You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Apparitions From My Younger Years

Real Ghost Stories

Apparitions From My Younger Years

 

I live in Johnson County, KS. I am here to share my ghost stories from my younger years. This particular story takes place from Pre-school - 4th Grade.

My older brother would always complain about this shadow man that he would see in the room across the hall (which is now his room). He said that when I fell asleep, he would see a shadow man in the room across the hall, then he'd look at the TV, and then it would be in our bedroom doorway. He said that when he would wake up the next morning, he would have sleep paralysis, which was scary.

One night, when I was in 4th Grade, I woke up around 4:17 a.m. Due to a nightmare. I then looked at the doorway, and saw the shadow man standing there staring at me. If you have seen Harry Potter, the shadow man kind of looked like Filch. I wanted to run up to my parents' room, but the Filch Thing was in the doorway, so I just hid under the covers. The next morning, I asked my brother if the shadow man looked like Filch, and then he looked at me terrified, and said, "You saw it too?"

In the summer of 2013, the same year as the Filch Incident (I am 13, turning 14) we went to our local Dollar General and bought a bunch of music CDs, one from the 50s, 60s, 70s, Malt Shop, Disco, and Blue Grass. My brother and I still shared a room. We were up almost all night listening to the music. On the Blue Grass CD (so weird, Atchison, KS is calling me right now, and Atchison is the most haunted town in Kansas! Oh well, back to the story!) there is this Jesus Loves Me song, and it had creepy sounding children singing it, and we heard the children say "Jesus Loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little want to him belong, They are weak but He ISN'T strong." I asked my brother to rewind that, because I had heard, but he isn't strong, so he rewound it, and lo and behold, They are weak but he isn't strong. So then I commented, "Now I'm just waiting for those little children to appear in our doorway tonight! I should have kept my mouth shut because later that night we looked in our doorway and there was a little shadow child standing there. We looked away for one second and it was gone!

One last one for this story. At night, whenever we would have a bad dream (this was when I was like 4) we would go to our parents' bedroom. Almost every time, we would see a shadow run across the bed and vanish into the wall.

Thanks for reading! These aren't the scariest, but it's my first story. There will be more uploaded soon!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Graycat5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
8 years ago (2016-06-06)
Graycat5 - as far as the lyrics in Jesus Loves Me, maybe you simply misheard because the song actually goes "Little ones (not want) to him belong..."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: