You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Window Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Window Shadow

 

This experience I have kept to myself since 2012 but here I go as I have found this website to let this out.

It all began when me and my mother were driving home from some kid's party one night and when we pulled up to the driveway I had noticed shadow-like figures in the kitchen window. We had left all the lights on due to my mum's paranoia of robbery. Anyway my mum didn't notice because she was focusing on parking but I kept staring at the shadow-figure. It was just standing very erect and didn't move. When I got out of the car and ran to the front of the house and looked through the kitchen window it was gone, but as I backed up I slowly realised a shadow figure staring down at me from the upstairs window which was my mum's room.

I almost fell to the floor in shock and my breathing became difficult until my mum approached me asking what I was doing because we usually enter the house from the back. I then said to my mum "I think someone's in the house." My mum was confused at first and slowly became to panic as my horrified face explained the whole thing. For some reason my mum called her friend Sarah and knocked on Debbie's (the neighbour). Sarah arrived and Debbie had came out of her house, we all were standing outside the house. Debbie suggested me and Debbie enter through the back while my mum and Sarah entered through the front.

Upon entering we had noticed my dog Toby behind the safety gate excited to see us and I was glad he wasn't hurt in anyway so Sarah and Debbie ventured upstairs to see if anyone was still up there. Debbie yelled that no one was up there, not even in my mum's bedroom or the kitchen, although in my mum's bedroom there were very faint scratches behind the door. Sarah felt them and it was mud. Me, mum, Sarah and Debbie all stayed up until midnight and Sarah went home while Debbie stayed over with my mum and I had found it very hard to sleep that night but I had Toby with me.

This is an experience I had been keeping to myself because it was truly horrifying and the worst part is I have anxiety which doesn't help with the whole thing, thank you for taking the time to read this have a nice day. In the end I blamed the fact that I barely got any sleep due to that party, the flashing lights and everything it was a real nightmare.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, warpedbandicoot99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-02)
Warped, have you tried to recreate the sighting? Perhaps set the lighting up the same, and go outside and approach your place exactly the same (same lighting level, driving up, etc.). Just want to rule out that you've investigated optical illusions.

It sounds frightening, and it might give you some peace of mind if it can be explained in some way. On the other hand, if it was a real presence and nobody has experienced anything since, it seems like you can rest easy that it was just passing through and likely won't be bothering you again. That may give you some peace as well.
warpedbandicoot99 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-01)
RCRuskin, for some reason there was some debate between me and Debbie to actually call the police.

Although my mother agreed not to as however or whatever did break in was gone. I still tried to convince atleast one person to call the cops, but alas everyone went back to normal within two days. 😕
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-31)
Very glad it was not a break-in.

May I ask why you did not call the constabulary?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: