You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Possible Encounter?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Encounter?

 

I'm new to this website so bear with me. So I don't suffer with sleep paralysis, I don't know if that would change anything at all?

Last night I was in bed lights off etc and I was half awake but I could feel that I wasn't alone. So while I was laying there I could feel a big weight on my chest and it was kind of a struggle to sit up or anytime that I moved. But I didn't think anything of it and then I felt a weight on my throat. I could still breathe but it just felt like a light pressure, kind of like the way a scarf would feel. And then I started to feel a weird pain just under my rib cage and then on my hip. It felt I was being poked and prodded. Eventually the poking stopped but the "cramp" on my rib cage stayed.

This isn't the first strange thing that's happened. A few weeks ago the alarm on my iPod dock station, which is currently unplugged, had gone off and then another time when my cd player had randomly started playing a song. Some days I would smell perfume in my home and it would smell the strongest around my bed or sometimes I would smell it beside me and I don't normally wear perfume due to my job.

Today I also had a short encounter where I was closing the store and so I had gone to clean up a shelf when I saw a black shadow from the corner of my eye bend down and this shadow stuck out like a sore thumb. At first I thought it was one of the girls that was closing with me but quickly realized that she was at the front (editor interpretation) and I was towards the back of the store...

Anyway I could really use whatever advice on what this is and if I should be worried or not

Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Harleybutton, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Harleybutton (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-07)
none that I can think of 2nd1st and I have never touched a Ouija board Tweed:) other than the feeling of being watched before I go to sleep that's it so far
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-23)
Hi Harleybutton,

I can address your iPod docking station issue with a similar experience that I had.

I keep an iPod docking station at work on my desk. Where I work, they close the buildings during Christmas and we are on furlough - no working allowed for a week. This December, when I got back after the break, I opened my office door and my iPod docking station was making a creepy staticky sound fairly loudly. It was like a radio station tuned to nothing, but worse because it whined in an oscillating fashion. I was scared at first because I knew I had unplugged it before I left for break. Sure enough it was unplugged. I couldn't get it to stop! I had to look it over and I found a small compartment with a battery in it. Thus learning that the iPod docking stations can work when not plugged in!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-22)
Hi Harleybutton,

It sounds like you've invited something or someone in. Not that you meant to do this. I guess I have the same questions as 2nd1st, any recent changes?
Also have you had a falling out with someone recently? Any Ouija board experimenting?
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-21)
At first I thought you were describing regular sleep paralysis (non paranormal) The chest pressure accompanying it is not uncommon and it us often accompanied by hallucinations.

But you've also described several other incidents that seem unusual. I'm guessing you don't sleep in the store so it's probably not a haunted place issue. I'm no expert but I think there are a few possibilities.

If I can ask and obviously no requirement to answer, have you had any major events or changes in your circumstances recently?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: