You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Weird Story

Real Ghost Stories

My Weird Story

 

You think what you've read is weird? Well, you probably haven't yet. I grew up (and still live) in a house built in the 1870s. The house was built by a tobacco baron that owned a few hundred acres, but the land has mostly been developed in to housing. The house sits on only about 10 acres now. It's nice, and big with five bedrooms, each bedroom has a bathroom and a good closet. There's also a living room, dinning room, office, kitchen, study, bonus room, basement and attic. There's also an old barn on the property that's been fixed up and turned in to a nice garage and a few sheds that we use to store tools. All the buildings date back as old as the house.

It was always a little odd to say the least. There's always been noises that were unexplainable, drafts in rooms that didn't have windows and all sorts of unexplainable crap and occurrences.

One day, my brothers and I were out in the woods, walking towards the place where we built this fort, and all of a sudden I had a thought that said "RUN". All three of us started running back towards the house as fast as we could, and couldn't explain why. When we started talking about it, we all had that same thought. It took me weeks to get the courage to go back in that area. We ended up building a new fort elsewhere, but sometimes I would hear what sounded like feet walking behind me.

A few months later, I watched a dictionary slide across a shelf and place itself perfectly in the spot where it normally sits.

I woke up one night to see a lady in a green dress or robe smiling at me. She kissed me on the head and disappeared. I actually wake up and see her from time to time and she always looks back at me and smiles. My sister said she's seen the lady to.

In the bathroom once, I saw this strange white mist that simply disappeared within moments of catching my eyes.

Once I felt what felt like hands around my throat. I've heard what sounded like a ladies laugh, unexplainable voices when I was alone. The list goes on and on, but I never felt threatened by them so I brushed them off.

After my sister turned fourteen, we started to see "it". It looked like the cloaked predator from that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. In case you've never seen the movie, the predator, when he cloaked, looked like a humanoid that was translucent. You could only ever see his outline when he was cloaked.

My sister suffers from depression and we shared a room because we didn't want to leave her alone. She would cut her wrist, so we were always afraid that she would cut her wrist at night and we wouldn't know. That also meant we had to share a bathroom (which is another story all together). Me and her are also best friends, and that probably came from sharing a room together.

The first time we saw it, me and her were home alone. I heard her scream and used the key I had to get in to the bathroom because I felt like she was in trouble. When I opened the door, I looked up and I just saw it there, looking back at me. Then it just disappeared. My sister insisted that I stay in the doorway until she was done drying off and getting dressed.

It came back every once in awhile. For about a year, my sister would lock the door to the bedroom when she took a shower and I would lean up against the wall next to the bathroom door which would always be open.

One night, I watched the figure walk right in front of my bed. It scared the hell out of me.

Eventually he got himself a friend because I woke up once to see a black figure looking down on me. I walked over to my sister's bed and slept next to her that night.

When I was 15, my brother was killed in a car accident. He wasn't speeding, they said he fell asleep at the wheel and went off the road. The date was October 30th 2003rd. After recent events, I doubt that.

When I was 17, on October 28th 2006, I was in a car. My friend was driving and he hit the gas at a stop light, after the light turned green. He didn't know why. He went around a corner too fast and lost control. He went in to a skid and our car went over the yellow line where we were hit by oncoming traffic. I was in the hospital for 23 days. The doctors had to revive me twice. I lost my spleen, shattered my pelvis, and ended up in a wheel chair for three months.

Everything fell quiet. The occurrences, the noises, they all stopped (except for the ghost lady mentioned above, still saw her). Everything was normal until February 4th of this year.

I saw the translucent figure, he stepped in front of me and stopped, I think he was facing me. I think he was taunting me. He disappeared and a few minutes later, the phone rang. The caller was the police.

My dad was driving down the road from my house with my mother and my sister in the car. While he was going past a stop light, (it was green) a drunk driver slammed in to the passenger side of his car. The Ford 150 the drunk driver was driving cut my father's car in half. My mother and father were killed instantly. My sister almost didn't survive. She has brain damage. She has no memory loss, but her coordination and motor skills were affected.

Since then, it started all over. All the noises and occurrences are back. Except for the translucent ghost, it has disappeared and hasn't shown up since February fourth.

I'll post other stories later on.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wolfman456, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
I am so sorry for all of the losses you have had to endure. The accidents happening to your family members are a bit odd. I think if this had happened to me all in a four year period of time I would have a not so irrational fear of automobiles. Thank you for taking the time to share this story.
Wolfman456 (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Sorry it took me so long to reply. Today I got back from celebrating Thanksgiving at my Uncle's in South Carolina.

There's a lot missing. I left out a lot because I was typing in a hurry. I have the story all written out somewhere and I couldn't find it when I was typing this, so a lot was left out.

I'm also writing in a hurry right now.

I forgot to mention I live within 10 mile of the Bentonville Battlefield.

Also there is no history of depression in either sides of my family, so my sister having depression is odd, especially a case as sever as her's. I will also mention that before we moved in, she was a regular happy kid.

As for KimSouth question.

I know there were renovations to the house in the mid 1970s and the mid 1980s, and that electricity was added in the late 1920s, and AC was added in the mid 1960s.

My older brother (the only one not hurt in one of the car accidents) has said he's seen the translucent figure once in the study. So that means it has only once been seen outside of the my room, and the room under it, and that was the night my parents died.

---

The reason that I brought up the car accidents was that it's odd that every member of my family except for one was hurt severally, or killed in a four year period. Two of the accidents happened when my family members had no control and it was someone else's fault, or mysteriously with no real cause found.

Thanks for saying I sound rational. I've developed anger problems since the last accident so only the people on the internet think I'm "rational". A lot of other people think I'm a jerk and need counciling for the temper.

I probably sound rational because I've told the story a lot over the past few months, and I've had a few months to cool off since the last "accident".

Sister is forcing me in to doing something with her right now so I'll type another post tommorrow.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
hmmmm, I am not discounting anything here... However you sound very calm and rational for all that is mentioned having happoened to your family.

Do you have any additional history on the house and its property or the property around it? The wooded area maybe?

I look forward to hearing documented detail on this 'entity' and the occurances that you fel it is causing.

You have my deepest sympathy for your loses,

God Bless. 😐
futureghost211 (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-21)
It's hard when you lose someone that you're close to. I lost my 4 month old son Jaeden February 28 2006 from S.I.D.S. It is something that has truly changed me as a person. If what you have spoken of is the truth, then I am deeply sorry for your loss in this case. However, it seems like a lot more than a person of your age is in most cases able to handle. As far as the "translucent" figure, I am familiar with what you have described in your story. There is a place here in Colorado Springs called Helen Hunt Falls. If you look it up on line there is a couple of photographs that show the same translucent type of figures.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
I only have to say that something about your story seems off to me, like your leaving out something. But it just my opinion, people have told me that they don't believe me.

Blessed Be Ye
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Well, if this all truly happened to you, Wolfman, I am very sorry. But, like Shane I'll have to wait to hear from you on this post to validate your story before I will believe everything you've written. Again, IF this has happened to you, I am sorry.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
I reserve my comment for a later date on this one.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-20)
Wow weird.Very!Hm.Do more research. Maybe the man is the guy who built your house? But ti gives me the creeps!
With love,
Yuki

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: