You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Broken Leg Result?

Real Ghost Stories

Broken Leg Result?

 

When I was 8 years old I was staying with this lady in California waiting for my dad to pick me up. A week passed and he couldn't take off from work so I stayed with the lady for a week.

This lady had a son who was a cop but he was never home. He worked night shifts and morning shifts. She bought him a chubby baby doll for his birthday and also dressed the baby doll as a cop to resemble him. He would always place it on his bed and I would always want to play with it but the lady wouldn't allow me too. She also had many more dolls including these 4 beautiful porcelain dolls. She allowed me to play with those dolls.

One night she was making dinner and I was on the couch in the living room playing with the dolls while the TV was on. While playing with the dolls, I accidentally broke off one of the dolls legs and I had the other 3 dolls sitting side by side next to me. I didn't want to tell the lady what I had done but I knew she was going to find out anyways. I placed all the dolls laying down on the couch. I took just the one doll I had broken the leg off of. When I got to her and told her what I had done she said it was okay and that she would glue it back.

I was so relieved until I went back to the couch. I had left the dolls laying down on the couch and when I went back all 3 dolls were sitting up on top of a cushion that belonged to the couch. I got was a bit creeped out so I rushed back to the kitchen and told the lady and she said I probably left them like that. I know for sure I didn't leave them on top of a cushion.

Weird things started to happen like the pillows of the couch being found on the floor and doll shoes next to them. I told the lady the dolls might of been mad because of what I did to the other doll's leg.

Two nights before I left her house, in the morning we placed the dolls in a plastic bag on a chair in the kitchen before we headed out to go to the grocery store to go buy fruits. When we got back from the store we went straight into the kitchen to put the bags away. What we both saw scared the living life out of us (remember we left the dolls in a plastic bag)! When we got to the kitchen we saw the dolls out of the plastic bag and one of them was in-between the bars of the chair and the other two laying down stacked up on each other.

The lady then said it might of been her son who came home early from his morning shift. She went to check his room but his bed was still made with his chubby cop baby doll laying in his bed. Eyes wide open she told me not to play or touch the dolls because something might be wrong with them.

The day I was finally leaving she said she was going to burn the dolls to end whatever was going on with them. Till this day I don't know if she did or not because I lost contact with her.

Any suggestions of what this might of been or why the dolls started acting up?

Other hauntings by Sanchez_92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sanchez_92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-04)
Sanchez_92, Wow! I will be looking forward to read that story then!

Best luck from São Paulo

E.Lynx
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
valkricry

When I was in California at the age of 8, that's when I was coming to the united states for the first time. The lady I stayed with was payed to take care of me while my mom and sister were on their way to the US as well. My dad was living in Virginia at the moment and we were all coming to be with him. He was able to pick me up from California but was not able to take off from work so I had to wait for my mom and then someone else brought us all the way to where my dad was which was VA. After a year of being here is when the second encounter happened but we were living in an apartment with my dad as well. My mom did not have papers so she was babysitting the neighbors kids, since she had no SSN or work permit to be able to work. I'm not sure why those encounters happened to me but the lady I was with said she always knew there was something wrong with the dolls. When she was alone and showering she always heard knocking on her door while she was in the shower but she would always ignore it until I came and she saw what was actually happening.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Sanchez,
What is it with you and dolls? (Sorry if that sounds snarky, I don't mean it that way.) However, you've told us of two encounters with dolls that seemingly do things dolls don't do usually, in two different locals (California and Virginia) happening when you were 8 and 9. Apparently, since the owners of the respective dolls hadn't experienced anything odd, something about you 'activated' them.
In this story your father left you with 'a lady' (not a relative apparently) for a week, in the other you were with your mother. Were your parents separated or divorced at the time? I ask because you may have been suffering from separation anxiety, which may have acted as a trigger.
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
roylynx

I'm doing well thank you.
I will be posting one of my sleep paralyses soon. That one was really scary and it happened no longer than 4-5 months ago.

Hope you are doing well as well.

Much love,
Sanchez_92
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Tweed,

No the dolls were just laying down shoulder to shoulder.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Lady-glow I was thinking something along the lines that the dolls may of been owned by a little girl once. You can never be to sure with old items such as dolls.
roylynx (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
This reminds me of a kind of sorcery from Japan called the Wara Nigyo. It translates as a Straw Doll. People in old days will curse the person by placing their names on a straw doll and will hammer a long spike on the doll. This was said that it will lead the cured ones to a bad situation or even kill them.

Well, reading further more stories about kinds of dolls, it seems that dolls really attract all kinds of spirits, creepy sometimes.

By-the-way, I hope you are good, did anything else happened so far?

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
Lolljo (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Sorry didn't mean to offend... Was after tweeds comment about rude poses I could only think bad things
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Tweed:
Back in Mexico I had these neighbors that were not exactly discreet around their little daughter (about 3 yo) while doing what couples usually do; and the little girl used to undress her dolls and position them in ways that would make all the adults blush! 😆

Sanchez: that was creepy! Perhaps a ghost child wanted to play with the dolls and... With you?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Lolljo - probably the same people who collect dolls and are proud of their son. It was a gift, and I think he understood and appreciated the love behind the gesture.
Lolljo (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Who buys their adult son a doll for his birthday? All kinds of weird!

Lol tweed
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Sanchez,

I just 😆 HAVE to ask:

Were the stacked dolls in a rude pose?

This is the second doll story from you and I haven't a clue.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: