You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sisters In Europe

Real Ghost Stories

Sisters In Europe

 

I am a 25 year old Australian who travelled around Europe last year with my younger sister (20 years old) who for this story I will just call K.

K and I had been travelling for 3 months by ourselves and with friends for some parts. K and I are both interested in the supernatural so on our adventures we went on a few 'ghost tours' here and there, explored the underground Edinburgh Vaults, Paris catacombs and old supposedly haunted castles. While all these activities were super fun and educational, we never had one 'creepy' or 'unexplained' experience. The creepy and unexplained didn't come until the last few days of our trip when we weren't looking for or expecting it.

The first experience took place in early morning Dublin, before sunrise. At this stage of the trip K and I were travelling just the two of us and we were running quite low on money. We had a day trip booked to take us out to see some castles and other sites of Ireland. We had been instructed via e-mail to meet up with our tour group at a Dublin train station at 6.30am.

Low on money and not wanting to pay for a taxi, K and I decided to get up extra early and walk to the train station. According to the concierge at our hotel it would take us roughly 30 minutes to walk there. So we set off at 5.45am just to be safe.

Being the eldest sibling, I felt responsible for K's safety so I was always very aware of our surroundings. As we were walking in the dark to the train station the streets were still very quiet at this time of morning. We saw a few people here and there but not enough to feel comfortable about two girls walking alone.

Anyway to the weird part. K and I had been walking for about 20 minutes when I noticed the shadow of a person approaching us on the sidewalk. I looked behind me to see if we were dealing with someone friendly or not, but nobody was there. Besides a couple walking on the opposite side of the street and in the opposite direction to us. When I turned forward the third shadow was still there. This time K turned around to look behind us and when turning back she asked me, "Did you just look behind us because of that shadow?" to which I responded "You see it too?!"

We weren't freaked out yet. I suggested that it may of just been an optical illusion, like perhaps one of us was creating two shadows due to the angle of the sidewalk or something. So we tried to prove that theory by putting our arms straight up in the air and waving them around while watching the 3 shadows. When we did this only 2 of the shadows copied our movements. The third simply kept walking along side of ours casually. K and I both began laughing (you know that wtf nervous kind of laughter). We spent the rest of the walk looking behind us trying to catch something or someone following us but we never saw anybody and the shadow walked with us the entire way to the train station until it was to lit up to see any of the three shadows anymore.

Personally I'd like to think that perhaps it was a guardian of some sort. K and I really should have got a taxi it wasn't smart for the two of us to be walking around in the dark in a place we barely knew. So maybe the shadow was just trying to make sure that we arrived at our destination safely.

The second unexplained moment happened a few days later back in London. K and I were exhausted and had gone to bed early in our hotel room. We had a single bed each with a small space in between. We were watching a movie on TV. I rolled over first and told K that I was going to sleep. Maybe 5 seconds later I felt a heavy pressure on the end of my bed just as if someone had sat on it. The bed even dipped and I had to pull my feet up. Assuming it was K I didn't even bother turning over I just asked her what the hell she was doing. That's when I heard K ask me from her bed what I was talking about. I spun around and sat up immediately. There was nothing on the end of my bed and it was clear that K had not moved from her position as the chips she had been eating were still resting on her tummy. I told K that someone had totally just sat on my bed and we both did the wtf laugh again, but I wasn't really scared. Less than five minutes later I rolled over and went to sleep again with no more occurrences.

Safe to say we came back home with a few fun stories to tell.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LunaEclipse, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-09)
Hi LunaEclipse, welcome to YGS. I agree with Red. You girls should have taken a cab to the train station considering your own safety and that too in a strange place even if you were short of money.

It could be a guardian spirit or it might be some tricks of light that made you feel the third shadow as it was quite early in the morning and that the street lights due to angle might have caused the third shadow. But can't be sure.

As far as the hotel incident is concerned, did you try to investigate the matter since you girls were interested in visiting haunted places and interested in paranormal? If you had inquired the hotel staff or room attendant, what was their reaction and if there is any, please do share with us. Well, leave the first incident, as far as the second one is concerned, if you girls have laughed, then really you are courageous.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
aku-97 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
Hi Luna
I too had an experience similar to you except it was at home and around 3 in morning. First I thought it was my brother crawling up my bed. When I opened my eyes or rather peeked from under my blanket I saw shadow near my bed and then at a little dist. If you find any explanation please do tell me.
Since you are in ghost adventure can you please tell me if spirits can contact people in their dreams and show what happened to them.
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
I like that you guys had the presence of mind to try arm position changes to test for multiple shadows resulting from multiple light sources. Good stuff!

Obviously I don't know the layout of the street, but is it possible that the third shadow could have been cast by someone moving on a parallel route? That would be my first thought, but of course the subsequent bed event does support the potential of this being something more.

Good on you for not being freaked out by this. I would have been back to wall nearest heavy object in hand
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-06)
LunaEclipse,
You girls really should have taken a cab to the train. Not because of the shadow but because it is very dangerous for young women walking about in a strange place. There's no way you would do that in New York City. There has been a lot of crime this year.

Maybe the shadow followed you during that tour and then followed you back to your hotel and sat on your bed. As a friend might do after a long day.

Regards
Red
koolruud (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
Hey LunaEclipse,

That shadow was definitely guarding the both of you. If I were you, I'd totally run all the way to the train station.😆

About the thing sitting on the edge of your bed, maybe you were hallucinating, cause one does hallucinate when exhausted. I do sometimes. Or maybe you can check out the history of the hotel, like how old it is and stuff.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Take care.
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-28)
Hello LunaEclipse,

Sounds like a great trip! 😆 As far as the shadow person goes it's nice to think that it was in fact someone escorting you ladies to the train station! What a gentleman.

And as far as someone sitting on the edge of your bed... I don't know if I would have reacted so calmly lol Especially considering it felt so real you even pulled your feet up! 😭

Good read though and very well written! Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: