You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granny Visiting For My Daughter's Birthday

Real Ghost Stories

Granny Visiting For My Daughter's Birthday

 

My mother's mother had been living with my parents for almost three years before she passed away in March 2016. She was suffering from Alzheimer's for the past several years and often had strange stories to share with us. While at my parents' house, she swore there was a little boy who kept eating fried chicken legs at the foot of her bed - Grandma was found more than once peering under her bed yelling at him to come out. She also claimed a little girl with a knife sat in the rocking chair in her room and had cut her leg.

Picture of Something Strange

This picture was taken on March 11, 2016, one day before the first anniversary of my grandmother's passing. It was my daughter's 13th birthday. Just before my daughter blew out the candle on the cake, my husband snapped a picture with his cell phone. We didn't look at the picture in detail until my husband posted it on Facebook, and someone pointed out the strange object over the computer desk in front of the monitor. There was no camera flash, and the monitor was turned off. Because of another occurrence that happened the day after my grandmother's death, I immediately wondered if maybe that "orb" is her. I'm hoping someone can confirm what it is one way or another.

The experience I had just after her death happened the morning I got to my parents' house. My grandma had been living with them for almost three years. The morning after she died, I arrived from out of town. As I was walking to the back of my parents' house, I observed what appeared to be a small ball of light slowly drifting from what had been my grandmother's bedroom over toward my parents' bedroom.

Any ideas? Please feel free to ask questions. I have several other stories I hope to publish soon.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kirovmom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-09)
Hello Kirovmom,

I do believe this is something spiritual. My dad was always partial to his one and only "great granddaughter". He always felt sorry for her and babied her because she was born blind in one eye even though you can't tell it by looking at her. My dad passed away in September of 2015. We were all over at my parent's house one day after his passing and my grandkids were sitting at the computer desk where they used to sit with my dad. I took a quick pic of them sitting there at the computer together. (I did not have my flash on) There was a definite orb that looked like it was moving because it was in the shape of a spiral, like I captured something in motion. I do believe that was the spirit of my dad. My 2 1/2 year old grandson has also seen my dad on several occasions and has waved at him. When we have ask him who or what he is waving at, he always says "Papa"! And looks at us like we are crazy for even asking who he is waving to.

While I do believe in demonic spirits, I don't really know if I believe in ghosts but I am beginning to believe that the deceased might be aloud to come around their loved ones from time to time.
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-07)
Although I can't say that is an orb I can however say it is not a lens flair off the candle the angle is wrong. It does not appear to be a reflection at all but almost like a sticker that had been ripped off. The angle is wrong for it to be off a hanging light and it appears to cover more of the computer screen than a reflection would.
That being said it very well could have been your grandma watching over her family.
Blessed Be.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
Hi Kirovmom

Thanks for sharing and posting your photo. It's hard to say what that shape is. To me, it looks like lens flare (I think that's the correct term) from the light of the candle.

Had the shape been the recognizable face of your Gran, then yes, I would say her spirit was present (on the basis that the photo was not faked of course) but it's just so hard to say for sure that a unidentifiable shape that appears on a photo instantly means "spirit activity".

But rest assured, I firmly believe that we are reunited with our loved ones, so whilst that shape may not be your Gran, you may very well meet her again when you pass over yourself.

Regards

Mack
kirovmom (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
I'm so sorry! My grandma passed away in 2015, not 2016. Thank you for reading and commenting!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: