You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Flat

Real Ghost Stories

My First Flat

 

This happened many years ago when I was 19, and had just moved into my first flat.

It might help to have a little background on me. I am of aboriginal descent, half of my family is tribal (Maiwalli tribe) and believes in the old spirits. I have many stories about what happened when I was wee but I'll talk about those later. I grew up on Australia before going to high school in Japan. I had just graduated from high school and moved back to Cairns, Australia.

Once I had returned to Cairns I had to find somewhere to live, I thought it was going to be difficult because it's so expensive. I was lucky enough however to find a flat in the city centre for $87 a week (everything included) the only downside was that the bathroom was in a separate outside building. No big deal. For $87 I would have showered in my sink. It was an old queenslander that had been segmented into different flats, an old building in the middle city, literally 20 steps to the mall.

My boyfriend, *Mickey (now husband) had moved in with me and we had settled in together nicely. He was a late to bed/late to rise type, I am an early to bed/early to rise, so I would always be in bed before him and a few hours later he would come in.

This particular night was quite cold (for Australian standards) and I had been sat up watching some crappy TV show and decided to head to bed. It took me a while to get to sleep that night as I could not get comfortable, but eventually I fell asleep. I'm not sure how long after but Mickey came to bed. As he came to bed he didn't bother putting the light on and just laid down in bed. He said "goodnight, love you crackle (his nickname for me) ". I wrapped my arms around him and started to drift off sleep again. After about 5 minutes I heard the door creaking. I wasn't scared as it was an old house and lots of things creaked, the door swung open and the light flicked on. I was very confused at this point and looked up to see Mickey standing in the doorway and me by myself in the bed!

I have no idea who I kissed and said goodnight to but it wasn't my boyfriend. I had later found out that the house used to be a brothel so that could be an explanation?

In the whole time I lived there I never once got a bad feeling from it, quite the opposite actually. I had a lot of friends who would come and stay with me, it kind of became a halfway house for friends who were in between jobs or house etc. And each of them could probably tell you something about what happened in the flat. Maybe I'll also share some of the things that happened while I was in Japan as well.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maiawalli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Hello Maiawalli, welcome to YGS. Did you speak to your husband about this experience you had. It might be just as Rook said. I also feel that the place being a brothel would have had nothing to do with your experience. It could have been a vivid dream but still Rook's theory about the "thing" calling you by the nickname, which your husband used to call, points towards OBE.

Please do respond and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
girl25 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-09)
welcome to YGS

Have you talked about this with your husband?
How it felt? That presence how it felt? You were sure that at that time it was your husband and then you were surprised!
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Maiawalli,

Wow! Ok that's truly fascinating!

It having been a brothel way back when did probably have something to do with the man who came to lay next to you.
Maybe he needed comfort from a lady and saw the oppurtunity and grabbed it.

I look forward to reading more of your experiences. 😊

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Hi and welcome to YGS.

By the way house being a brothel earlier may have a certain connection to the incident but that thing calling your nickname point that it can be an OBE as rook said.

Nice story, thanks for sharing! 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Hello and welcome to YGS. Thanks for sharing... Have you ever asked your Husband if he had dozed off BEFORE coming to bed?

The building being a brothel may have NOTHING to do with this, it may have been your husband unconsciously projecting himself (via OOB experience) to where he wanted to be most... In bed with you. The fact that 'whomever' got into bed with you called you by his pet name for you kind of seals that for me.

Just my opinion, again, Thanks for sharing and welcome to YGS.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: