You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Sleepover And The Window

Real Ghost Stories

A Sleepover And The Window

 

I have several stories, and I've never been just terrified of any of my personal occurrences EXCEPT for this one.

*Explanation of the house set-up for later: you walk in the front door into the living room, you go left and there is her bedroom, a bathroom, and her brother's bedroom. You go right and into a dining area with the kitchen to the right of the dining area and then her parents' bedroom. A small hallway then a door that lead to the garage (it was a fairly small house).

Anyway, I was 15 or 16 and my best friend (let's call her Anna) and I had decided I was going to stay over at her house that Friday and go home with her after school, the usual weekend plans for us. The weekends were usually flip flopped. Her house one weekend, mine the next.

We had stayed up until around midnight watching movies, talking, laughing, and just having a good time. Anna and I head to bed and we were both tired so we passed out almost as soon as we laid down. About 3am, someone or something was pounding on her bedroom window. The headboard of her bed was on the same wall, right next to the window and I was sleeping closest to the window. As I started to wake up, the pounding sort of came into my dream so I thought I was just dreaming.

Her dad is a bit of a prankster so I'm thinking it's just her dad trying to scare us. I stirred a little and Anna asked me, still half asleep, "What is that?! Is it coming from the closet?" I said, "No, someone is beating on the window." At that point we had jolted out of bed and into the living room. She went straight to her parents' room and I checked the front door in the living room and it is locked. I checked the back door, locked. She came back in the living room and said her parents were sound asleep and her dad said it wasn't him.

Anna's dad has sleep apnea, a condition where he stops breathing in his sleep so he has to wear a mask when he sleeps that's hooked up to some sort of machine. He still had his mask on and the machine running when she went to their bedroom, so there is no way he could've made it to her window, back inside through the garage and the door going out to the garage, and back in bed with his machine hooked up by the time Anna made it to their bedroom. The garage was closed and every door in the house was locked. The house next to them was vacant, and the nearest occupied house was at least 200 yards away. We stayed at my house from then on.

Like I stated before, the house was fairly small so it took no time to make it to their bedroom. We remained friends throughout the years and I thought about that night one day and asked Anna if her dad had ever told her if he was the one pounding on the window that night. She said no and reiterated the fact that he couldn't have made it outside and back in bed that fast and so we left it at that. That experience will forever be burned into my memory.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Intrigued22213, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Intrigued22213 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-09)
Hi, sheld999! It was more of a fast paced, beating type of knock. Like I had said previously, the beating was so hard, I thought the window was going to break.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-08)
were the knocking repeated as in Knock...Knock...knock or was it more as in a door knock type
Intrigued22213 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-08)
Thank you for reading, babygoatpuller! It had crossed my mind to look but I really didn't want to know what may have stared back at me!

Hi, kiiko! I assume it was someone or something with a great bit of force behind it. I don't believe it could've been an animal considering the fact that the pounding was so hard, the window pane was rattling. 😐
kiiko (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-07)
Was there an actual person banging on the window? It might of been a person or some kind of animal. I wouldn't want to look ether but, it can uncover mysteries.

However, they do say curiosity killed the cat.

Your friend,
Kiiko
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-07)
Welcome to YGS Intrigued22213. I'm curious. Did either of you think to look out the window? Could it have been an actual living, breathing person banging on it?

Don't know if I'd want to look either way. Just the thought of looking out a window late at night and seeing a face staring back doesn't sit well with me... At all! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: