You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Tremble

Real Ghost Stories

Tremble

 

I didn't really believe in ghosts until I saw the show "Ghost Adventures". It's weird because I've never seen a single spirit and I'm a "see-it-to-believe-it" kind of gal. In fact, growing up, I went to church every week, but still never found my faith in God. But ghosts, I believe in, even if it's just an inkling.

My best friend told me about the spirits she sees at home whom she's grown accustomed to. I know that she isn't crazy because when she had one of her friends over for a sleepover, that friend had also seen the spirit.

I've never had an actual experience with a ghost. I don't hear a lot of things, but I did once (less than a week ago, actually) see this blinking orb on the front door. It wasn't a reflection of anything, just a steady, blinking, red light. It reminded me of the smoke alarm when you see the light blinking, only at a slower pace. I was talking to my mom at the time and she was facing me and by the time I pointed it out to her, the light had disappeared.

That's not my story though. It's just the only other experience I've had besides this one: at night, I don't usually go to sleep immediately. I'm still laying down and I'm on my side so I can set my laptop on the nightstand and watch TV that way. This has happened several nights now, but not consecutively--the entire mattress vibrates. The first time I noticed it, I looked it up to see if I could find a logical explanation. Besides demons, theories included the bed springs, hallucinations, even an elevated heart rate.

I didn't understand how bed springs would've explained the constant vibrations which would last about five minutes (and sometimes the dog would sleep on the bed and he wouldn't react at all, and I always made sure that he wasn't scratching himself, because that's how the bed-shaking felt). I've never had any reason to hallucinate since I don't do drugs, I don't have a mental illness (that I know of), and I don't have brain damage. I also highly doubt it's my heart rate because it was still lower than how fast the bed was vibrating.

I even tweeted the guys on "Ghost Adventures" about it, but you know celebrities. You get lucky if they respond. So far, I'm convinced it was a demon and ever since I saw the scene from "Insidious" where the psychic describes how the demon is hanging out near the ceiling fan in the darkness (I also have a ceiling fan above the bed), I sleep with a lamp on.

I'm still not completely sure if ghosts exist because I've never seen one (although I'm fascinated by real-life stories and when they're caught on camera). However, I know what I saw at the front door and I know what I felt in my bed. I just don't really KNOW. I guess that's why they call it "unexplained phenomena".

UPDATE: (I wrote this on another personal ghost story site to see if I'd get answers, but no responses there, so I'm trying here.) The vibrations come and go now. I figure if it was a spirit, it got bored because I ignored it. I've started sleeping in the dark again, so that's good. At this point, I just want to know what could be causing my bed to shake since it happens so often. Most of the time, it happens around midnight and while I am wide awake (so it's not some out-of-body experience). I'm just laying on my side, watching Netflix and the bed just starts shaking. Not violently like "GET OUT!" It just feels like someone wants to get my attention.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, icantwait48, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PurplePanda (18 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-20)
I experience bed shaking, too. However, I figured out it's not supernatural, its the furnace in the basement. 😆
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Oh my, a GA fan?
That's what I thought when I read your story, as I read along the comments, yes, animals do react when paranormal stuff is there, but your case, don't worry, if it was something bad your fury friend will let you know. Think over again and try not to be too emotional. Do not self-judge by explaining it with "demons" yet.

Just like some other comments here, you can be a fan of GA, but NEVER trust everything there, never be a believer on Zack's explanations; there are too many personal judges and prejudice. They look scientific but obviously they are relying on their "gadgets" too much. OK, enough of that before you start to hate me lol.

I personally watched a few episode from season 1 a lot, it WAS very real for me, but after listening to my friends and doing some researches, it's obvious, well, I will let you judge.

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Depending on where this happened in California, it could very well be fracking operations going on. We'd like nothing better than to stop ALL the fracking but they are known to cause seismic activity and since this seemed to be happening at a consistent time, that could be the case.

I'm with the others on the rest of it. You're jumping way too fast on the "demon" train and Ghost Adventures is mostly bunk... Imho.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Hi Icantwait,

I agree with Randy. Please keep an open mind that the bed was not paranormal.

On the paranormal possibility side of things, you mentioned the mattress feels like your dog scratching, even when your dog isn't. Have you lost a pet dog/cat? I grew up feeling 'ghost' pets on the bed every now and then. There's plenty others who've experienced this too. If it's a ghost, and it feels like an animal scratching, it probably is.

Demons? Nah, screw that. Your dog isn't fussed, neither should you be.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Hello Icanwait48
Welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing your story with us.

1st suggestion
Don't pay ANY attention to what you see on "Ghost Adventures"
That is Hollywood paranormal that tries to get thrills and chills
For the audience. It is NOT real paranormal.

AS for your experiences.
You should ALWAYS look for the natural explanation of what is going on. Most times there is a very logical reason something happens and we misinterpret it. Just like UFO hunters. Almost
90 percent of UFO sightings have a natural reason.
Please don't take this the wrong way but many times our desire to have something paranormal happen can influence our judgement.
All I am saying is don't be to fast to jump to a paranormal conclusion. Like you mentioned, you didn't believe in ghost until you saw an episode of Ghost Adventures. An episode of that show should not be enough to make a person believe in ghost.
Try and rule everything else out. Everything. Keep a journal of what happens, when it happens, what the conditions are.
Keep us informed of what happens and I'm sure everyone on here will do their very best to help you come up with the true reasons things are happening.
One last thing. Please don't jump to the demon conclusion.
True demonic activity is so rare you would be shocked.
Stay away from Hollywood as a source of information. It is misinformation at best.

Keep us informed and cheers to you
Randy
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
icantwait, I also think we can rule out earthquakes, just a gut feeling, but I had an experience once, involving the most frightening text I ever received. I have a friend who works in a certain office which I shall not name, suffice it to say it is an office of national importance. I was at work, in Ohio, and did not feel the earthquake which happened in Virgina, but my roommate, who worked in a building two blocks over did feel it. My friend merely texted: we evacuated, but I'm ok. Scared the bejesus outta me!

It is the perceived duration of these vibrations that make me think it is something that 'lasts.' A truck on a highway, as Lady Glow suggests, might make the bed shake for a few seconds, but from your description, I think it lasts for minutes, at least, hence my thought of a train.

Might want to look up your address in Google Earth and turn on the 'railroad' layer to see where the tracks are.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
In these times we are living, I would be afraid of some neighbor building a smuggling tunnel close to your place. 😨
Sorry, sometimes I can't help to be a goof!

I would check if there is any construction going on nearby, or perhaps a road with heavy trucks?

Keep us posted if you find out what is causing this vibration.

Thanks for sharing.
icantwait48 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
Thanks for sharing your suggestions! It definitely wasn't an earthquake because nobody else in the house feels it. I've also encountered two earthquakes: one overnight here in California (so I was already in bed) and then one during the afternoon in Michigan where I went to college.

I'm not quite sure where the nearest train tracks are however the farthest I've driven is probably a five-mile radius of the house, if that helps.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
Hi. Thanks for sharing your story.

As one who lives in a seismically active state, New York is apparently still rebounding after the last ice age, your story reminds me of the first earthquake I experienced. It started out as my bed vibrating, and then moving across the floor, propelled by the shock waves. Needless to say, having not lived through such a thing before, I was quite scared.

Seeing you're from California, my first thought was a very minor earthquake, probably not even a 1 on the Richter scale. An alternate possibility would be a train going by. And you can be further from the tracks than you think yet still experience this shaking.

Still, something did find the harmonic frequency of your bed and shake it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: