You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Castle Leslie Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Castle Leslie Haunting

 

Just got home from a 2 night stay at Castle Leslie in Co Monaghan. I was aware that there was reported hauntings prior to going but did not want to read any stories before I went, and my wife was totally unaware of any stories relating to the castle.

We stayed in Normans Room and a serious of events happened between 1am and first light which would have been around 5/6 am ish. The night in question was Monday night/Tuesday morning 4/5 April 2016.

Firstly, we returned to the room around 12am and we both were very tired after the drive up from Co Wexford. I was woken and I could feel a presence in the room and I could make out the figure of a man sitting in the chair next to the bed. The hair was standing on the back of my neck and I couldn't move. I then saw what I can only describe as a mist/cloud over the right hand side of the bed. I had a restless night of dreams one of those was a dream of being in the bed and and others which I can't recall. It was very warm in the room and I was too scared to move or even hang my leg outside the covers.

In the morning my wife confirmed she too had a night of vivid dreams and awoke to see a cloud of mist at the foot of the bed. No windows in the room was open. I was glad to see the morning and went to the bathroom.

Our room overlooked the vast gardens and lake and whilst looking out over the lake it looked like a wave/wall of water around 10 ft was moving across very slowly. My wife confirmed the same, but by the time I got my camera to take a picture it had disappeared.

The following night we told the night porter our experience and he mentioned that there was reports of the bed being haunted and offered to move us into another room. Nothing like this has happened before and I would say I was open minded yet sceptical.

We had a sound sleep on the Tuesday night with the help of a different set of spirits. I can't explain what we saw and we will return there one day but won't be staying in Normans room. Sean Doherty

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sean7Doherty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Midnight_Flower (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-25)
I agree with Manafon1 regarding the wall of water possibly being mist. I've never heard of something like that happening but hey seeing is believing.

I can imagine you were terrified when you seen those things in your room. At least the entity didn't cause any real trouble. Seems like it was just observing you.

The vivid dreams may or may not be connected to the haunting. I personally get very intense vivid dreams when sleeping in a new place.

The view sounds absolutely beautiful. I would love to visit Ireland someday. Best of wishes to you and your wife. Thanks for sharing this story.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-20)
Sean7Doherty--Welcome to YGS. It definitely seems like you and your wife had some paranormal activity at Castle Leslie. The figure you saw sitting in the chair and the mist cloud both you and your wife observed are commonly reported types of phenomena in paranormal case study collections. You were both really lucky to have had such vivid encounters, even though you may not have felt that at the time!

I don't know what to make about the slow moving wall of water both you and your wife observed. Could it have been thick morning mist moving across the water? Did you ask the hotel staff about this incident? Was this image retreating or advancing? If retreating it was quite possibly morning mist evaporating in the morning sun. Just a thought.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: