You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Unseen Amusement

Real Ghost Stories

Unseen Amusement

 

This story is still one of the ones that baffles me. I've been unable to explain it and this isn't the only time this has happened.

One morning, about a year ago (2015m I don't remember the exact date), I woke late as I am prone to do around 10:30am. Naturally, after going about my morning routine, I entered into the kitchen with my phone and decided to play some music while unstacking the dishwasher.

Now, I have a love of song and dance where I happen to not only sing along to the music playing from my phone but also dance to it as well when doing house chores especially while unstacking the dishwasher. Trust me, I've tried unstacking the dishwasher in silence. I can never do it. I have to have music.

Anyway, while I was unstacking the dishwasher, one of the songs I was listening to (I don't remember which one) is one I liked to go silly to and began to head bang and jump up and down to going dance crazy for the hell of it. But what happened next still freaks me out when I think about it.

All of the sudden, the unmistakable sound of amused laughter filled the room. Now, at this point I will tell you, no one was home at the time, they were at work (my mum and step-dad) and school (my brother) respectively. And no, the television was not on nor was the laughter coming from the music on my phone.

We have an open plan living-dining-kitchen area where the dining table basically sits right beside the pantry cupboard. When I heard the laughter, I turned down the music and looked in the direction of the dining room table because that was where the sound had come from. It was definitely a single, deep, male, disembodied voice. And it was then I noticed the room got slighter colder. I was freaked out because of what happened and stopped dancing altogether. I just stared at the spot where I was sure the laughter had come from. One of the chairs one the other side of the table, closest to the wall, was not pushed in and that was how we had left it the night before. But it sounded like the laughter had come from that specific chair.

Another note of interest, we used to have neighbours who lived next door (they moved) who had kids and sometimes we can hear them through the walls. There was just one problem when I thought it was them, they were all out that day too. No one was home in both houses (you can hear the kids in the morning going off to kinder or whatever and their mum and dad to work).

Not sure what to do or say, a little disturbed and kind of freaked out, I grabbed my headphones which were in my pants pocket and decided to use them instead. Nothing else happened the rest of that day.

The laughter I had heard should not have been possible to hear. But for some reason, I still can't explain, someone or something had laughed in clear amusement when I was dancing. Not that it's not flattering that I can amuse someone on the Other Side, it still kind of weirds me out from time to time, trying to figure out who exactly was laughing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scottishrose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-05)
I remember around the yeah 2008; I had an experience with someone calling my name directly into my ear. I was in the kitchen looking through the refrigerator. Freaked me out! I know that feeling of hearing things that aren't there! Keep rocking out don't let them scare you, maybe they will help you with your choirs.
scottishrose (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
PunkysMama,

Yes I have contemplated communicating with whoever or whatever it is. I've been having that debate for awhile. I want to know too but I'm also wondering if giving them attention is a good idea. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. I'll let you know if I decide to communicate and if I get a response. Haha thanks. 😊
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Scottishrose,

How peculiar! You ever think of trying to communicate? Ask who is there? I'm always nervous about giving them attention but then a big part of me would want to know what I am dealing with! Well, Happy dancing! 😁
scottishrose (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Hello PunkysMama,

Yeah I dance without a care in the world and like an idiot. I wanted to freak out when I heard the laughter but decided there was no point and it seemed better to keep my cool. It's actually happened again about a month ago or so. I just stopped, for like a moment or two before I continued dancing. I guess I'm just that entertaining. 😆
PunkysMama (4 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
Hello Scottishrose,

This is interesting. Your dancing must be very amusing. 😆 These are some of the stranger occurrences I feel among sightings of the paranormal sort. Voices coming from seemingly nowhere or no one. 😨 Kudos to you for the most part keeping your cool! Just know next time that you might have an audience! 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: