You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: College Entity 2 - Do You Believe?

Real Ghost Stories

College Entity 2 - Do You Believe?

 

This is an update from my previous story, College Entity. You can read that here if you're interested: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23036

If you're not interested in reading all that, the summary is that I'm in a college dorm with a roommate. I've felt an oppressive feeling in the room, my roommate has randomly found the room freezing when I find it stuffy, a hot pad was thrown from across the room to my desk when my roommate and I made a joke about a ghost, I felt a hand grab my arm when I was laying in bed, my laptop acts only glitchy in the dorm room, I've felt a presence by my bed watching me, and my roommate saw someone rummaging at my desk when I was still in bed.

This entity seems to go back and forth between being active and in-active for a while. I've started to feel a presence right behind me when I sit at my desk at college, as if someone is looking over my shoulder. This has creeped me out multiple times, but I convinced myself that I was imagining it due to the other activities in my room. But, after making my last post, I've changed my mind.

In my room, if you sit at my desk, you can't see underneath my lofted bed unless you move over to the doorway or my roommate's side of the room. It's vice-versa for my roommate.

I wrote and submitted my previous post outside of my dorm room due to the feeling of being watched. But, after it was posted, I convinced myself I was imagining it. I was responding to a comment on it one day when I felt the presence move, as if it was walking past me. My two hot pads, and three boxes of tea were thrown at the back of my desk, only stopping after I closed my laptop and moved away from my desk. From my new position, I should have been able to see someone under my bed, but no one was there. Since then, I only returned to the website to reply to a comment when I was outside my room. I'm only posting this story now because I'm at home for a break, otherwise there's no way I would go on this website at school with this spirit hanging around.

What's also noteworthy is that our door suddenly started acting weird. We would lock the door, but it would somehow unlock itself and slowly open on its own. We even had a service person come and look at it, but they couldn't find any reason for why this would be happening.

Another day, all the screws on our window screen came off and our screen partly fell off. It would have certainly crashed if we didn't keep our heavy curtains closed all the time. Again, we had a service person come and investigate, but they could find no reason for why all the screws suddenly came out. My roommate and I don't even have a screwdriver in the room, so neither of us could have done this as a joke.

About a month ago, I had to get up at 6 on a Saturday for a project. As I was up and getting ready, I clearly heard a woman's voice whisper my name. This creeped me out, partly because it came from under my bed, but also because the voice sounded nothing like my roommate. I also turned around when I heard my name being whispered and looked directly at my roommate in bed, but she was not moving her mouth and clearly in a deep state of sleep. I was in the room for another forty-five minutes and I heard nothing else and saw no sign of movement from my roommate.

After this though, there was no activity until recently. Our door was working normally and everything. I rarely felt the spirit standing by my desk, but just to be safe, I still avoided this site.

But, everything changed about a week and a half ago and this was probably the creepiest thing to happen in the room yet. My current roommate and I are rooming together next year as well, in a dorm where a historical figure once lived. The historical figure (I'm avoiding naming them since I'd rather people don't know the specific college I'm at) didn't die in this dorm, but some people have claimed to see them there over the years. My roommate had jokingly said to me about two hours before I climbed into bed that maybe this historical figure would visit us next year.

I had just climbed up into my bed and my roommate had just left to shower. She left her desk light on, which illuminates the whole room so I can still see things from in my bed. I was adjusting my alarm clock and had yet to take out my contacts. All of the sudden, I felt a hand tightly grab my arm and a female voice said "Do you believe?" before letting go. There was no one in the room (I looked under both beds while I was still in my bed, and I even got up to check every inch of our room personally) so there's no explanation for the voice or the hand. The question was asked somewhat aggressive and sounded like the voice that had previously whispered my name.

Now, I'm not sure what they meant by "Do you believe?" Maybe they were asking if I believed in ghosts. I think that maybe they were asking if I believed that this historical figure is a ghost on campus. I'm leaning more towards this because the spirit had been inactive until my roommate made the joke about them contacting us. Still, the event creeped me out a ton.

I'm not interested in getting rid of the spirit at this point. I'm partly worried that any attempts to get rid of it will anger it. My roommate and I also have another six weeks left after this break ends so I'll be out of that room soon. The odd thing though is that this entity seems focused solely on me. I've experienced it grabbing me twice now and my roommate remains untouched.

Does anyone have any ideas about why it's interested in only me? I've never answered it on the two occasions it has spoken, I try to ignore it, and I avoid doing things that make it throw objects.

Other hauntings by NinjaPirateAssasin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NinjaPirateAssasin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-25)
Sadly, suicides amongst college age young adults are not uncommon - it's a time of stress, upheaval and so many changes. There's a well known rumor at a college near me with a reputation for fairly rigorous academics that the shower heads in the communal bathrooms were lowered after several hanging incidents. This same college is also host to dozens of haunting stories - I hardly know a graduate of the institution without their own story to tell. In my mind, it makes sense that college and university campuses would be centers for paranormal activity - not only are they jam packed with the age group known to attract activity but they are also positively overflowing with strong emotions (stress, passions, anxiety... Did I mention stress?) that are also known to whip up activity and cause residual hauntings, those same emotions can as I said also cause tragedies like suicide, and many campuses (like the one I mentioned) are quite old meaning they've been around for quite long enough for quite a lot of energy, history and emotion to have piled up through the years.

It might be a kindness to the next resident to do a bit of a cleansing on your way out. A recent op (Goggzy) mentioned a method his paranormal investigative group uses of a meaningful 'you need to leave' discussion with the spirit paired with burning salt, which Ladydarke explained quite eloquently.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
NPA,

Thanks for the reply, I can see where info gathering would be 'complicated' to say the least.

Respectfully,

Rook
NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-19)
Rook -- that's a hard question that I've been trying to figure out. Dorms have been rebuilt, renamed and completely moved over the years. They have also completely switched names of dorms too, making it difficult to pinpoint an exact date of a building. I know the name of my dorm existed twenty to thirty years ago before being demolished. I haven't been able to find if they rebuilt it on the same place or moved it. This also makes the history a bit tricky to find out (especially since my college does try to cover up news of any accidents or suicides that occur on campus to avoid scaring away possible incoming students).

Thank you for the quick reply!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-19)
NPA,

Thanks for the reply. Next logic question (s) would be...

How old are the Dorms you are in?

AND

Do you know (or can you find out) any History concerning them?

Respectfully,

Rook
NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-19)
Rook--I previously mentioned one of my ghost experiences to my roommate in the room. I've been completely avoiding the topic of ghosts (although my roommate does bring it up sometimes) because this entity doesn't seem to like it when the conversation comes up.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-19)
Have you been speaking with friends or taking a class that involves the 'afterlife'? Just a thought I had as I read your experience, you mentioned that it seemed 'focused' on you, add that to the 'fact' it asked 'Do you Believe?' and it makes me think someone is trying to 'convince' you that 'spirits exist'.

Again, just a thought as I sat here and read your experience this morning. Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook
NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Mack -- the voice sounded like it originated from the room. With the whisper, it sounded as if it came from under my bed and the "Do you believe?" came from right next to my bed. Neither sounded as if they were in my head.

Macknorton -- I've thought about asking people in the 3 rooms next to us, but I'm pretty sure they won't have noticed anything. One room consists of people who have family in the area, so they're rarely in the dorm as they sleep and do homework at their houses. The other two rooms contain people who usually spend the night at parties and spend the day sleeping. So any activity in their rooms most likely goes completely unnoticed! I've tried to do some research on deaths there, but the University does a good job of making sure no local papers mention what happened, especially if it happened in a dorm because students most likely won't want to live there one day. It also makes it harder to search for records when my school has redone, moved, and renamed dorms multiple times over the years. I have heard that a girls heart failed while she was asleep in my dorm, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Thank you both for reading and for your comments! I'm not entirely sure if the spirit is malicious. I have gotten a bad feeling when it's around and both times it spoke were extremely creepy. But, when it asked "Do you believe?", the voice was very intense, but not angry or evil sounding. (Although, I'm not sure what evil would sound like!) I've also never previously experienced a spirit throwing things, so to me this seems like more aggressive behavior, but I can also see that it's an easier way to get my attention!
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
I have to disagree with the malicious label. From what you've described in your posts, I get the impression that it is just trying to be noticed or observed for some reason. Perhaps it is a former student interested in proving the existence of ghosts to you and trying to give you some tangible evidence. That would explain why it is interested when you are on this site.

Question about what you heard... Did the voice sound like it originated in the room, or did it speak in your head?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Yeeeauuurghhh, that's really awful! What a nasty thing to do to someone. My take is she's asking "Well, do you believe in spirits NOW? Mwah mwah hahahahahaaa... (that's supposed to be an evil laugh BTW) "

Sounds like you have a malicious spirit there who's decided she has NOTHING better to do with her miserable life than to try make others miserable as well. Ever met those people? I sure have...

She may not be only targeting you - maybe you could make some general inquiries of nearby dorms if other people have had strange or inexplicable unpleasant experiences? Although there's always the risk of them looking at you like you are stark raving mad😊.

Is it worth doing some research on whether anyone passed away on that Campus / room?

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: