You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Being Touched

Real Ghost Stories

Being Touched

 

This one happened to my Mom and Aunt when I was a little girl. I read a story that someone put in the web site and after I read it, it reminded me of this one. Only difference is that this one would be more in the lines of being believable.

I was about 6 or 7 years old and we live in an apartment at the time. My parents had been looking to buy a home but for the time being, we were living there. This was in Chicago, IL on Whipple street. It was a basement apt and as you walked through the door there was a room, which I guess you can say it was like a foyer, then you would turn to your right and there was another room which was the living room and the dinning room, if you would walk towards the end of the apt, to your left was my parents room and a small hallway to the right, at the end of the hallway to the right was a bathroom and to the left the kitchen and at the end of the kitchen there was my brother's and my bedroom. At the time there was just two of us.

So, many things happened in this apartment that I truly would like to find out what ever happened in that apartment or basement. I will tell you all about it at its time. Between the kitchen and my parents room, there was a small hallway which was like a walk in closet, but it would lead to the kitchen and our bedroom. One night we were all sleeping and my mom said that she had this uneasy feeling, as if someone was watching her. She said she had her eyes closed and it had gotten cold. She slept on the inside of the bed against the wall. She said that she would cover herself and something uncovered her. She thought it had been my Dad. So she covered up again, and again she was uncovered, but this time she felt someone touch her, almost as if they were caressing her. She turned to see if it was my Dad and she could see that my dad was turned to the other side. She tried to reach for my dad to wake him up but she was frozen, she could not move. She said that she could not see anyone but she could feel the breathing in her face and they were grabbing her.

After about 5 minute of trying to break free, she finally did and was able to wake my dad up, but he did not know what to do to help her, all he did was just stay with her until she fell back to sleep.

The next day she called my Aunt and told her what had happened. My Aunt was quiet on the other side of the line. My mom asked her if she was okay and she said to her "the exact same thing happened to me" and my mom asked her when, and she said "last night". When they confirmed the time it was around the same time that they both experienced it. My mom and my Aunt are not twins and she lived at the time in Chicago and my Aunt in Costa Rica Central America.

So, how do you explain two people experiencing the same thing at the same time only different places.

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
It really sounds like sleep paralysis to me, right up to the point when your mom called your aunt. Then it gets a bit...Unexplained. It is true that some family members have a connection of some sort that allows them to feel what the other is feeling at the same time, even though they be many miles away. This high risk pregnancy of your mothers could have been the emotional link that was needed for this to happen. I do not know, just a thought there. Thank you.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
It's funny that cupcake mentioned that since right about the same time my mom had a dream that she saw my grandmother and tried to Hug her and she said she looked as if she was very serious and not like her when my mom hugged her she did not respond 2 days later my mom found out she had passed away. See, she was in Costa Rica and my mom was in Chicago. She was pregnant and high risk and my Aunt did not want to say anything until she had my brother.
😲
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Oh!Now I know! I just read your comment, which I forgot. It was you're grandmother! She was going to both places, half of her soul at your mom's and the other half at your aunt's.She wanted them to know that she is leaving now. She loves them so much that she came by before she left to the other side, to heavan!Isn't that grand?
With love,
Yuki
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Well,it could have emant something. I know that the ghost or spirit that did it must've been trying to tell them something. I can't tell what. All I see and hear is going too fast! I can't understand! But means something. When I get what it means,I'll come tell you!I'll be able to give you a bit of advice anytime you need it though! But this one is a mystery to me...
With love,
Yuki
tanami (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
hiya,
thats really weird having the same thing happen 2 your aunt and mum at the same time freaky... ❤ Belle
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
Thanks for all the comments. I want to say that the same thoughts that are going through your heads while reading this, same thoughts went through my mom and aunts head. They mentioned that if it had not happened to them they would not have believed it either. It did happen and to my mom and aunt it was a scarry moment. They are very close and at the time they were trying to cope with the death of my grandmother their mom. I have no idea if that had anything to do with it or not but then again who knows
lian01 (3 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
Ha Ha! I love your opening comment..."Only difference is that this one would be more in the lines of being believable" Very confident of you!
Not really sure about what happened to your Mum and Aunt. Unfortunately some things can't be explained, and if true, this is one of them!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-18)
Hi, luv. I wonder if something happened at that time within your family? That was a really good story, I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading the other experiences you mentioned happening in that apartment. Have things continued to happen to you since that time? I'd love to hear more! Thanks for sharing with us. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
I am not sure how these events happening at the same time to sisters in two seperate areas can be explained, but so much about the paranormal and events that happen concerning the paranormal are unexplainable and continue to be so. We can not understand a lot of what occurs and how it occurs.

Thank you for sharing your story with us,
God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
I really don't know what to think about this one! Your Mother and your Aunt having the same thing happened to them at the same time, on the same night? Was it some kind of message the entity or something other was trying to relay to them? I really don't think it would have been a relative. I can't imagine why they would be caressing you and then start grabbing you. That doesn't sound like a loving relative nor a friend trying to reach you from the 'Great Beyond'. It sounds obvious to me that your Mother and Aunt are/were pretty close(relationship) since she called her the very next day to tell her what had happened. Like you would do with a best friend. You call them when something has happened to you. I see it as being a connection between the two but don't know if it was something evil or not. I wonder if one or the other or both were under stress and somehow created this thing to reach each other since they were so far away from each other. I have read in a Hans Holzer book about how family members or close friends can reach each other telepathically even when awake when they desperate enough or have no other way of connecting with each other physically or verbally. This is one strange story that opens your mind to a lot of possibilities! The, "What if's?" It could be this, it could be that! No one can really say for sure. One can only speculate. Thanks for sharing your story! ~Shelby ❤
Rosemary (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
I believe the spirits knowing both of them coordinated these incidents so they could compare notes.
My Brother and I living in the same home, in our situation have received two parts to the same dream and we only realized this when we began to tell each other what our dreams were.
I have heard on television that the same family members can have the same experiences and or get two parts the first and last part of the same dream.
This is how our realtives in the Spirit World reach us sometimes and by touching us or breathing us or in dreams is the only way to get their attention.
The enities in your mothers situation and your aunts could have been ar ealtive trying to get their attention to let them know they are alive in the World Beyond.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: