You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Faceless Suitor

Real Ghost Stories

Faceless Suitor

 

This is a first time post, and it concerns my girlfriend. I'm an easily-spooked person, and I dread the day I have to face any malevolent entities. To start, my girlfriend's family is full of people who can see entities; and, consequently, these entities like to seek them out. However, there are members of her family that can "repel" entities and she happens to be one of them, which is why seeing one of them freaked her out. I will relate two of her experiences here.

The first:

She mentioned that she was asleep in her room, when she woke up and saw this faceless person trying to get to her. She can't explain why it wouldn't just go and touch her, but it seemed like something was pushing it back. The figure looked immaculate (complete with halo), minus a face; it looked male, was fair-skinned, and wore white casual clothing. She said that he looked very attractive, but he felt very wrong - like he was wearing something nice to cover up something dreadful. To support this, the very first thought that came to her was "Say the Our Father to make him go away"; and when she did, he began parroting her in an effort to keep her from finishing. She did manage to finish the prayer, and he vanished just like she felt he would.

The second:

She dreamt that she was being married off to him against her will; and she was being forcefully dragged down the aisle by her mother, of all people. The building they were in was full of people dressed in white, and she couldn't tell who they were because they were looking away from the aisle (including the priest). The faceless man (as she's come to call him) stood by the altar, watching and waiting for the chance to touch her. As she was begging her mother to stop, a thought kept going through her head: "Wake up. Don't let him touch you." She eventually woke up, and that was it for a while.

I have scoured the internet looking for anything that sounds remotely similar to this, and I've only come across two things that look like this in local folklore, and they both have faces. Her family has been to see someone who can supposedly tell them what the faceless man is, and they were told he is a prince. A prince to what, however, I can't say; and now her nephew mentioned seeing him once, and I have yet to clarify if it was at their old house or here (another island). This entity has got me worried, because it supposedly went after her sister, who happens to be sensitive; if her nephew saw him in the city we're in, that means we'll have to contend with him, and it would really help if we knew what we were dealing with.

I'll post more info the moment I have it. I look forward to your answers.

Other hauntings by Mazzmarach

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mazzmarach, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Hi, guys. I'm sorry if this got a little too confusing, and I apologize if it seems off-topic. What Roy found on Kapres is correct, but it's likely that this is not what was haunting my girlfriend. To add: they are 7 to 9 feet tall, all black, and smoke cigars (no, really).
An engkanto is a nature spirit, said to live in the trees or the rocks; and this is what I believe the Faceless Man to be. To support this, my girlfriend's sister was given something by the albularyo to keep him away from her, which is what is usually done.
On a happy note, he hasn't been seen since, so maybe he found someone else who could reciprocate his feelings or he's given up. Thanks for your time, folks. I'm hoping I don't have to resurrect this story someday. 😊
Mazz
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Cheers roylynx...,,,,,,,,,,... So a Kapre is basically smeagol?
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Dr. Wiki says,
Kapres are said to dwell in big trees like acacias, mangoes, bamboo and banyan (known in the Philippines as balete). It is also mostly seen sitting under those trees. The Kapre is said to wear the indigenous Northern Philippine loincloth known as bahag, and according to some, often wears a belt which gives the kapre the ability to be invisible to humans. In some versions, the kapre is supposed to hold a magical white stone, a little smaller in size than a quail egg. Should any person happen to obtain this stone, the kapre could grant wishes.

Enkanto... I can't even find the wiki of it but from my understanding, it could be something like a tree elf?

But, how is these related to the faceless spirit or whatever that is in the story? I will just stick to the result because I am starting to forget what this story is about... Confused too, sorry.

E.Lynx
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Sorry, I've read this thread through a couple of times and am getting a little confused. Could you explain a but more about what Kapre and enkanto are?
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-27)
Hi Mazz

It related to a crime ring in a village/small town called ibabao (I think that was the spelling, it was a couple of years ago). Live streamed child exploitation. Pedos over here and in other countries were paying to watch kids being molested. Anyway, the end state was that tHe Philippino police made a number of arrests, a number of child victims were rescued and a number of "customers" around the world were arrested.

I realise it's a major crime problem over there, but its not the type of offending I'm used to dealing with.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Mazzmarach,
I didn't say it was a kapre. I just cited an example because I personally know someone who was impregnated by a kapre. I, too, thinks it's engkanto. Great to hear that it doesn't bother your girlfriend anymore. But one last question, do you think it could be killed?

2nd1st,
Same here, although I'm far from Cebu, your "distressing investigation" intrigued me.

Take care,
Mhanne ❤
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Hey, Mhanne. That this thing could be looking for a bride doesn't surprise me, so your idea isn't farfetched; however, I don't believe it's a kapre. I'm actually leaning more towards engkanto based on the description my girlfriend gave me.
I'm happy he's not showing up anymore, and I'd like it to stay that way.

2nd1st:
What do you mean by a "distressing investigation" in Cebu? That intrigues me a bit, because I'm from Cebu.

Mazz
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
roylynx,
I didn't think it like that. I thought vicar is about some religious stuff. I do not know much about their rituals. And mostly mumbles their chants/prayers lol they use herbal medicines. I forgot to mention.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Mazzmarach, I completely missed your message for me here. So he must be attached to something in that house and he might be just seeking for some help that's why he haunted your girlfriend I guess. I understands that traditional things are rarely documented there is chances that they would never be documented before they disappear, it's sad but it is. If it's bad please try to clean the house as I have commented before.

E.Lynx
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Mhannerism, I have understood them as a vicar of some local ritual, no? Since you said they use religious stuff against spirits. I know a local vicar (Christian) who works in an osteopathic council in week days, and chants prayers in a church on Sundays; I was thinking it is something like that.
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
roylynx,
It's okay. Don't worry.:D
Yes and no, it's not a vicar. They don't use much religious stuff against creatures. They only use it against spirits.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Mhannerism, pardon me senhora, please except my apology.
So what you mean by a witch doctor is like a local traditional doctor and a vicar? OK, that answered my question; I was just curious senhora, don't take it too serious.

Good blesses from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
[at] 2nd1st/roylynx - I'm not a boy.

I didn't quite follow you but I'll answer according to my understanding. Yes, it is nature spirit. But in Mazzmarach's girlfriend case, it could be either elemental or a bad creature that could shapeshift.

I said there are only few ghost stories than elemental stories because of our culture. Like Mazzmarach said, we have so many islands. So the chances of creatures that inhabit islands, forests, lakes even farms are high especially in provinces.

People run to witch doctors when science (doctors) couldn't explain the cause. They act like paranormal investigator but for elementals, nature spirits and the likes. Mazzmarach is right but I'm going to add that they only use simple equipments that doesn't require electronic devices. They only use leaves, candles, potions, charms, chants/prayers. Some can heal too. When my Mom's friend was bitten by an infected dog, it took a chuck out of her ankle but they have no money to get anti-rabies so they went to a witch doctor. She's fine now and she didn't get infected. He didn't accept any money so they bought him bananas instead.

[at] Mazzmarach
This is going to sound crazy but do you think the faceless man is finding a mate? Agtas and Kapres impregnate woman that they like and then take it away when it is born. From what I've heard, if you get married and have a child, it might stop. But I'm not sure.

It's a good thing it doesn't show itself (for now)

Take care (of your GF) :D
Mhanne ❤
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Ahoy, there (I'm feeling pirate-y). I'm sorry if this is a little late, but I'll try and answer your questions.

Mhanne:
Unfortunately, I don't know much about the house, except for the location of my girlfriend's room.
As for seeking help, yes, they did see an albularyo. He's the one who told them that the Faceless Man is a prince - sketchy, I know.
Her parents managed to kick him out of the house, and he's been trying to find his way back in last she heard about him; she hasn't been to her house in years, and doesn't plan on going back.

Roy and 2nd1st:
Unfortunately, the mythology and superstitions of the Philippines relied heavily on oral tradition; if your grandparents say so, then it is so. This means that a lot of cases aren't well-documented and I personally believe they've been embellished.
Albularyos are "witch doctors" in a sense that they practice spells, use potions, and talk with spirits. They're usually the "go to" folks whenever something paranormal crops up; unfortunately, that's about all I know about them.

As for elementals, I'm not sure which ones you mean. The only elementals I'm familiar with are the classical ones; personally, I think Philippine folklore falls more under the realm of faerie than elemental.

So far, the Faceless Man hasn't shown himself here in Cebu, so I think there's something in that house that's tying him down.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Mhannerism, hi sir, I have the same opinion as 2nd1st. I am very curious about witch doctors too do they work like psychics? Like, do they have gifted powers to communicate with ghosts and spirits in a special way? Do they use equipment to provide information about what they are dealing with?

Just incase I have to expalain my comment, I have mentioned a few comments before hand, there are categories as odd beings, UMAs (?), you have mentioned shape shifting beings, those might be one of them, if it is so, wouldn't it be better to find the science behind it? Like recording it, try to see what that was, things like that.

Folk stories that I know of are not all fake tales, there are people who want to debunk fake tales and find the truth behind it, a psychic or witch doctor in my opinion would just help in the process of calminging one's mind.
I know that there are spirits and everyone have different experiences, but why turning the arrows to religious thoughts if there will be ways that we can experiment with the entities around? (Find witch doctors or psychics, because they are known to have special power and things like that). I don't meant that I don't trust witch doctors, but before finding one, we can at least try out many things that we know of, that's why this site exists and that's why there are so many groups of investigators.

Nothing too serious, just curious.

Greatest respects from São Paulo
E.Lynx
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Mannerism, I'm interested in your comment that there are few ghost stories but many elemental stories in the Philippines. From what I can tell the difference is that ghosts are ex people whereas elementals are some sort of nature spirit type deal?
Would the higher proportion of elemental to ghost stories be the product of different interpretations of the underlying entity in different cultures or would there be a literal different apportionment? Of course that is somewhat rhetorical as we have no way of establishing this one way or another. But still food for thought.

I don't know much about the phillipenes. The only research I've done has been around informal financial structures and also a very distressing investigation around a small town in Cebu.

You also mention "witch doctors" are you able to give us a brief overview of the type of belief system they subscribe to?
Mhannerism (2 stories) (82 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-25)
Mazzmarach,

Posts from my fellow countrymen always intrigue me because there are more elemental stories in the provinces than ghost stories.
My first question would be, where did this experience took place? Province? Rural area? Does your girlfriend lives/lived near an old tree or lake that has history? Like "Kwento ni Lola Basyang" as they call it? Sounds elemental to me. Have you tried asking for a help from a witch doctor (albularyo) besides your girlfriend's parent? Because you only mentioned that her parents warded it off temporarily. It wouldn't hurt if you ask an albularyo for help.

I'd say that this is a shapeshifting elemental. I'm not certain but this is what I first thought.

Keep us updated when you have time.

Take care,
Mhanne ❤
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-23)
Hello Mazzmarach. I am so sorry, I was busy these 2 days. Reading the comment by kevin6680, and I was aware that you have said that the faceless suitor hated salt. It seems that it is kind of like what people describe as a bad spirit or as kevin6680 said a demon.
Do you have any antique in your house? Or did you buy any antique recently? If so try to do a housecleaning, cleaning the house always keeps bad things away. Also, I recommend cleaning the antique with natural crude salt and clean water, you can just mix the salt in the water and clean any furniture, there is no harm anyway.

Blessings from São Paulo
E.Lynx
kevin6680 (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-22)
I am not an avid commenter on this site but I would be pleased to offer my view. With the abilities she posses there is a chance the entity isn't that of ghostly nature. Your descrption of covering up, the tension and uneasiness and the fact of don't let him touch her... The prayer leads me to a more sinister evil. I would say it's possible you're dealing with a demon. They are master's of deception. I recommend talking to a medium.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
Hello, Roy. As interesting as faceless ghosts go, they're popular in Japan, yes; in the Philippines, they're either dressed in white or dressed in black, and they tend to haunt spots where they supposedly died.
This guy just appeared one day, out of the blue, and went after my girlfriend and then her sister. Their parents were eventually able to get him out of the house, but he's been trying to get back in if their neighbor is to be believed.
I don't know if he is a sad entity, though he might be. Me and my girlfriend have theorized that he wants something inside the house, or he came with something that's now inside the house. He can't seem to cross open water, and he doesn't like salt.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-20)
Hello! I noticed that faceless people seemed to be a popular ghost story across Asia. From Japan, there is a category of such things as Yokai, which means odd beings. There are believes like, that badgers can hallucinate people. They have power to transform in to a faceless human. Folk stories end here.
I remember that when I was young (in my twenties) my sister used to tell me that there was a mysterious man living at the well-known abandoned building, Treme-Treme aka Edificio Sao Vito. People whom have seen the mysterious man, all said that he had no face. Sadly now the Sao Vito is demolished, and there are no evident left. One thing sure about is that if there was a faceless man in that building, it must be a sad soul which had left behind by people whom lived there.
Could the faceless suitor of this story also be somebody's sad soul whom still haunts your girlfriend?

Blessings from São Paulo
E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: