You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Glowing Eyes On Halloween Night

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Eyes On Halloween Night

 

This one isn't super long, and may not be very scary to most, but it stuck with me for a long, long time. So, here goes.

It was Halloween night, I think 2014, once again in my hometown of Richmond, Kentucky. My cousin, his girlfriend, and myself had been riding around, and went out to get some candy to hand out to trick or treaters when they came.

We decided to take a shortcut back to his place, since we kind of got a late start, because we lost track of time. It was around 6:45 pm, and the sun was going down; which didn't help the fact that the road we took, Old Crutcher Pike, is dark, kind of creepy, and very crooked and narrow already.

We turned down the road, turned on the headlights, and headed towards his house which was about 2 miles away. It seemed to get darker the further down the road we got, probably because there weren't very many houses or lights around.

I decided to roll the window down, it was particularly warm for October, around 63 degrees (Kentucky weather is crazy like that...). So now with the window down, I'm paying more attention as we pass by what few houses there are.

We come across a couple of mobile homes, next to one another, one with a carport, and directly across the road was a small, dilapidated shack. Then I saw it, and by the look on my cousin's face and sudden hurry to get off of that road, he did too.

Under the carport, at the back of two cars, as we drove by we saw a man in black slacks, with a white old timey shirt and a black vest, and cane, standing beside a woman, with a white, lace lined dress, and a bonnet, just standing there staring at the shack, with big, glowing eyes that looked like reflectors.

We got about three football fields away, and pulled over. We both looked at each other and said, "Did you see what I saw?" We talked about it, and both agreed we had. So we turned back around, and drove back by, in the opposite direction, and saw nothing when we passed the house. We turned around, left the road and went to his house, and ended up eating way too much candy because the kids had already stopped for the night.

I believe what we saw was real, and I know that he does too, but for anyone who has a "logical" approach, I can't say that it couldn't have been setup. But if it was a fake, just to scare people, then moved or something, it was a very, very good one!

Also worth mentioning, the land my cousin lived on, and all around there was known for being on Indian burial grounds, and really old farmland.

Thanks for reading, any input appreciated, and welcomed! (All my stories don't have something to do with eyes lol just this one and the first one I posted.)

Other hauntings by countryguy91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, countryguy91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Viccchic (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-17)
I enjoyed your story. And I feel you probably did see something not of this world anymore. However, It being on Halloween, makes me doubt, (alittle bit.) But, It being on Halloween. Can also be why you really did see something! Thank you for sharing. 😊
countryguy91 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Thanks for the replies! Honestly, I don't think it was a prank, or a costume. The cars were there both times we passed by. Between seeing what we saw, and turning around and going back by, there was probably only a 45 second gap. I do know some about all hallows eve, i'm 50% irish and have looked into it a little. It does make sense that communication, and presences would happen more often then. Again, I can't say that 100% it wasn't a joke or a hoax, but I can't think of a logical explanation given the circumstances and the total time of the events.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-06)
Well I am from India and completely unaware of the western culture and significance of Halloween but I know this thing that the veil between the two world's is thinner. So I have to agree with other poster's here.

Thanks for Sharing. 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
countryguy91

It is possible that the people you saw that night could have been people from another era. During Halloween the veil is thinner and spirits are free to come to our plain.

Regards
Red
Artisanlady (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Halloween, also called All Hallows Eve is a day dedicated to remembering the dead. Most people focus on the wearing of costumes now, but historically, especially the Irish (since it originated from Celtic tradition) were afraid to even go outside on Halloween because it was supposed to be a day when the "veil" between our world and theirs was the thinnest. It doesn't surprise me when supernatural things happen on a day like that.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
My opinion for this is it doesn't matter when (even if it is not Halloween), those things happen, spirits can travel through time (or remain at their own time).

But since it is Halloween, as the two senhorita said, it could be a person dressing up that way. It's hard to judge from this story.

Love from SĂŁo Paulo

E.Lynx
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Hi Countryguy91:

My first thought is either Halloween decorations, like statues/mannequins dressed up or even real people in costume. People like to play pranks on that day so maybe someone was playing pranks on passers by. I certainly would have gotten my attention.

Or perhaps it's as lady-glow suggests the former residents looking at their home.

Interesting story. Thanks.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-05)
Considering the fact that it was Halloween, it is possible that those folks're heading to or coming back from trick or treating or a dress up party.
Do you remember if the two cars were still parked in the carport the second time you drove by?

Or perhaps you saw a couple of residents from a bygone era that were looking around their familiar surroundings. Have you considered to drive around that place in another Halloween night? Perhaps the date had an important significance to them when still alive.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: