You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shaking Door

Real Ghost Stories

Shaking Door

 

I was only seven and I slept by myself. My room was located at the end of the hall on the left, right in front of my parents' room. It all happened in the year 2011 in May, right after the tornado in Joplin had hit. My dad was occasionally going to Joplin because of his job, to help reconstruct.

It was late and raining a little bit. I could hear the raindrops hit my window, it was keeping me up. Then became the moment when I started to fall asleep to the rhythm of the raindrops. Suddenly I began to hear footsteps in the hallway. They were hugs steps and they were loud. They sounded like my dad's work boots.

But something was wrong, something was very wrong. How could I hear footsteps in the hallway if there was only carpet? When I realized this, I became terrified, and felt a rush of an unexplainable desperation.

My only thought then was start crying and call for my parents to come in, and that's exactly what I did. I cried and tried to scream, but I couldn't scream. Something was keeping me from doing it. So I ran to the door and leaned against and covered my ears and kept crying. Only this time there was force on the other side of the door, they or it was trying to get in. I kept putting all my weight on the door, holding it shut.

I looked up to the doorknob and it was shaking. Not just a little shake. It was a shake that continued for a long time and the knob moved very rapidly. I had never been so scared in my life.

Suddenly it all stopped and I felt like I could breath again. I didn't feel scared anymore. I relaxed and finally screamed for dad to come to the room. When I was sure it was him, I opened the door for him. I told him everything that happened and he waited for me to fall asleep, but no way was I going to sleep after that, so I just pretended to be sleeping.

When he was convinced, he went to the kitchen and came back with an egg and a glass of water. He said a prayer with the egg passing it above my body.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amjm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

amjm (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-07)
Well I did know what he was doing with the egg. And I think at that moment he didn't really believe in it very well, but to see me so freaked out he most likely sensed that something wasn't right. My dad had never really had something happen to him, but my mom and me were always hearing things in this house. This particular event I wrote about, was an event that really freaked me out that scared me. I will write more stories about this house that I experienced and also about the time my dad finally expierenced something himself
ashar123 (6 stories) (168 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
You were lucky that your father believed you.
I read certain stories here on this site where children have paranormal encounters, they share it with their parents and they discard it calling it an imagination. Years after all this when children grow up, somehow discussion takes place regarding the incident and the parents surprise the children by telling that they also experienced the same and they pretended not to believe as they didn't want to scare their children.

You should ask your parents if they experienced anything like that. I don't know why I feel that your father has experienced it and just doesn't want to scare you. Sorry for my long comment.

Thanks for sharing! 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
Welcome to YGS.

Is there a second part to your story? 😕 I was seating on the edge of my chair expecting to read what happened after your father entered in the room!

Did you ever hear the footsteps again? Do you know if your parents experienced anything similar in the house? Did they hear the noise of the knob rattling that night?

What your Dad did is known as a "limpia" (cleansing), my grandmother used to do something similar to us kids to get rid of "espanto" (spooked out); I would like to know if your father explained to you what he was doing and what was he expecting to happen. Glad to know he believed you.

I hope you can add more information to this interesting experience.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: