You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Drips, Steps, And Hold On

Real Ghost Stories

Drips, Steps, And Hold On

 

Where do I begin... I guess it all started at the age of 5ish with me chasing an invisible entity out of my house. I heard something in the other room and I figured I'd surprise it. In a moment, I jumped out of bed and took off toward the sounds I heard. I saw the front door open by itself and slam shut with me a half second behind, running and trying to see whatever that thing was that ran out of the house.

Dogs were barking from all directions around me as I was running around the house trying to find the invisible thing. I found that really weird, what sounded like dozens of dogs barking in an area I never knew to have dogs! We lived on an acreage with neighbors not close to our property. What was it that dogs could see that I couldn't?

Why I didn't stop after seeing the door open by itself is something I never asked myself. I knew whatever it was was leaving, and I wanted a look. I'm trying to explain it the best that I can, but keep in mind it was 30 years ago and it all happened crazy fast.

Next experiences had to do with the devil tormenting me in the dark, while trying to fall asleep. Revealing himself to me in the manner he wanted me to see him, and evil reoccurring dreams. This continued from about age 8ish until about 16 years of age.

At the age of 24ish, I bought a house that I knew sat on a property that had a house on it that was torn down a few years prior. Before moving in, my one friend would tell me that the house that used to be on the lot was haunted, and he remembered running past the house when he was a child because it terrified him. I guess the upstairs curtains would move on their own and would be in a different position every day, even though the house was condemned and completely vacant.

I also remember him telling me that the previous owner hung himself in the upstairs room, and obviously died in the house. Same room with the moving curtains which was in the same area as my bedroom. Well, I moved in anyways.

To make this story a bit shorter, I'll tell you what happened in fast forward. Shortly after moving in, my roommate would occasionally tell me about footsteps he would chase around the house with no one to claim them.

Water drip sounds coming from places around my bedroom area, which I never found and constantly looked for. Those darn dripping sounds drove me nuts, but it only happened at evening time after supper, and the middle of the night. Nothing was ever wet anywhere upstairs or downstairs in the house. The next part was the most troubling!

Then I started waking up in the middle of the night, usually around 3ish with my bed shaking violently. Sometimes it would happen 2 times a night. And trust me they weren't seizures, cause you don't wake up in the middle of one do you? And feeling fine... Beside being really freaked out. It was no seizure to those who may think that it was.

After months of on and off bed shaking at 3 a.m I had enough! I started sleeping with my bible under my pillow, which slowed it down big time, but it still continued at times. I got to the point where I got up out of bed, bound the demons in Jesus's name and proceeded casting them out. I started to declare God's promises out loud at the top of my voice, where it would wake up everyone in the house. I sure must of sounded like a complete nut, but it worked.

God understands what I was going through and that's what matters most. I needed to rebuke, bind, and cast out a few times before it stopped totally. I remember, partially into owning this house, that my bed would shake when I would be away from home, telling me that this or these crazy demons were following me around, which ticked me off! At around that point I started saying enough is enough. In a nutshell that's what happened.

In ending, shortly after getting saved at the age of 21, I started to realize the devil had no hold on me anymore, and there was no point in living in fear to these entities. Through the power God gave me, through his son Jesus Christ, I no longer live in fear. I can throw my weight around like someone who is apart of God's own family. His word is power and truth, and if you are being bothered by those pesky demons, reclaim back what is yours from that devil. Stand on God's promises.

To this day I still sleep with a giant red cross under my bed for a little preventable maintenance. Remember that perfect love casts out all fear. Deal with hauntings the way you want, but keep in mind that I got rid of mine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, canadatradesman88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

canadatradesman88 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-24)
Hey there! It's really neat to read everyone's comments, the negative and positive, thanks. I just want to say that everything I wrote is true, and there was no fudging in any way in any part.
I believe I did what I did through my own relationship with Christ. You can choose to believe it or not, that is up to you. Free will is a beautiful thing. If one has faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move mountains. Faith in what? CHRIST. Take care!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-18)
Biblio, what happens when religious door knockers come a-knockin' on your door? 😆

Tradesman, thanks for getting back to me. I hope you don't mind me asking yet another question. You said:
"The bible talks about whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
What does that mean?😕 I hope this doesn't sound like I'm picking apart your comment, really I'm not, just very curious as someone who's never read the bible. That, and the topic of 'binding' always gets me wondering about morals, ethics and the like.
Thanks!😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-17)
By the way, "the only people and religion performing exorcisms" is not based in facts. Every religion contains rituals for the removal of unclean spirits.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-17)
Greetings, Tradesman.

I appreciate your fervent advocacy for the strength your faith has provided for you and for your family. By your own admission, "I know i'm sounding like a preacher man" and this is a touch problematic. This is an international forum to which anyone and everyone may contribute. You used Christian prayer as dictated by your beliefs in your story, so they ABSOLUTELY should be included in the description of events.

That said, I'm going to give you a friendly suggestion that you take a look at the policy for posting responses on this website BEFORE the Moderators (or any other members, for that matter) intervene.

Postings advocating the benefits of one religious practice (in this case, Christianity) over another are inconsiderate of the faiths and beliefs of Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Witches, Wiccans, Neo-Druids, Baha'i, Deists, Agnostics, Atheists, et cetera. Telling people whose families have been steeped in their own beliefs that they need to "turn yourself over to the love of Jesus, and start living out your life excepting" (I think you mean "accepting" as in receiving, not "excepting" meaning "everything except") "God's love," is telling them that their entire way of life is wrong, and they need to be just like you. How do you feel, for example, when the Latter Day Saints knock on your door to tell you that you've missed an entire section of the Bible that was preached in the Americas? When Catholics quote books of the Bible which Protestants decided were apocryphal? When Jews are surprised that Christians include another 39 books** along with the 5 books of the Bible and claim that they're all to be treated equally***, even though Christians can't even translate the 10 Commandments properly? ("Thou shalt not steal" in Exodus 20:15 is a mistranslation of "Thou shalt not kidnap" which indicates that the taking of another person by force then holding that person to ransom is a capital offense.)

The dismissal of other human beings' ideologies with the warning "Don't be fooled!" before touting a different ideology is a good way to offend people who would otherwise be more willing to discuss your multiple attempts, and your eventual success, in the prayerful exorcism of one unclean spirit. Remind me again, what was it that Yeshua* said about faith and mustard seeds? 😉

-Biblio.

*Greeks changed him into "Jesus" in translations of the Aramaic texts, because neither Hebrew nor Latin has a "j." Jesus, the Jew who preached in Jerusalem, was Yeshua, the Hebrew (originally an Egyptian word for "manual laborer" or "migrant worker") in Yerushalayim.

**The Laws (Halakhah), the Prophets (Navi'im), et cetera.

***Why is Ecclesiastes included in Christian Bibles, but Ecclesiasticus is not? Why is the Book of Enoch never included? Why have most Christians never even heard of the Book of the Yasher? (It's usually referred to as merely "Jasher" by the few who've read it.)
canadatradesman88 (1 stories) (3 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-07-17)
Hey everyone this is tradesman88.
The bible talks about whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loosed on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
God through Jesus Christ, the way the truth the life, has given his saints, his people who are born again, washed in the redeeming blood of Christ, the power over the devil and his demonic army.
Roman Catholics for the longest time were the only people and religion performing exorcisms, and I am telling you it isn't exclusive to just Catholicism, not by a long shot!
The way Jesus did it is the way we can do it. The same authority Jesus had/has, is the same authority his church can have. This is done by the works of the holy spirit through faith in Jesus Christ through the process of being born again. The cross and the resurrection is total freedom.
I know i'm sounding like a preacher man preaching, by it kind of has to sound this way to explain how and why. I'm just an ordinary man who knows and loves Jesus, that's all. The bible has all the answers you need for every aspect of your life.
So if your looking for an answer to one of life's hard questions, don't look to some self help book, or to some curious people with cameras claiming they can help, or by incense, herbs, potions or spells. Those kinds of actions could actually turn your situation much worse, than do any kind of good. How do I know this you may ask, read the bible and see what it says, it'll surprise you I think.
Don't be fooled! Just turn yourself over to the love of Jesus, and start living out your life excepting God's love, and his promises, and watch him be there for you.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-01)
Thanks Biblio 😊, I read that Mark 5 passage and it pretty much confirmed how I imagined the binding context used by Tradesman. I'm used to hearing words like 'rebuke' used by people of faith. When 'binding' came up, figured there had to be a biblical origin.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Tweed:

As CanadaTradesman hasn't answered your question, I'll just jump in and respond with some background. Modern Christians believe that Satan is the fallen angel Lucifer (St. Jerome's mistranslation of the prophet Isaiah), thus all supernatural actions of malicious or wicked intent fall under his purview; he's not necessarily directly responsible for every evil deed, but his demons provide corrupting influences and temptations to people. While talking with his disciples in Mark 5, Yeshua Ben Yosef (now "Jesus") is confronted with a demon-possessed child. Here's the link to the King James Version on Biblehub.com: http://biblehub.com/kjv/mark/5.htm.

To modern Protestant Christians, then, "binding" takes on the connotation of fettering & imprisoning demonic forces through Jesus' authority over all things, as granted to him by God the Father, and passed on to his followers through his teachings. This binding process holds the demonic spirit in place long enough to kick it out, prevents it from retaliating, and ensures it does not return (Roman Catholics have similar beliefs, but they depend upon the strength of faith and the actions of Priests specially-trained in the rituals of exorcism; I'm uncertain about Coptic, Maronite, Byzantine/Eastern Rite, Greek Orthodox, and Russian Orthodox Practices).

CanadaTradesman does admit that he had to do this a couple of times, so I believe he's given an accurate account, he is devout in his faith, and he is sincere in his efforts to remove evil influences from his home.

Hope that helps.
Biblio.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-28)
Fair dos Tradesman, not the way I would have handled this, but if it works for you, more power to you. 😊

Hope you don't mind my asking in what context 'binding' is/was used by you? I understand this in witchcraft type terms, but I'd not heard 'binding' spoken about in the name of all things holy trinity before. It's peaked my interest.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: