You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mommy

Real Ghost Stories

Mommy

 

Just for some background info, I'm only 22, I have no children and I have no younger siblings that live with me. It used to be just me and my mum who lived together while I save up some money to find my own place and move out. My fiance has also just moved in with us but at the time this story took place, he was living elsewhere until he finished his job and moved up here to be with me.

So as I said, this story takes place a little before my fiance moved in. I was lying in bed alone one night (in the pitch black) facing the wall as I usually do most nights away from the rest of my bedroom; as well as away from the bedroom door behind me. I was sort of in that state between being half asleep and half awake when I suddenly started to hear my bedroom door begin to open and brush against the carpet. I didn't really think anything of it, though I have no idea why I didn't react as my bedroom door doesn't swing open on its own as it really needs to be pushed with a bit of force to open/close.

A little while after my door opened I started to hear small footsteps entering my bedroom slowly, sort of dragging and shuffling against the carpet as if whoever or whatever it was, was wearing slippers. I lay and listened as the footsteps seemed to get closer and closer to my bed, which is not very far away from the door because my bedroom is quite small and weirdly shaped. The footsteps eventually stopped, right at the side of my bed - nearer to my head than my feet. I sort of froze and didn't know what to do or what to expect next when the bed felt as if someone small and young had leant against it; making me roll backwards slightly and then to my absolute horror I felt a small hand reach out and tap me on the small of my back three times and a child's voice say "Mommy?".

I have never leapt out of bed so quick in my entire life. No one was there when I turned around or when I turned on the light but I ended up sleeping downstairs with the TV and lights on and was reluctant to even go back into my bedroom.

There are numerous incidents where I have heard children laughing and giggling near my mother's bedroom door, and when I was a child me and my best friend even heard a small baby crying out of nowhere while we were playing Sims quietly on the computer with the sound turned down very low.

Other hauntings by lilpeachyghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lilpeachyghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lilpeachyghost (12 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-26)
Hey everyone, thank you for replying it really means a lot! First and foremost, the house is a terraced house and it's over 100 years old so it's a strong possibility a child or children have passed in this house over the years and they either visit occasionally or they are sadly stuck here. I honestly don't plan on ever trying to contact them or anything else that may be in this house, I don't want to open that door so to speak. I'll just observe quietly from a distance lol

Secondly, I'm sure it's only two small children as I've never heard any more children's voices other than the giggles.

I have however heard my name being called in my mother's voice, except she'd either be fast asleep or not even in the house at the time. I once heard her yell so loud I thought there was something truly wrong and that she'd hurt herself but she said she hadn't even opened her mouth and was sat quietly reading her book when I rushed to find her.

My fiance now lives with us but while my mum was away in hospital last year we both saw what looked like a woman's old fashioned heavy dress swishing past and around the foot of my mum's bed towards the other side of the room near the window. I can't explain this one as we both saw it on separate occasions and I didn't say anything about my experience until he told me about his and we both described the exact same thing. Weird huh?
2nd1st (1 stories) (118 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-23)
lilpeachy, I can't claim any expertise here, but from what I can tell it appears that you are describing multiple child ghosts. Again, I'm no expert, but I would think that the chances of multiple children being happy drawn to one domicile posthumously would seem remote, at least on balance of probabilities.

Therefore, I would suggest caution. Up to you, but if you have any inclination towards trying to make contact I would suggest seeking expert advice. Preferably from many experts- as most people who class themselves as experts in this field probably aren't.

I admit that I do have a positional bias here in that my own approach to likely supernatural events is pretty much *away* *shun* *sod off* *scaring the crap out of me* *where are Bill Murray and dan ackroyd when you need them* *leave me alone* type of mentality.

Just be careful bud, multiple child ghosts in one place does not sound like a hugs and puppies situation
ulvenNixie (13 stories) (39 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-20)
I think it's interesting that this happened while you were in the process of transitioning into a new lifestyle. From what you said, it sounds like the ghost (s) have related to your own mother as a sort of mommy figure, but now that you're older, they decided to look to you.

I have had false-child spirits around me before though. I wouldn't open up to them too much, just in case. That is a lot of activity for a child ghost. ^.^ Just be safe, okay?
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-19)
I'm with Bibliothecarius on this one, suggestiong that there might be a sad background to the house you are living in. It might have been part of a workhouse, once.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-18)
Greetings, Lilpeachy;

Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story with us.

I apologize if this is too strange a question, or one that taxes your memory unduly. Over the years you lived there, roughly how many different children's voices would you guess you have heard? If the answer is 2 or 3, then I'm in complete agreement with Tweed & Randy, and I'd agree with doomisforu's research through town records, but I'm going to disagree with the idea of initiating communication with them. If the number of different voices (pitch, tone, accent, rhythm, gender) is higher than 3, I'd recommend doing the research a.s.a.p.

Is your mother's home a free-standing structure (detached, semi-detached house), or are you living in a flat conversion in an older building? (From the brief description of your room, I'm imagining the latter, such as a factory or a tithe-barn converted into living spaces.) The children whose voices you hear, depending upon the answer, may be very happy where they are; if you're living in a converted factory, they would linger because they were not permitted to leave in life. (Warning: sad/disturbing idea ahead) old rag-wrappings for shoes on orphans' feet would sound like slippers on a carpeted floor. I do hope, along with the other commenters thus far, that they are happy because they were happy in life, and not merely having fun because no-one is making them work.

Please let us know what you find out.
-Blblio.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-18)
Hi Lilpeachy,

I agree with both Doom and RANDY (by the way Randy, the caps in your name always makes me laugh! 😆)

You mentioned hearing children around your mother's room while you were younger. I wonder if these children sought comfort from your Mum and that's why you heard them around her room. Then, as you got older, they, or at least one of them, found you a suitable mother figure and came to you in the middle of the night. (eek!)

I had a similar experience with a child ghost about ten years ago and had round about the same reaction.
Because you'd heard children laughing years before, I'm inclined to agree with RANDY, that these ghosties loved being in your home. Which is nice, but I would've hit the roof too!
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-16)
lilpeachyghost

Welcome to YGS
That sounds like a scary encounter indeed. I think most enyone would jump right to the ceiling. LOL 😲

Could be a child who was very happy there when they were alive.
Many times spirits return to places that made them happy when they were on our side of life.
On another note, that state you were in between being alert and asleep is one of the very best times to sense a spirit. You mind is in a relaxed state yet you have enough of your faculties to catch what happens.

Thank you for sharing
Randy
doomisforu (9 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-16)
That sounds like a child or children died in your house or around it. From what you state it sounds harmless. They are probably just loney and looking for their mom. You could look online about your house or area for childrens deaths or look up the history of your home or land.

You could also try to talk to them, but becareful because you might contact something else.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: