You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Visit with Friends (and Ghosts)

Real Ghost Stories

Visit with Friends (and Ghosts)

 

In September of this year, myself and my boyfriend were invited to his friends' place for dinner and drinks. I hadn't met these people before but took note of a few things when I walked into their house. There were lots of antiques and an interesting arrangement of things - everything from swords to old doll collections. After saying "hi" they immediately took me to the various doll collections. These were from all over the world and almost all very old and each with its own story. Kind of unusual actually.

The couple also had an interesting dynamic, her older by 10 years or so and an intelligent and effective relationship. Odd way to describe a relationship.

Anyway, drinks first. Lots of chit chat. Nothing unusual. Dinner was the same. Then came dessert. Tasty and by this time I was pretty comfortable with them. Then I heard a noise.

The four of us were sitting at the table and the noise was loud enough for everyone to hear, but they didn't react. It came from behind the fellow sitting at the end of the table. As I turned my head toward the sound, I saw something move. It was maybe 5 feet behind this man and it was one of those fold-up room dividers. A big one leaning, folded up, against a wall. This item was swaying back and forth at such angles that there is no way it could do that on its own without falling. So I looked back at the table and continued conversation, then glanced back to see if it was wobbly or if there was any vents or other things that might be disturbing it. Nothing and it was a heavy, antique item that physically just couldn't move like that. When I looked back the second time, it had stopped swaying and was just wobbling a bit.

I decided I needed another glass of wine. I couldn't bring it up because I didn't know these people and first encounters, well, asking who the ghost is didn't seem like the right thing to do.

On the way home my boyfriend said "they (the couple) said the ghosts were really active today". He didn't know about any ghosts nor thought they knew (or were of that thinking) at all. I was shocked so I told him what I saw and I said that she (of the couple) knows who it is. That was my sense at the time though she didn't seem to notice at all. My boyfriend said "I think you were in a heightened awareness state, conscious of it or not, you were and could see, hear and feel something we couldn't".

A couple of weeks later he told the couple what I saw and heard. They immediately said "she knows who it is" (without prompting from my boyfriend) and that they looked forward to seeing me again.

Haven't been back in that area since, but will be in December so stay tuned!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-06)
I have a question. Why not? You said that asking who the ghost was did not seem the right thing to do, but you were curious, so why not? I DO see your side, you do not know these people, they may say you had too much wine, they may tell your boyfriend you are crazy. I know.
There was a time when people would come to our house and leave without ever mentioning that they saw or heard something. We knew that our house was different than others, we just did not know that other people thought so too. After a while some of our friends were too uncomfortable to come over at certain times. We were loosing our friends, I thought we were loosing our minds, I was listening to my children complain and we had no explanation for them. We could have been saved from a bunch of mental anxiety if only one of our friends or family members would have said "What the ---- is THAT?"
I have found out, quite personally, that furniture and other like items hold our and other peoples past. I always have a hard time keeping from smiling when I overhear someone say something to the effect of "If that chair could only talk".
Thank you for this story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It mus have been very interesting to have this occurance especially with a room full of people.

I am very interested to see how you upcoming visit goes!

God Bless! 😁
ridgerunner (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-26)
Hi Ice, This story really got my attention. When you were telling about the antiques in this home. My wife and I owned an antique store at one time and some very strange things would happen when we got certain items in. Please let us know more when you visit again. When we close it down some items we keep in an storage shed as not to have them in our home
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Hi Ice. That must have been one interesting night for you. So who is it? I read a couple of times that your friend's said, "she knows who it is". What did they mean? That you knew there was a ghost in their house? Or, that you knew who the ghost actually was? One who dables in the paranormal could only assume that when someone is a collector of antiques, they are bound to run into a few ghosts and spirits who have attached theirselves to the item. Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-23)
Interesting story there ice. I would imagine that with all the antiques within the couple's home there would be some sort of paranormal activity. Some spirits/entities are very attached to certain articles and refuse to leave them of their own accord. Thanks for the story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: