You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghosts of 1011 Lansdown

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghosts of 1011 Lansdown

 

When I turned 18, I packed my bags, kissed mom good bye, and headed for the biggest adventure of my life, Toronto! I was very excited, coming from saskatchewan, and was ready for all the glitz and glamour of the big city. I unfortunately ended up living at 1011 Lansdown, and it had a horrible reputation and was by far the worst, ugliest and most awful building I had ever lived in, but the rent was cheap and I fixed up my bachelor pad real nice, and set in to trying to make my way in the big city.

I had lived there for about 8 months, when a friday the 13th started to come around. All month long I had an uneasy feeling, and for 2 weeks straight I would be sitting on my futon in my little square room, and I would see a dark shadow come down the door, along the south wall and circle the room, ending up in the bathroom, where it would seem to settle in the bath tub. Then I would see a kind of form sit up in the bathtub, to say the least this freaked me out and chalked it down to the girl I had staying with me at the time who claimed to have been raised by cult members who practiced voodoo. I simply thought she had brought an evil presence with her and asked her to leave (which wasn't easy, she was a real mean gal, that one) eventually she left and I cleansed my apt with some fresh sage from the railway tracks behind the house. Thinking this would resolve the problem. It didn't.

Now all month long, I had been joking with people in the building, "just watch" I would say "on the 13th, they will find a body on the building". I got in a fight with my boyfriend on the 11th, and went to stay with a friend, and returned on the 13th.

When I got to the building, there were police cars and a coroners van there, needless to say I was kind of shocked, the cleaning lady told me a body had been found on the 15th floor, right above my suite (I lived on 14), she told me the body had been there some time, about 2 weeks! I laughed it off and said right sure! I went up to my floor and unlocked my door, the hallway light wasn't working and so I walked down the hall, I kept hearing crunch crunch with every step I took. "My cats sure made a mess with their littler" I thought, the light in the kitchen bedroom wasn't working either. Crunch crunch, I went into the bathroom and turned on the light, and was standing there wondering what all this white stuff was everywhere, when I realized it was moving! Maggots! Everywhere! I grabbed my cats, and ran out locking the door behind me. I left everything there and never went back. To this day when I walk on 15 and 14 floor I get chills. To imagine what I saw those two weeks was probably the spirit of the person upstairs, who had been found in the bathroom!

Another time, last winter in fact, I was visiting krissy, a friend of mine on the 8th floor, her floor is quiet most of the time but there is a girl there who brings lots of strangers by and would often have them waiting in the hallway, needless to say I wasn't surprised to see a man in black at the end of the hall when leaving krissy's. But my hair was standing on end and I got a horrible feeling of dread, I asked krissy to come out into the hall, and we called to the guy who was leaning against the far door, "hey, who you waiting for?" he didn't move at all, and although it seemed he was facing us, we could only see black, we then noticed it was not a solid kind of person, it was like a solid black fog in the shape of a person. We kept calling him asking who he was and telling him to get lost, he didn't move, didn't move at all, not shift his head to look our way, nothing. This whole time we started to get an even heavier feeling of foreboding and evil, krissy sensed it to.

Determined not to be scared I started walking toward the elevators, hallway between us and it. I couldn't even get to them, it's as if something was stopping me from going any farther, and the feeling got worse, I started to back away quickly down the hall, never taking my eyes off it, and decided to take the stairs, the lights were off all the way down to the 6 th floor and I ran for my life blindly in the dark heart ready to jump out of my chest, and took the lift from 6 down. My skin was still crawling as I left the building and went to the coffee shop. I hopped in the truck and called krissy on the cell, " who or what was that" I asked and we both said at the same time "I think it was a demon!"

Many other things have happened at 1011 lansdown, but by far these two things were the worst, some nights though that same feeling, like foreboding and a great evil on the loose would settle over the building and on those nights, I would stay far far away, or hole up in krissy's until the vibe had cleared and was more or less back to normal. I am so glad I don't live there anymore!

Other hauntings by daughterofearth

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, daughterofearth, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
hi daughterofearth,
wow I would have lost it right there. I have one question, did this person have no family to check on them once in a while? And mustang you are so right you would know in a day or two down here in florida.
daughterofearth (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-18)
thanks for all the great feedback:) as for why the body sat undiscovered for so long is simple, there is no air circulation in that building, and her windows were open, the whole building has a bad smell though and that isnèt the only body that sat undiscovered for so long. I believe Krissy does still live there on the eighth floor, and has for almost 20 years that building is so full of spirits it is a ghost hunters dream! But I do not recommend going there, it has a way of kind of making it so you keep coming back and eventualy never leave, even if you arent on drugs, it is a very dangerous place and I will be posting more stories about there and other places soon:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
What are the odds that you were joking that something would happen on the thirteenth and something actually did? (It actually started before that, but she was found then, just as you predicted.) I am telling you, when I read the word maggots, I got chills. I can not even imagine going home to that. I agree with the other two, a DEEP cleansing of that building needs to take place. Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
OMG! The maggots! That is disgusting! I bet that figure you saw WAS the person who died in their bathtub. They were trying to tell you that they died in their bathtub but of course you had no idea. That's why it kept walking into your bathroom and into the tub. Two weeks? The weather must have been cooler because here in Florida where I live, that dead body would have been stinking after a couple of days! People down the street would be able to smell it! I can't believe it took two weeks for anyone, in an apartment building no less, to smell a dead body! That is horrible! Do you know how that person died? And does your friend still live there? I'm glad that you got out. That building does need a good cleansing like Kim said. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
I am very glad you don't live there any more either! Wow, how frightening! Does your friend Krissy still reside there? I think that entire building could do with a good cleansing and several crosses hanging, all over!
Do you have information on the history of the building?
thank you for sharing your story.
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: