You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: About My Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

About My Grandpa

 

This is first time I am going to write here. Well I live in India sorry I can't specify exact cities but still will give a name in order to understand.

This story almost date backs to 5 years, that time I was in college in second year. It was December and exams were going on. My Grandpa had been ill for many years. He had diabetes as well as liver problem. He had already undergone surgery. My Grandpa was very adamant that time he did not want to take any medications after the operation. He felt that going to hospital is waste of money as his diseases were not getting cured.

In order to make him understand, my mom went there and since my exams were going on I decided to go later, but I was in continuous contact with mom and she told me that it seemed to her that everything is ok as slowly he is able to eat food his digestive problems have been cured. I, of course, got relieved after listening that.

But after few days, something weird happened. I don't know whether it was dream I still could not figure out. It so happened I was sleeping, I saw a hand coming towards my neck as if trying to grab. I was almost choked and then woke up feeling scared and then looked at my watch, it was 12:20 a.m. I stayed awake for some time feeling restless for unknown reason. Anyway I consoled myself saying that after 2 days I will go to my native village and there I will be with everyone and then slept again.

After 2 days when I reached my native village to my utter shock my grandpa had passed away 2 days back at the very time 12:20 a.m. I just could not digest this fact that event and his death at a same time.

After talking to my mom, she told me that she also experienced 1 odd thing. My mom was fast asleep in another room on that day. Just 5 minutes before his death she felt as if someone had pat her shoulder to wake her up. She did not see anyone around, when asked everyone present everyone denied the same. Brushing off as mere incident as she was not feeling sleepy anymore she decided to sit there with her father (my grandpa) and his sisters. When she sat with them just after few minutes he passed away forever. I don't know what to say. I felt sad but weird also because of this experiences.

Other hauntings by PriyankaMenon

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PriyankaMenon, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
I am very sorry for your loss Priyanka, I think he just tried to communicate you! Welcome to YGS.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-17)
Hi PriyankaMenon,
Not a issue. It was nice talking to you.
Please do read my story.
I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Meghna
(maggirockz13)
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-16)
Thank you maggirockz but I am not the that person you are thinking. No I am not from St. Xavier. Anyway thank you glad to know that you also have a friend whose name is same as mine.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-16)
Hi, PriyankaMenon
First welcome to YGS and sharing your experience.
So sorry to hear about your grandpa, Same thing also happened to me when my grandpa died, he visited me the same night and said take care, and after that I got a call from my sister saying that grandpa is no more, I know I was not dreaming.
And I want to ask you something, I also have a friend name priyanka menon, Just tell me, were you in Xavier school?

Regards,
Meghna Roy
(maggirockz13)
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-15)
Sds
You might be true watever you are saying about choking because whenever I had these they actually passed away painfully my brother's wife due to drowning and my cousin due jaundice and cancer. And grandpa because of his health.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
well during those days my exams were going on. And yes I used to keep contact with my mom through phone. For sake of understanding I will give you city names which are not real. My college was in Mumbai while my native hometown is in Valsad.
Whenever I am away from home I usually call my mom once or twice in a day. On that day when my grandpa passed my mom was in utter shock I mean for few days she was like complete senseless. Whole house was in complete chaos. And according to hindu rituals funeral takes place in the morning. And yes as usual I called in the morning that time all people had gathered in the main room. And her phone was in another room she knew it was none other than me but dint want to tell me anything at that moment as my exams were nearing end, only 1 paper was remaining and since I was alone in my room she feared that I will not be able to control myself. She deliberately dint pic the call that time I definitely got worried and called my maternal uncle who was actually present with my mom she requested him not to tell me anything right now and she herself did not have the strength to speak with me, he picked and said that mom has gone for shopping and that I should not take any tension. Hence I did not suspect anything but somewhere I was definitely restless I didn't know why?
And yes grandpa's death came as a shock because he was actually recovering. He had diabetes and kidney stone problems. He had been operated but due to wrong operation complications took place but yes it was cured later. This was the time when he was saying no to the treatments. Mom says that he had a swelling near kidney area due to which nothing was getting digested. Doctors said that swelling should go then only their medicines will act. And just before 2-3 days it almost vanished and his food intake almost came to normal who would suspect that something like that will happen.
For 2 days mom talked to me in such a way that I should not get clue and after finishing exam when I came I was surprised to see my maternal uncles head shaved womens not putting bindis that's when mom could not control anymore and cried like anything then she told what had happened. I ofcourse could not believe at first but then they opened the main door and then I saw grandpa's photo and garland on it. And yes the choking hand experience was not first time I usually get that whenever any dear person is dying at that moment it had already happened twice once for my cousin second for my brother's wife and third grandpa.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Hi PriyankaMenon, well written. I am fascinated by the experience your mother had. Perhaps, just before his demise, your grandpa wanted to say good bye to your mother.

But, your experience, exactly at 0020 hours is quite surprising. Because you sounded as it some hand wanted to choke you. Well, generally the loved ones, don't scare you when they say good bye. It would just be moving. Well, probably, he wanted to say good bye at the last minute of his passing and perhaps it could have been a painful passing on and hence, you would have had such an experience. Just a theory, I might be wrong.

A question. You said that you went to your native place after two days. Earlier, you said when your grandpa was adamant your mother went to look after him and that you were in continuous touch and that he was better. Because it was just 5 years ago, definitely I hope it would either have been through telephone or mobile. But, how come you were not informed by your mother for two days about the demise of your grandfather.

Thanks for sharing.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Your welcome,

Don't hesitate and do write and submit your experiences here. This is the correct place.

Regards! 😊
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Hi thank you there are 2 more incidents happened which I din't share I am confused whether I should write it. But whatever you said I feel its true that he wanted to see everyone before his death. I feel sad though we lost him forever.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Maybe your grandfather had OBE before death (Out of Body experience) and wanted to meet anyone before his death.

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: