You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Diary #1

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Diary #1

 

I want to say first and foremost, this is completely true, but whether you believe me is up to you.

On July 5, 2016 I used a Ouija board while home alone. I had it set up with an incense, a bandanna as an altar cloth, and 4 crystals: a quartz, a tigers eye, a snowflake obsidian, and an amethyst.

I did get in contact with a spirit and tried my best to drag the conversation on. It lasted for around an hour to an hour and a half, before the planchette slid to goodbye. They refused to state their name, age, cause of death, or when they died. I thought 'Okay, that was kind of cool' and that was the end of it, tucked it away and went to do something else.

See, that wasn't the creepy thing though. Yesterday, July 12, 2016 at around 2:57 AM, I thought I saw my grandma standing at the top of my stairs. I was playing on the computer and was waiting for her to say something, but she just stood there. Silent. I frowned and looked up at her in confusion and asked her what's wrong, but she just continued to stare at me. This lasted for about 2-5 minutes, just staring with silence. I sighed and looked down to hit the space-bar to stop the video I was watching, and when I looked up she was gone. I noticed the lights were off throughout the house.

I then remembered that she had said she was going to bed about 1 1/2 hours ago, so why was she up now? I got my flashlight and searched upstairs. Come to find my grandma was sleeping in her nightgown, just snoring away without a care in the world. Again, this was odd, the figure of my grandma moments before wasn't in her nightgown, she was wearing a red shirt, blue jeans, white socks, her hair in a low pony tail draped over her left shoulder, and had her makeup on.

I ended up going downstairs and staying there, watching videos or playing a game as a distraction until my aunt Crystal got here to drop off her dog Beaker for us to watch until she gets off work.

I don't know what to think. I don't even know if I'm dealing with a ghost, demon, or whatever, because whatever it is, it shifts into someone I know. If you have any information that may help, even in the slightest, please send me a message or something.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChippyCho, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hessian1776 (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-15)
To echo Lady-Glo, I would perform a self-experiment. Log how many times you keep seeing this "entity" - I call it in quotes because more than likely, it is the combination of lack of sleep and power of suggestion (after playing with the Ouija Board). Also, keep in mind that prolonged exposure to electromagnetic waves/frequencies can cause hallucinations - you have a triple threat working against you here (lack of sleep, power-of-suggestion, and EMF). If you keep seeing things after you get into a regular and healthy sleep pattern and not expose yourself so much to EMF (i.e. Prolonged T.V. Viewing and computer gaming/video watching), then it still might be medical, go to a doctor and see if they can recommend a MRI/brain scan, people who have neurological issues (on the tissue level, not biochemical, that would suggest something else), have issues in seeing things. Finally, humans are not nocturnal, if the whole house was dark, and there is the possibility of your grandmother sleep-walking, then your brain could have just filled in the details of the shirt color, hair, etc. Just some points to think on before tossing this up to the paranormal.
jwarrdor (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-08)
I am by no means an expert and have never used a OB myself, but from what I have read before there is something you are supposed to do at the end to "close" the session. If you are worried I would reach out to one of the admins about how to do that, they seem to be pretty knowledgeable.

I hope it is just lack of sleep, but if you are concerned at all I would definitely be proactive.

Good Luck!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-06)
ChippyCho

You say that you were using the O.B. By yourself-never a good idea. Why you felt the need for an alter cloth (a bandanna?really?) or have incense and 4 different crystals. You say that the coversation went on for 1 1/2 hours when the planchette slid to goodbye. First of all the conversation seemed one sided (you) and then the board closed when it said goodbye. No threats were made, it just closed, the end, nothing came out.

I'm with lady-glow. You're sleeping habits are unhealthy. You may have had a hallucination due to lack of sleep. I strongly reccomend that you go to bed no later than midnight and try meditation to relax your mind.

Regards
Red
Ashraf (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-04)
Hello ChippyCho,
I agree with lady-glow. Lack of sleep causes hallucinations. And also using OB isn't a good thing for everyone. Its amazing if you inadvertently encounter ghosts or spirits. But disturbing the souls is insane. Not discouraging you though on having said that. Have a healthy life and good luck to you bro.
RedBlackRosemama (34 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Lady_glow I don't sleep at night either but I have my reason I sleep during day. Anyway about this thing that you say your grandma could be something of form look like your grandma that not her that you open the portal (Thanks god I never use but I have to my older sister the spirit board she never afraid it but I am and she don't live with me.) it does lies and why it won't answer how it died or age etc you name it cause it's more like something scary/evil. Some people like us don't like to sleep and have reason like maybe can't sleep.
Briannalynn (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Hello
In my opinion from what I've experienced myself... The thing you saw was not good. Bad spirits or (demons) often take the form of someone or something else. Either to scare you more or to gain your trust to get closer to you. I would advise you to stop using the OB immediately! They are no good! Whatever you do... Do not burn it! Burning it does not get rid of the evil it only keeps the door open. I would keep cleansing the house and praying for it to go away. Also if you go to a place in the house that's the most peaceful for you to concentrate and close your eyes and picture a white light around yourself for awhile and then a white light around your loved ones in the home and then a white light around your whole house... And do it for as long as possible... That should help. Can't say it will get rid of it completely but it should keep it at bay!
SomeCallMeTim (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Hi, ChippyCho.

No matter what protection you set up, the Ouija board opens a portal to admit whatever waits beyond. Using it with seasoned, spiritually centered others is risky; using it alone is just asking for trouble.

You may have summoned something that was never human, thus its inability to provide vital statistics. Its embodiment of your grandmother's form, realistically enough to fool you, is not a portent of pleasant things to come. I'd advise a cleansing post haste, followed by the destruction of the Ouija board.

Also, as lady-glow points out, you may want to explore a more regular and longer lasting sleep cycle.

Best wishes,

Tim
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
It seems to me that your sleeping habits are rather unhealthy.
Before jumping to the conclusion of having summoned a demon through the Ouija board you shouldn't discard the possibility of having an hallucination due to your lack of sleep.

Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to try cleansing your house according to your personal beliefs, stop using the OB and have a nice rest during the night.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: