You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Night I Saw Lady In White - Further Investigation

Real Ghost Stories

The Night I Saw Lady In White - Further Investigation

 

Before reading this story please read my previous one. And this is not a fiction.

Just recently I went back to my old place to investigate about what I saw other night. After that incident happened I talked to some people in my old neighborhood (we moved from that place). They told me about that the lady I saw was no other but a witch. Well I had no guts to go any further than that.

Recently my cousin visited me. He's too believes in supernatural. So I told him about incident that happened. He got curious and urged that we should investigate more about it. I agreed (he's 3 years younger than me so I didn't wanted to be a chicken).

Three nights back my parents and his went to visit a relative. They told us that they won't be back before tomorrow. That was our chance. About 10:30 we headed for that place. It's not more than a 15 minutes walk from my new home. We took torches with us and our phone too. I came to know that the "witch" used to live in a house nearby.

On our way we picked a friend up. He told us creepy stuff about that house (we thought he was kidding). The house was, as expected, not in a good condition. I was too scared to go near it. But my friend and cousin pushed me to go first inside. I reluctantly went scared as hell. They followed me.

It was a two story house with a spooky door. When I entered the house I felt an uneasy cold. On ground floor it had 3 rooms which were empty. So we moved on to upper floor. My cousin was first to reach on top of the stairs. Then he signaled us to follow. There was a hall and another room here. Hall had an empty frame hanging on its all 4 walls which made me uneasy. I wanted to go back. But they wanted to explore. Other room was locked. We didn't open it. As I was in hurry to go down I was first to climb down stairs. There I saw a basement. Without even thinking they open the door and went in. I went after them.

After that I remember only fragments of memories. I remember that I saw my cousin pointing at someone. Our friend lying on his belly. My cousin looked pale as moon. I remember that something spoke to me in my thoughts. It said "Leave whatever it is. It should not be disturbed (Hindi translation: jo bhi hai esa hi chor do. Preshan mat kro.) After that there was a blackout. My cousin and friend carried my back to my house. There they say they sat all night long in temple praying.

Next morning I regained consciousness. I asked them what happened but they didn't tell me anything. They said they must report it police. All they said that they saw a human skeleton tied up in that basement. We reported it to police. But they dismissed us and didn't even write a report. They said it was the witch. They told is that she was cursed to die like that and haunt anybody in that locality. Now I know what happened to that witch. And I dare not go around that house anymore. Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by psyketz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, psyketz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-22)
I think I would leave her alone - sounds like something horrible happened to the poor woman and she can't rest easy. I'm sure she is not the only one.

Thank goodness you moved!
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-21)
Hi Biblio
Well it's the way it is in India. We have worst police system in the whole world. And I might add the police officer who went missing was the one who saw skeleton before we did. He told this to his colleagues and next day he went missing. There was a search team formed but they too found nothing. And yes, here there have been incidents where people would dress up as some ghost and frighten people for their personal gain. But we are just a bunch of teenagers. We don't have fancy equipments. What we could do, we already did. And sorry for late replies. A bit busy these days.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-19)
Psyketz:

I'm surprised that no one investigated the skeleton. So far, the police have 1 missing colleague and 1 dead body, and no one was interested enough to see if the dead body might have been the police officer? Who is to say that the alleged witch was THE SAME SKELETON you saw when you reported "a human skeleton tied up in that basement." [It'd be a great way for a serial killer to get away with murder! Dress up as witch, frighten superstitious/paranoid people, murder those curious/ brave/ daring investigators who do try to track down the haunting, replace the old bones with the new corpse, and make appearances as the witch to keep people frightened. In a few years' time, once the new body is a skeleton, repeat the process.]

When a police officer goes missing in Europe or North America, a huge number of police officers take it very personally and become obsessed with finding/rescuing their colleague. The same is true of firemen, etc. They may not like (or even know) the individual who is missing, but the attitude is that he or she is "one of OURS. We look out for our own."

Also, why did your friends not tell you what happened while you were not aware of your surroundings? That seems very strange to me; much more strange than talking to an incompetent/lazy policeman.

Best,
Biblio.
skylark574 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-17)
I agree with lady glow. India homes a lot of superstitions. The women could have had a really sad and tragic death just because people misunderstood her.
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Thanks PriyankaMenon. I appreciate it.
It was my friend's father himself who told me about it. And yes it was a big issue in my locality when it happened.
Valkricry what can I say? Talib already said it. We have worst police system. In America or any other country when you see a policeman, you feel safe. But it doesn't works like that in India. Policemen here are rude and noncooperative. Anyways, thanks for the comments everyone.
Love and regards
talib (58 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
[at] valkricry

Indian Police are one of the most incompetent and corrupt one in the world. Most of the times they refuse to file a FIR (First Information Report) as that would need a investigation and submission of report, unsolved cases are not good for the officers careers (promotion up the hierarchy), hence they are very reluctant to file cases unless the complainant is well off & connected.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
psyktez,
There's something I can't quite wrap my mind around. It's possible that it's a difference of cultures, but out here no way would the authorities not collect the skeletal remains. After all there is the very large looming question of who it is. If the first investigator went missing, they'd send others, and yes, it would be major news. At least locally. It just seems illogical that they'd just shrug it off as 'it's the witch' without checking it out.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
pysketc

You said
"They told me about that missing policeman because my friend's father servers in that police station as well."

Then you said
"He was the one who told me about it"

Would you mind to clarify who, exactly told you? A policeman because you a the friend of an officers child or your friends' father himself.

I'm not understanding something, was this news that they shared only with you or does the whole town know that a policeman went missing. Was it in the local news?

Thanks
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
i definitely believe this story just take care of yourself whatever it may be. Believe in God you should daily pray to God to ensure safety.
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
ashar123
I don't think she wants justice. Because I remember hearing a voice which asked us to leave rather than asking for help.
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
RANDYM
Sounds fake huh? Well I know it is hard to believe but its your choice to believe or not. Whatever I have written here is completely legit. It might sound like hoax to you people but when you go through things like this only then you realise how disturbing it is in actual life. And I may add that skeleton there is not recent this incident happened in past. And why one policeman? Because everyone else was afraid. They told me about that missing policeman because my friend's father servers in that police station as well. He was the one who told me about it. Too hard to believe right? But well I wish you never have to go through things like this ever.
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
In India, many cases are observed where supertitions have taken many lives. Maybe that lady was a victim of ignorance as told by lady glow and now roaming for justice.

Secondly, I would answer to the question of lady glow. No basement is not a command architectural feature in India. Its very rare.

I think the police should get into the matter rathar than dismissing on the name of the witch theory.

Regards! 😐
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Psyketz.

I am a bit confused,

First the police dismissed your story.
That in itself is amazing. To go to a police department and tell them you know where there is a human skeleton and have them dismiss it sounds too hard to believe.

Then, they are willing to share with you that a policeman did in fact go and went missing.

Around here, if a policeman missing it would be major news.
But then again I don't think our local police department would send just 1 officer to investigate claims of human remains.

Lady-glow, would you mind some company?
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Hi ladyglow
Yes I agree it was just a break and enter. And FYI police didn't just "assume" that he went missing. They told me that they searched him for 1 whole month! Tried everything they could but they couldn't find a trace of him. I read the articles you mentioned and I agree completely. Indian houses rarely have basements. Any more questions?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
No offence intended, but your investigation was only a break and enter by three kids into an abandoned house. 😐

I wonder if this lady was really a witch or if she was only an innocent victim of the ignorance and superstitious beliefs of the people of that village. It is well known that people in a mob mood stop at nothing to reason about outrageous ideas.

I find the following article very interesting and sad:
Http://www.csicop.org/si/show/modern_witch_hunting_and_superstitious_murder_in_india

Also, I would like to ask to any of the members from India if basements are a common architectural feature in Indian houses; never been there I have no more info about this than the one found online:https://www.quora.com/Why-do-American-houses-have-basements-and-why-dont-Indian-houses-have-them

"...I came to know that a police officer tried to resolve that matter and went missing during investigation. That's why police didn't want to do anything about it."

What?! The police automatically assumed one of their members went missing because he was snooping into a case involving a ghost?!
Did they ever bothered investigating if the policeman's disappearance had a more logical explanation (Murder, he ran away from home, quit his job, etc)? 🤔

It is my opinion that, IF there really is an skeleton in that basement, the ghost might be only asking for justice and deserves a proper burial in order to give her some peace.

Patiently seating on the fence...
psyketz (2 stories) (10 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Hey spiritwaiting
Just recently I came to know that a police officer tried to resolve that matter and went missing during investigation. That's why police didn't want to do anything about it.

Hey sds
I'd rather not say it because I've been advised by priest to not to do so. He asked me to keep it a low profile as well. Sorry dude. All I can tell you that it happened in surroundings of Shimla. Thanks for reading:)
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-12)
Hi psyketz, I read your first write-up a while ago and started reading this.

It is quite surprising that the police did not want to even have a look into the house. Still, just as a matter of curiosity, where did it happen. I mean, the name of the city or town would suffice.

But, my sincere advise is that please don't get scared. If there are any negative entities, it would feed from your energy and drain you if you are scared. Be bold.

Be courageous and instead of venturing into such trips, try to investigate through some reliable, level-headed persons, who are living in that area. It would be a better option. If what you say is a possibility, then some others might have also seen that entity.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-07)
Psyketz,

Truly terrifying if even the authorities wouldn't investigate a death of someone. Whether or not they are believed to be a witch.

I understand the unknown, can be terrifying especially when others judge by what others say instead of knowing facts.

At the very least this lady could have a memorial of some type to lay her to rest. That may help her to move on and be at peace instead of haunting the area.

Thanks for sharing
Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: