You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Floating Lamp

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Lamp

 

There have been a few accounts in my parents' house but this one seems to stands out the most. It was right after Christmas 2002 and my mom, my oldest sister and me were sitting in the living room just talking, when on the table next to the couch my mom and I were sitting, the lamp started to shake and before we knew it, it lifted over the baby wipes and my sister's wallet and set itself on the floor about three feet away from the couch.

I know it didn't fall cause I watched it literally float over the wallet and baby wipes. This lamp weighs about thirty pounds and is quite bulky. We tried to blow it off but how can you blow off something like that?

We have had other things happen like sometimes when I am in my mom's bedroom taking a nap, I can smell a rose-like perfume and something has literally shaken my shoulder, called my name and told me to wake up. It's not scary, in some way it is comforting. My mom has smelled this same smell and something has told her to wake up or will just call her name.

We moved into to this house about ten years ago and have had many things happen.

Some things quit happening after I became a christian but stuff like the rose perfume and sometimes the feeling someone is watching is still there.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kathy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
A gigantic sum of genuine paranormal accounts could be assembled which would definitively show that no religious group or religious individual is completely immune to spirit contact or is somehow inaccessible to spirit beings.
The very fact that individuals pray for deliverance from spirit forces and that they are instructed to do so verifies their susceptibility to those forces.

I have personally known of paranormal experiences of persons with whom I closely associated which show that even devout religious activity in itself is no more of a shield against spirit entities than are walls and doors.
Cases like those make it clear that encounters with spirit entities transcends religious affiliation, just as stated earlier.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-22)
I disagree highly with the last commenter. I believe religion has a LOT to do with occurances. Not so much that they stop just because you are a Christian. But I know as a child I would pray every night for this "ghost blanket" as I called it so that no spirits could touch or harm me as I tried to sleep or while I was sleeping. Thank you for sharing your story and God bless.

Trent
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
I agree with Shane on the fact that ones religous beliefs have nothing to do with it. Its porbably just a coinsidence. The lamp floating is not a coincedence. If the lamp was 30 pounds I'm pretty sure the ghost wanted to kill one of you with that lamp that day but I'm just guessing. Did one of your family mates die shortly after that. If so please tell us 😲
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
I also thought the last sentence in this story deserved comment. Not all of us here are Christian, and some of our experiences have ended for one reason or another. But I DO believe that when you have faith in SOME thing it makes dealing with the unknown more handle-able. I am very curious as to the "many thing happen"ing sentence. Care to elaborate? Thank you for the story.
tim (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
The rose smell was of a peaceful death. The lamp could be a sign of a upcoming death not to scare you but happened to my mom
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
Hi Kathy. I do not really believe that you becoming a Christian has anything to do with the paranormal experiences dying down. Maybe you believed becoming a Christian would prevent these things from happening, so they did die down a bit. The mind is a powerful thing! Thanks for sharing. ~Shelby 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
I agree completely with Shane, religious beliefs aside, these occurances can (and do) happen to A LOT of people. I am a Christian and, well, let's say there have been numerous encounters. Christians can end up seperated between Heaven and Earth all of the time, check the Bible.

Thanks for sharing your story,
GOD BLESS! ❤
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
I do not believe that one's religious beliefs has anything to do with the paranormal. Paranormal events seem to transend religions. It is how you handle the situation that seems to matter most. To me it sounds like you have the spirit of an elderly woman that still resides in your home. One, who for whatever reason chooses not to move on. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: