You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Being In My Closets

Real Ghost Stories

The Being In My Closets

 

When I was 9, my parents divorced, and my mom bought a house across town. I don't remember much about the house at that age (it was almost 11 years ago), and I spent most of my time outside.

When I turned 12 or 13, I don't remember specifically, I started feeling very strange in my bedroom. It was almost like I was in a separate building from the house. I'd hear strange sounds from each corner of the room. I brushed it off as paranoia for a while, but after about a year, I started noticing even more strange things.

I always felt like something was following me. I'd always look over my shoulder. It didn't matter where I was whether it be in the house or in Walmart. When I was in the house, everything felt very dark. I'd hear strange sounds going down the hallway and in the kitchen. There would be times the pantry door would fly open, and cans would fall to the ground. I tried to let my family know, but they'd just laugh it off.

Every time I was in my bedroom, I would get this strange feeling again. After a couple of years I called it the isolation room. But that didn't hold true when I turned 16. My bedroom door opened one night, and I had this sick feeling that something dark and evil came in and made its home in my closet.

My closet was one of those small closets that had the folding doors. So when they'd fly open and shut again, it wasn't a draft. My bed faced my closet, and at night I'd see a strange figure in the back corner of my closet. I'd start having dreams about a hellish figure emerging from my closet and trying to grab me. When I'd wake up, my closet doors would be open when I knew I had shut them.

I remember nights sitting in my room with my headphones in listening to music. My light would randomly shut off. My light switch wouldn't move, and the bulb wouldn't be blown. I'd get a strange feeling that something was at the end of my bed. It's like I could see it in my head. It had a sickening smile, and I'd feel nauseous and have to run from my room.

When I turned 19, I moved in with my boyfriend. I felt free for the first time in years. That was until a few months into living together. His closet was like my old one. And one night I was trying to sleep (alone, he worked nights) when the closet doors slammed open. I sat up and heard something whisper "Do you believe in the devil?" And after a few moments of silence, it whispered "You should!" All of the lights came on, and at the end of my bed stood the hellish figure with the sickening smile. I screamed, shut my eyes, and kept screaming until my boyfriend came home (it was only 5 or 10 minutes since it was really late). He told me the front, back, and garage doors were open and every light was on.

I'm now almost 20, we live in an apartment now, and just a few nights ago my closet door opened by itself. I'm terrified, and we have thought about calling in investigators. Something is following me and living in my closet.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maryr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-17)
Wow so freaky! I hope you get rid of this thing and find peace again. Thank you for sharing your story 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Maryr,

Thank you for the update. The Ouija Board, unused, I do not believe is or has been a factor in this.

The lamp... Was it purchased before the 'thing' moved into your closet? If so it may have been/or is attached to it.

You say the poltergeist activity continued up until very recently...odd. From what you originally shared it seemed that it was 'tied' to you via the changes happening to your body during puberty...unless...Let me ask you a question do you know of anyone in your Family that has experienced 'objects moving around them'? It may have skipped a generation. Another question is, sense puberty ended do objects seems to 'move' when you are around and experiencing strong emotions? I still think the 'Poltergeist activity is unrelated to the 'closet monster' but more information is good information.

Respectfully,

Rook
Maryr (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Rook,

Thank you for your benefit of the doubt. I really appreciate the advice, and I've been following it religiously. It's also relieving to know it's not a demon.

When I was 16, I bought an antique lamp and stored it in our home. I didn't want to leave it out as decoration since I have a niece and nephew who likes to knock things over. Around that time I suffered a miscarriage, and I had a lot of dark thoughts.

I never dealt with a ouija board. I do own one that was given to me as a present. I never used it. I figured I'd leave that to people who knew what they were doing.

I still experience strange dreams and sleep paralysis, but all of the crazy poltergeist type things have stopped since I started cleansing.

Thank you,
Maryr
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Maryr,
Welcome to Y.G.S.
Listen to Rook he has the best knowledge in my opinion on all things to do with ghostly and demonic. Many people have used his cleansing/shielding method and are very happy with the results. Keep us up to date.
Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
(Taking a deep breath... Giving the O/P the benefit of doubt...and...)

Welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing. If a spirit has actually attached itself to you and is actually using your closet as a place to manifest the odds are (my opinion here) based on your description it is NOT the Devil nor even a demon.

Let me explain why... Demonic Hauntings, again this is my opinion, are based on the fact that the 'demon' wants to possess a human body... They will attach themselves to an individual, possibly one already weakened from drug or alcohol abuse or suffering from depression and then manipulate the situation around them so that the 'human' becomes so weakened, so lacking the willpower to fight that they are able to take over. This tends to happen over time.

A spirit or entity that goes for the 'big production' causing sudden intense bouts of fear feeds off of that type of energy... They do not have the strength to carry out a slow, nerve grinding, willpower wearing down haunting onslaught that a true 'demon' would use.

So, if this 'experience' is actually happening to you there are some things you need to think about, and there are some things you can do to protect yourself as well...

First: when you were 12-13 years old and objects were moving around you... This may have been Poltergeist activity and completely unrelated to what's happening now. From what you have shared my guess would be this was telekinetic outbursts from you as you went through puberty.

Second: When you turned 16... Did you receive any gifts and/or buy yourself something to decorate your room with? This would have been just before the door opening and you "had this sick feeling that something dark and evil came in and made its home in my closet." If not a gift or purchased item did you happen to participate in a séance or sit in on a Ouija Board session?

Third: Ways to protect yourself. Salt, Sage and Dragons Blood or Rosemary incense may be a good start. There is a complete Cleansing and Shielding method posted on my profile that many, including myself have used to great effect. Or you can do some research and find a method that's comfortable for you to use (on-line is not a bad place but a Meta-Physical store is better).

So that's my advice... Please keep us updated, I'll be here on the fence.

Respectfully,

Rook
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Hey dear its really terrifying, pray to God everyday keep atleast a photo of God with you in your purse and below pillow. At the same time before sleeping always pray to God. And yes you are definitely doing good job by calling investigators. Do keep us updated to know what has happened.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: