You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Hiccups

Real Ghost Stories

Hiccups

 

When I was about 9 years of age my mom would take care of two little girls of around the age of 4 and the other about the age of 8. My mom was not working at the time that's why she was babysitting these little girls and many other kids.

One day when I got back from school, the 4 year old always had this cloth doll with her and she would always leave it on my bed as soon as her mom dropped her off in the morning. They were eating lunch when I arrived from school and I went straight into my room to leave my backpack and change clothes. When I was walking down the hallway to the room all the way in the back that meets at the end of the hallway joint with the bathroom, I hear a little noise. I didn't pay much attention to it so I kept walking.

When I got to the door of my room (the door was halfway open) I pushed the door and saw that doll on my bed looking towards the door making a weird sideways mouth face and hiccuping. Eyes wide open, I screamed and ran back to where the kids were eating. My mom asked me what was wrong and I told her the doll was hiccuping but of course she did not believe me. She said I was crazy or tired from school. I know what I heard and saw.

When the mothers of the girls came to pick them up, I told the 4 year old's mom not to let her bring that doll to my house anymore and she asked me why and I told her the incident that happened with it. She looked at me and just smiled and grabbed her daughter and went on to talking to my mom. I'm sure she just smiled because she knows something about that doll.

What do you guys think about this?

Other hauntings by Sanchez_92

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sanchez_92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-31)
GinaFowler

Now that I think of it I'm not sure. It sounded like a rapid type of hiccups. It could have been crying as well but I was out of there too fast to see any emotional tears on the dolls face. All I was able to catch a glimpse of was the mouth moving in a weird way.
GinaFowler (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
Truly loved reading this, Sanchez! Are you sure it was hiccupping? Could she have actually been crying instead? You know if you cry so hard you'll get the little skips in your breath and make a 'jagged' sound. It's possible that the 4-year old had experiences with the doll as well and maybe had mentioned them to Mom. Her smile might have meant that she had heard something similar from her own daughter but had simply dismissed it as the wild imagination of a four year old... And then a nine year old.
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
CoolGhost2016

More than likely, but why not tell my mom about it at least you know... Still creeps me out.

Thank you for reading my creepy and strange experiences.

Have a wonderful day

Sanchez_92
CoolGhost2016 (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
Cool and creepie story. 😲 Thx for sharing. Maybe the woman was trying to scare you and knew a spirit lived in the doll.
C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-18)
I was one of those girls who never liked dolls, though I received two from family members. In fact, dolls have always given me a creepy feeling, and I knew two women who absolutely loved their doll collections. Fortunately the two dolls I had never did anything weird that I can remember. Loved your story and hope I never see anything like that!
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Lady-Glow

I have seen her but her mom is always with her... I don't even talk to her anymore but it would be great of her to explain to me if she knows why her doll did that.
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Roylynx

I have seen the little girl but since I'm much older now I don't think she even recognizes me anymore.
It was a scary experience since I was just a kid. Oh my! A doll growing hair? That just gave me the chills just thinking about it!
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
ParanormalGirl1122 I'm not sure but now that I'm older and I think of it, her mom pops up in my head and how she ignored me about me asking about her daughters doll...
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
Hi there, I was hoping you were going to tell us what that was but it ended up you asking us.
Let's see, hiccups from a non-living thing? Like lady-glow was asking, did you meet the little girl and her doll again?
I have heard stories about dolls breathing at the middle of the night, which froze my spin literally. It is said that little dolls will attract spirits, especially young spirits. Some dolls even grow long hair! Gee I am scaring myself telling you all these.

I hope to hear from you!

E.Lynx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
Welcome to YGS.

Perhaps there was a June beetle hiding inside the stuffing of the doll? 😐
Did the girl take her doll to your house again? If so, did you hear her hiccuping again?
Do you think it possible for something else to be making the hiccuping noise and you, being a kid, just imagine it was coming from the doll?
Do you still keep in touch with that (then) little girl? It would be interesting to ask if she ever heard her doll having a hiccups attack or doing another unexplained thing.

Thanks for sharing.
ParanormalGirl1122 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-27)
Maybe she left the doll at your home because she knew there was a soul in that doll possible...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: