You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mom Hears Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Mom Hears Voices

 

When my mom was a young girl she used to be very close to her grandmother who used to live in Mexico. As my mother grew older she was even closer to her grandmother.

One day her grandmother started to get very ill and somehow my mother expected the worse. Well she recalled being in her home in Mexico while her grandmother was in the hospital.

She and her mother where sitting in the porch when she heard the strangest voices. My mom recalled hearing many voices what sounded like they were praying. Like the sound of a big group in a Catholic church. She had told my grandma about what she was hearing but my grandma thought she was crazy. But then again my grandma realized that her mother sometimes could also hear voices like people praying and such, but she didn't want to scare my mom by telling her. Well, as soon as my mom heard those voices not long after her grandmother had died. After that day my mom has been given a gift she believes was handed down by her grandmother.

Every time my mother hears voices she knows something is about to happen. She can't say what or is not sure. No she does not hear them all the time, and she is not schizophrenic.

My mother is always by herself at home during the day because my brother and I work and she usually says nothing out of the strange happens. Just the other day she said she was in her bedroom and she heard many voices speaking, but before that she said she heard a long train that sounded like it was in a subway station. Before the voices she said it sounded like a train stopping and she began to hear many voices in the distance. She could not decipher what they were saying but she said she found it to be a very odd experience. She said this has happened to her twice in our home.

She decided to tell my grandmother who was shocked and my aunt-in-law happened to be there. She actually mentioned to hear the same thing as her but only once. She described the train as going fast, like if it was on a journey. She said it finally stopped that it had a screeching noise like they do when they suddenly come to a stop. She said she was trying to hear what they were saying, but all the voices were in the long distance and she said they sounded like they were coming from the room next to her.

Has anything like this happened to any of you?

Other hauntings by loneybone

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, loneybone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-05)
Thank you both for your answer.
Revajane- yes sometimes shortly after my heard these voices days later something would happen to someone not necessarily death but someone always got sick or hurt.

Justmenoname- No nothing would be running and my mom would just be watching tv or just laying in bed when she heard these ramblings and people talking.
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
Hi I was just wondering when you guys or your grandmother hears voices, is there something running? Because I would always hear children speaking also, but it would be when the fan is on, or when the purifier was on. I was told that's because the electricity is running, therefore like static, sometimes you can hear the paranormal. I'm not sure though.:)
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-13)
lonelybone, I just read your story and to me it made me think of the old stories of Banshees - in Ireland/Scotland or the old stage coach. This type of Omen is usually family orientated.
Like an omen of pending death. Have there been death shortly after experiencing this?
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-05-03)
Hello Tweed

To explain more into detail, yes she said it sounded like an older train passing by. As far as the voices they were believed to be in Spanish and English and they were both male and female. Well I'm not sure how often this happens to her but just 2 days ago she heard the same prayer like lots of people praying in a church and it turns out that my grandpa has been very sick and depressed. Her theory on this, is that they are warning signs that someone is going to get sick or that something not so well is going to happen. She explains the voices often sounding like a lot of people in a cafeteria or restaurant when there all talking at one time but you can't really understand what there saying.

Hello
Miracles51031

I do believe sometimes we hear these voices because they are often trying to warn us about something. I know that it's hard to decipher what they might be saying but maybe there not there to tell us what's going to but just there to warn us. Or maybe they them selves want help maybe they feel stuck in our dimension that they need help going through to the other side. And thanks for sharing with me your comment that is really odd and makes wonder, what is there business here?

Manafon1
Thank you for your comment and lovely description, that is how my mother reported they sounded like. I would say you are lucky if you hear them because not everyone can hear them. And just maybe there were trying to reach out to you for some help.

I my self never heard any voices, but I have seen plenty of ghost in my days. Coming up this august I will be staying at a hotel called The Galvez in Galveston, TX. Many have reported the 5th floor being haunted so I requested a room up on the fifth floor. Wish me luck and hopefully I'll be able to post about on here.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Thanks, Manafon. Sometimes when my kids ask me why and I can't provide them with an explanation based on experience, I go with my gut. Not that my gut is always right LOL, it's just what makes the most sense to me at the time.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Loneybone and Miracles--I have heard disembodied voices clearly and crisply, yet without being able to understand the words being spoken. When I was around five, I clearly heard a man and woman arguing quite distinctly (while everyone else in the house was asleep) every night for around six months. Their voices were distinct and of a normal speaking volume but seemed muffled somehow. Distant yet close.

When my wife and I heard a disembodied voice coming from between my wife's head and her pillow, again it was crisp but neither one of us could understand what was said. Seems to be a common trait. Like you stated Miracles, "maybe it's enough for them that we hear them" I like that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Glad you commented on this story, Tweed. I had intended to yesterday but completely forgot.

Loneybone - for years, and I do mean years, I would hear women's and children's voices. They would get louder, as if they were getting closer, but I could never understand what they were saying.

After I stopped hearing the women and children, I started hearing men's voices. Same situation. I could very clearly hear them, but when they got loud enough I should be able to make out what they were saying, I couldn't understand anything. They weren't talking in a foreign (to me) language, but they were just indecipherable.

My kids and I also experience single voices like this. Clear/crisp voice that we should be able to understand but we can't. I sometimes think they just don't want us to know what they're saying. Not for any bad reason, but maybe because we just don't need to know. Maybe it's enough for them that we hear them.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Hi Lonelybone,

First to answer your question, err no, or not that detailed at least. The most I get is a brief sentence if I'm lucky. How often does this happen to her? Also could you find out how old the train was? Did it sound like an old steam engine or a modern train? Were the voices in English, did they have an accent, male, female or both? Does she have any theories on what this means?

Very intriguing stuff, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: