You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Legless Man In The Cemetery Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Legless Man In The Cemetery Part 2

 

I joined last year to share my experiences from 10 years ago in regards to my encounter with an apparition I saw while out on my ATV one evening. A couple of the comments I got were that I should go back and see what I could find since it had been a long time since I had been near that place. This past summer I got the chance to head back to the cemetery where I first saw this apparition.

When I drove out there, it was middle of the day on a nice sunny July afternoon since I wasn't brave enough to go explore in the evening, let alone at night. I was in the area visiting family and since I had a bit of free time I decided to make my way over there. The cemetery itself isn't what I'd describe as large but it's in a wide open space surrounded by trees and tall grass. There's also an old small church that sits at the entrance gate that looked incredibly old.

As I made my way around, I noticed that there were quite a few family plots there, both with the recently deceased and those who've been dead. Among those who I saw was a husband and wife couple who had passed away some 30 years apart. As I saw this, I found myself starting to feel sad for some reason and was on the verge of breaking out in tears, even though I had no idea who these people were but I started feeling these emotions of being lonely and only could imagine what this person must've felt by being widowed at a relatively young age based on what the headstones said.

After I pulled myself together, I decided to make my way over to the area where I saw that legless man from 10 years before. As I approached, I started feeling a bit of hesitancy; not in the sense that I was scared but that feeling you get when you're unsure about what choice to make or giving an answer on a topic which you know nothing about. It's really hard to describe to say the least. After a couple moments of standing there, I went over to where I saw this man stand and faced the same direction he did the day I saw him.

Still having that feeling of uneasiness, I started to speak out loud as a way of talking with him which including introducing myself, asking him if he remembered me from that day and I ended up apologizing to him if I had interrupted him during that time. The more I talked, the less uneasy I felt and right around the time I apologized, I felt sense of comfort that I cannot explain.

After saying all this, I made my way back to the car and just as I went to unlock my door, I heard a whisper in my ear from a man that said to me, "No hard feelings." Startled, I turned around and saw no one there. I also wanted to add that it was not a windy day out so I will personally attest that it wasn't a gust of wind that did this. Oddly enough, I wasn't at all scared by this and as I started driving away, I replayed that moment in my head and started laughing, like I had just heard a joke.

I feel like going back there really helped bring closure to some unanswered questions that I had. Most importantly, I feel that the legless man I saw in the cemetery 10 years ago is no longer an embodiment of fear but rather someone who is just like myself.

Other hauntings by EmptyWalls

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EmptyWalls, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
EmptyWalls, that's cool you're able to get a bit background on the place, makes a lot of sense too. Thanks for getting back to us. 😊
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
EmptyWalls, Thanks for both of your stories! I'm so glad to hear that the legless man spoke to you like that. It was a very nice thing that you did when you talked to him and apologized.
EmptyWalls (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I've been extremely busy with my new job and graduate school.

Tweed: I am a man but I'm very sure my gender had nothing to do with it. After talking with my cousin about the cemetery itself, I think the man may have been more concerned with me running through the cemetery on my ATV. According to what he told me, the local church that owns the cemetery has had problems with snowmobilers in the winter taking shortcuts through... So I think that may have had something to do with it.
Glurr (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
I liked this a lot. I think it's great you feel something else other than fear now, I don't know much of what to say other than the fact that this really warmed my heart up. It was beautiful.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-08)
EmptyWalls, thank you so much for sharing this. I have just come from reading your first encounter with this man. Both parts are going into my faves. I love that you went back and how you handled everything, absolutely love your attitude.

Umm, bit of an odd question to ask here, but are you a man or a woman? I ask because if you're a woman, the man's disapproving glare all those years ago might have been him disapproving of seeing a woman on an ATV. You know, old timer from generations back thinking 'Grrr, that's not very lady like!' lol just a thought.

I also like what WishNot said, in the comments of the first part, about the storm possibly supplying the right conditions for a manifestation.

I'm so glad you went back, this is so cool! What a treasured moment you had. By the way it sounds like you're naturally tuned into the spirit world, all those emotions at the cemetery smacks of empath traits. You might want to look into that if you haven't already. 😊

Thanks again for sharing. I'm surprised the conclusion to this hasn't received more comments.

OI, YGSers! Read part one and two of this, it's great!
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
This is something amazing... You seen that legless man again after 10 years... May his soul get salvation

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: