You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Experiences Years After Uncle Passing

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences Years After Uncle Passing

 

I've had a few paranormal experiences but this is a favorite and not scary and would like some insight on what you might think.

My great uncle passed away a few years ago now. He was more like a grandpa to me. I spent all of my summers since I was about 5 with them learning to ride horses and just enjoying the mountains. I stopped riding when I was around 16 because I had surgery on my neck and brain but still would go visit him when I got my car. I just started riding again.

I have only fond memories but there's one that sticks out the most from when he was living. We had packed up the horses to go run some cattle for his buddy and we were in his truck (which I own now) and he turned on the radio, which was a rare thing because we usually just talked.

Fast forward to a little while after his death. He'd come to me in dreams and I can still sometimes smell what he always smelt like (a sweet syrup/molasses and hay scent) when I drive the truck. And more recently the radio has been changing itself even in my work truck and I don't mean like going from 106. 1 fm to 106. 2 fm. I mean from 93. 1 fm to 55 am which is a local radio station that we'd listen to while we were riding or working in the barn.

I've also noticed I feel his presence when I work my horse or am I a riding lesson and when I think of selling my horse and giving up riding again. I have also had dreams about him and my grandma (memaw) (they were brother and sister-in-law's) visiting me I have noticed more frequently and I'd get the urge to call my great aunt.

I'd love to know what all this means. Like I said there have been other experiences I have encountered other than just with my memaw and uncle some which have startled me and that are completely unrelated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mckayla2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

C2C (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
What RandyM said really resonated with me. I never knew most of my grandfathers and grandmothers, and certainly not my great grandparents, but a couple of years ago I visited their graves and got to know them and they me. I sat on the grass and talked to them about their ancestors and my immediate family, admitting it's probably old news to them, but it was thrilling for me to know now these things. It might have seemed silly to anyone watching, but I really felt I was being heard and it gave me a great feeling to connect. It was exciting for me. I firmly believe they guided me to their graves, which I initially had trouble finding as I'd never been before. That feeling of connection has never left me since I visited. It's like there are invisible ties. I think it's nice to know someone thinks about you at all, much less makes an effort to thank them for life, companionship, knowledge or good memories. There's an old saying that we live as long as someone remembers. I really enjoy remembering, even those I have never met!

What you are experiencing seems to be those invisible bonds that can never be broken because the mind remembers. As long as you remember, he still lives. He's just validating that there is no real death--just a change of address. It's a comfort and a gift that should be treasured. Often we are too uptight to be receptive.
Artisanlady (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
I agree with RandyM's comment, my highschool sweetheart who passed in a car accident has contacted me MANY times. He used to wear Jovan Musk cologne which I have also smelled on one occasion! I might add that you don't even have to talk out loud for them to hear you, thoughts are enough. They immediately know and can respond to your thoughts. Just remember to be as kind, loving, and forgiving as you can because they also feel your negative emotions. Enjoyed your contact story:)
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
McKayla,

I have to second RANDYMS thoughts on talking to your uncle. Not only does it make me feel better talking to my grandpa but sometimes I get questions I have answered.

My father in-law is always pranking me by either hiding something or messing with my tablets.

Either way I know they are are watching ovr me and my family. There is however a story about a young man I once knew that I have tried to write no less than a dozen times that I don't think he wants written.
No matter what tablet I use or even my P.C. Will go wonky and I lose the story.

Regards
Red
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-02)
Your uncle being with you definitely sounds a positive presence in your life. The changing of radio stations, his smell all these happenings just suggest that its no one but him.

A beautiful Experience, thanks for Sharing.

Some relations are of that sort that even death cannot alter them.

Regards, 😊
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Hello McKayla and welcome to YGS

The fact that it has been years since his passing really doesn't mean anything to him because time on the other side has no meaning. It is something that we as humans use as reference.
Loved ones coming through in dreams is a way for them to reach us.
Our mind is relaxed and more open to receiving communications from them. The use of smells is also one of the most common ways they use to get our attention. Just so you know, you are not really smelling anything. They are sending out the memory of the smell to you and your brain remembers the smell.
As for what it all means? I would venture a guess that he just wants you to know he is still around you and loves you.
Now for some info for you that may bring you comfort.
Try talking to him. Sometime when your alone and quite simply call his name. Start by using his formal given name. State your name also. After you have done that you can move on to what ever you called him on a more personal level. Tell him whatever you like just like he were still alive. He really is still alive, only his body has died. Let him know you have felt his presence and whatever else you would like to say. Just know that he can hear you, I promise you that.

Let me know how it goes and thank you for sharing your wonderful story.

Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: