You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: My Experiences Over The Years

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences Over The Years

 

I'm not sure if I'll get a response on this story but I just wanted to share some of my paranormal experiences and how they have evolved over the years. Some quite terrifying and scary the rest happen while I'm in the in-between stages of astral travel and dozing off to sleep. My very first experience happen when I was about 3 or 4 years old and before anyone states the obvious of how I can remember that young I have always had a great recollection of memories and major moments in my life.

This happened when I living in my old home with my mom in Illinois. I used to sleep with a night light on in the hallway because of fears of the dark. My door would always be open so the light could leak into my room, on one particular night I remember the light glaring brighter than usual (no idea how I remember this)... I remember waking up in the middle of the night and right in front of my bed was an ultra black figure just sitting right at the foot of my bed. The pitch blackness seemed endless although I should've been scared I didn't feel any anger from this presence or formation of the entity. I very strongly remember in having ear length black hair and I could see the silhouette of its ears and bone structure. The part that gets even more weird is I remember staring at this thing for a long amount of time. The feeling of the room was dead silent like no energy was able to enter but I felt a vibrating energy from this figure. I remember being in a private Christian school at the time and when I tried to tell someone they told me in was the devil...

From that moment on I've been able to feel certain presences in rooms when no one else is there. I remember a specific event when I was asleep and I awoke to blaring rock music (listen to it not really ever) and it was hurting my ears it was so loud, my body was in a state of paralysis and I was completely stuck. I just had to lay there in listen to the music as it played and I went back to sleep. I know for a fact it wasn't happening in real time because as soon as my sleep paralysis lifted you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet and I just remember my heart racing in my chest (I was around 10 or 11 when this happened) I have always been very aware of these instances. Sometimes I have sleep paralysis and can hear someone whispering in my ear very gently, I can feel their breath and heat as the talking continues. As of not lately I have been experiencing sleep paralysis almost every night and when it happens I can see faces but very faint and I hear knocks or talking, sometimes even tickling on my side (I know how weird that must sound lol)

I have also always questioned my existence and I feel very strongly that I come from somewhere else yet I don't know where and it has really been bugging me. I am now an adult and I just feel like there are more answers to the equation and decided to post on the forum to see if someone else has the same experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jazzy981, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

littlelight (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Hi Jazzy, I actually understand how you feel. I think you're sensitive and have gifts that are trying to develope, in terms of seeing, hearing and feeling through the veil.

Check this website, http://www.starchildren.info/indigo.html
Or just do a search on 'star children', that's how I got some more info to help me understand my feelings of 'not belonging here' and an undeniable sense of unknown purpose. It helped that I have people to talk to about this, sister, friends and open minded parents!
There more of us out here than you may think. Check it out and I can really only suggest you go with your intuition/feelings on the info you find. It will iether feel right or it won't, trust that 'feel'. I would also suggest you post your story on the sister website, http://www.spiritual-experiences.com/

Hope I've helped a little ❤
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-18)
Don't worry about people doubting your ability to remember from a young age. I was about four or five when I had my first high probability paranormal experience and I remember it quite well. Still scares me.
She kept coming back so my parents brougt on a whole squad of well reputed mediums and she stopped coming. Thankfully.

You feel like you were from somewhere else? Ever been somewhere or seen a picture or similar that you felt was where you might be from or heard a language that you felt might have once been your own? Thinking in terms of a possible reincarnation scenario.
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-18)
Wow! Very very interesting. I think your life holds a lot more secrets than you might imagine. Like at the very conclusion of your story you add that you might be from somewhere else. How do you figure? Albeit Its apparent that you had some paranormal encounters during the duration of your life but how does that factor in as to question the birth of your existence?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
Jazzy,

Very interesting experiences. Do you still see and feel this dark shadow person around you?

Also because you say you feel you are from somewhere else, it could be a possibility you have reincarnated.
Maybe you have past lives. Just some thoughts.
And if so you could try looking up a well known medium, and ask for his/her help. I have heard great things about going for that.
Ive also read some great research into the past lives,experiences.
Very interesting stuff.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
notadaddysgirl (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
Welcome. Same here was wondering if you mean that you think your from a different world or a different time (like reincarnation)?

Thanks for an interesting read.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
Hey! Jazzy welcome to YGS... Same question as of lady glow arise in mind while reading the last line! Hope to hear you soon!
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-04-14)
Jazzy981: welcome to YGS.

Have you been to a doctor? The first thing you should do is to be sure that there are not underlying health issues that might cause sleep paralysis.

You could be sensitive to spirits, though it is difficult to say if this is the case given the little information provided in your story.

It would be a good idea to start a journal recording your experiences and see if they follow a pattern.

What do you mean by "...feel very strongly that I come from somewhere else yet I don't know where..."?

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: