You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Nana (grandmother) Having The Last Laugh

Real Ghost Stories

Nana (grandmother) Having The Last Laugh

 

The story I'm going to tell you is about an enjoyable,. Aughing encounter.

The year of it happening was 2012. My Nana was in the final stages of passing over. So me and my mother flew up to Palmerston North (North Island, NZ) to see her final days. She passed away after seeing most of the family.

We organised for her to be in a open casket and have her coffin in her Flat (Council owned home) in the next town over called Feilding. We had her in the lounge and us teens/kids sleep in lounge is-well. So fast forward to Friday night. There was a comedy show on TV, we were all laughing at the jokes when suddenly a ringing noise came from the Kitchen.

Everyone was like "what's that sound" so I went to investigate and found it coming from the cupboard. I opened it and found it to be her cellphone, which it was flat--no battery power at all. So I took the battery out and place it on bench. Few minutes later it went off again so I did the same thing by going there and when I looked at it I remember that there was no battery in it and it was a budget phone so it couldn't go off without power. So I told rest of the family and we all shook it off and said it must been nana telling us off for laughing without her being there.

Next day there were dozens and dozens of monarch butterflies going crazy and we wondering why. Later that day there was an argument so me and my cousin talked and said it must been her warning us about it. Later on few fantails (one of NZ native bird) were chilling around property. Which in culture is a omen of some sort.

Fast forward to the funeral at the end of it the hearse wouldn't go at all. As soon they took coffin out it started so they put the coffin back in and surprise. The same thing happened the hearse stopped. So they got another one to come in and then that one broke down. Finally the third one started. We all talked and said it must been her having the last laugh/joke before her final resting place

So yeah this is one of my favorite encounters.

Other hauntings by sheld999

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sheld999, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-04)
The butterflies were monarch ones. Month was may/june so just before winter
Myst (63 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-04)
Butterflies are frequently used as symbols of transformation.
Diurnal_Lepidopteran (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-03)
I liked the part with the butterflies. It remided me of how a butterfly came and I think landed on some flowers that were to be put on her grave and someone told me it was a sign or something but I don't know what.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-06-30)
Hello Sheld, In india we call our maternal grandfather as 'NANA'. I enjoyed your story quite a bit and it was truly an enjoyable experience.

Regards
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
Hi ashar123 yeah it was quit the enjoyable moment, My nana was known to be cheeky alot.

[at] justmenoname no worries mate
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
I rather enjoyed this:) thank you for sharing. This makes me happy, that there is more to just death. Makes me want to believe in the afterlife.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-29)
I never thought a paranormal experience can be as enjoyable as this one.

A nice story, thanks for sharing. 😊 😊 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: