You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Black Panthers

Real Ghost Stories

Black Panthers

 

I and my older sister had strange occurrence when I was 6 and sister 10. We lived in Portland Oregon. We slept on an army cot together in the dining room of a small house, our brother slept on the couch. I'm now 62 and sister 66.

One night we had gotten up to use the bathroom. We both were seeing a big tall something at the front door. I seen a tall black figure at the door my sister said she seen Jesus. Both figures were a bit taller and filled the doorframe. We were huddled so tight together as we walked and where my brother was sleeping, all we seen was a black panther green eyes staring at us. My sister said she could see our stepfather talking to whatever was at the door but I didn't see that.

We had to go through mom's room to use the bathroom and there was another bigger black panther on our mom's bed. We did not even see our mom. It wasn't aggressive but its green eyes stared right through us. We kept our eyes on it and proceeded to the bathroom. While we were going through this, the house was like walking through a haze.

Neither one of us recall going back to bed. This has haunted us all of our life. The next morning in back of the house was an OIL tank and it was on the other side of our room. We noticed the next day the tank had handprint smeared in blood. Were we being protected? Did it have anything to do with the panthers?

My sister and I had no more occurrence ever again. I have, as my sister, gone through a lot of troubled times. We all do in life. We have wonder what it all meant.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bev, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ms_st0308 (6 stories) (66 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-15)
Bev and Nancy, just my two cents here... But from reading your story I got the impression that you had a troubled relationship with your stepfather (which was confirmed by Nancy's comment a little later). With that being said, did that difficult relationship also cause some strain between the two of you and your mother?

My opinion is that with these stressful circumstances, maybe seeing the panthers was, in your child's mind, a protector of some sort. If either of you were/are religious in any way, that may explain why Nancy saw Jesus. It has been my experience that personal belief systems influence what we view as protectors or defenders in times of need.

There is a possibility something bad was going on the night or was about the happen and the two of you were protected from seeing/remembering all the details. It is common during something pretty traumatic or hard to handle, but no less frustrating years later when you're trying to understand.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-06)
Hi bev

This is truly a wild experience. So "out there" and with such surreal, dream-like imagery, my theory is it was an EXTREMELY vivid dream that one of you had, and because of it's vividness and your closeness with your sister, you BOTH think it actually happened to BOTH of you.

I say this because I have an older brother, a couple of years older, and were are very close. We even now, still argue about events that occurred when we were kids the age that you and your sister were in this story. We both think that we were both at some event, when in fact only one was, but because it was shared so vividly, the event has become a false memory (or not as we still argue).

Spockie - alien abduction? Really? How on earth (no pun intended) did you come to that conclusion? Are you suggesting that aliens insert memories in our minds in order to mask an abduction?

Regards

MMack
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
Hmm...
Interesting! My opinion would be it may be your guardian spirit (or guardian angel) .
Spooky though...
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
Hi NancyLee--I will admit that the story, as written by your sister, was a bit vague and sketchy regarding details, so I may have misunderstood that the figure by the door didn't have green eyes. When your sister wrote, "all we seen was a black panther green eyes staring at us", I assumed the figure your stepfather was speaking to had the glowing green eyes.

Your description and clarification of the events that evening has made visualizing the night in question much easier. In particular, it is very relevant that your brother was not on the couch or anywhere to be seen and giving the precise positions of the three panther-like entities, the figure of the tall man and your stepdad, really clears up an otherwise muddy picture. With this more detailed description the reader can now understand what you both witnessed.

You state that as you got older, you started thinking your mom and brother were possibly shape shifters. Out of curiosity, are you of Native American ancestry? There are many Native American mythologies that involve shape shifting spirits. Of course the idea of shape shifting goes back to Greek mythology and, even further back, ancient cave wall paintings also suggest it.

I know almost nothing about shape shifters but years ago I had an encounter with what I believe was a nature spirit. Essentially, a face morphed out of the branches and leaves of a tree I was sitting next to one night (if you are interested this story was published on this site under the title The Face In The Tree). In this regard, maybe you and your sister did indeed encounter multiple shape shifting nature or animal spirits of some kind. A truly unusual experience and one that is easy to understand would have left such a profound impression on both you and your sister. Thanks for filling in details and clarifying your sisters narrative.
NancyLee (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
Hello, Manafon1
Thank you so much for asking us sisters questions. I feel you believe our True story. Our step father was very mean. No way would we ask him. The tall man at the door did not have green eyes. I think you read that by accident. My sister did not say that... I just read your last sentence, how did you know that's what I thought at the time this happened, next day? Blood on the oil tank next to our house and a dirt basement I would not go into. 'I said, dead people live in there' *Back to what we saw, sisters, same time. OK, here we go with our true experience, From our army cot in the small dining room we could see our stepfather talking to this very tall figure at the front door. Figure was as taller than the molding on the door, almost to the ceiling. IT had no face, no eyes, nose, mouth, nothing. (black) dressed like Jesus with robes & sandals. *My little sister needed to use the bathroom, so we we cuddled (hugged) each other tight as we could. On the way, I could see my younger brother was not on the couch or anywhere & this was very late at night. When we got say half way to the bathroom, we looked to the right the other side of my stepfather sitting in a chair sitting on the edge of said chair talking to Tall figure. There was a table, no chairs & under the table was a small black panther with green eyes. Then my sister & I proceeded to the bathroom threw our mothers bedroom door. There was a large panther on the floor in front of our mothers bed green eyes. Then on the bed was a medium sized panther green eyes. All 3 panthers were staring at us the whole time, like protecting us, all the way. We made it to the bathroom & I don't remember what happened after that. Except we found the blood on oil tank back yard, next to the window we were sleeping under in dining room. Its like we were being protected from what ever happened that night. Thank you! * As I got older I was thinking my mom & brother were possibly 'Shape Shifters'? As the Native American Indians believe.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
Hi bev--Your account is indeed a bizarre one. You write that your sister saw your stepfather speaking to one of figures at the door. An obvious question would be did you ever ask him who he was talking to? It seems unlikely that the subject would never come up.

You state the figure was "tall" and had panther eyes and that your sister thought she saw "Jesus". These descriptions suggest you both saw a figure standing on two legs. You then write you saw another, "bigger black panther", on your mother's bed. Was this creature standing too? Was it just the panther like eyes that makes you describe the figure you saw as a panther or did it change shape?

Answers to these questions might make the picture a bit clearer. Maybe what you and your sister experienced was some sort of nature spirit. Still, I can't help but think it's possible you and your sister witnessed some traumatic event that you are both partially blocking. Instead of remembering what you truly witnessed your young minds created something still frightening but less "real". You mention an oil tank behind the house that had a blood smeared handprint on it. Maybe your stepfather was fending off an intruder and the handprint was left by the injured invader after your stepfather injured him.

These are just some some ideas that might be worth considering. A big question is if your stepdad ever spoke of this incident.
bev (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
no screen memories, sorry but this is what we went through, no wild imagination just haunting us both until this day
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
It might be interesting for you to undergo hypnosis sometime and try to recall what really happened that night. It sounds like you are both recalling screen memories which mask what really happened; perhaps an alien abduction.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: