You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Afraid In My Own Home?

Real Ghost Stories

Afraid In My Own Home?

 

Ever since I was a child we've had some form of presence, and my mum talks of one too from when she was a child. Hers felt positive, according to her. This just, doesn't.

My childhood wasn't the best due to my father being controlling and abusive. So I always blamed my paranoid feeling on how he was.

We've been away from my dad for 4 years, and we've recovered in most ways (not so much financially) from how he was. However, I still get that feeling; like I'm being watched. As does my mum (my sister is too young to fully understand). My dog also acts very suspicious.

We've lived in two houses since we left my dad. The first, my mum and I got such a terrible feeling in one of the corridors, I can only describe it as end of the world dread. It was horrible. But nothing really happened in that house.

Although, now, we've lived in this house almost 3 years. It's not the type of area we're used to, but we've had no issues. I've always struggled to sleep, but in this house it's the paranoid feeling keeping me up. I suffer from GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and I have improved dramatically recently, but the activity started when I was at my worst in terms of anxiety.

I've had bad health for awhile, but my anxiety is relevant with this. It started with a feeling of being watched constantly. My dog is an Irish terrier, and being a very alert breed, she was always looking in one spot for ages. It would freak me out, but I tended to just distract myself on my phone or with the TV. But, one day my mum was cleaning my room and I used to have this huge mirror. She was near that, and it got pushed and fell on her. It might have just fallen, but knowing how heavy this mirror was, it'd take a lot of force. She wasn't drastically injured. Again, I didn't think anything of it. I told her about how I felt and she said she has the same feeling.

A few weeks pass, and my mum tells me she saw this black figure going into my room; describing it as a tall, completely black/opaque figure with no distinguishable features. My mum is somewhat of a comedian, and does like to joke so I didn't think anything of it. Until I saw it too. I was doing my revision (I had exams coming up, I was 15) and I look up and this figure is staring at me. EXACTLY how my mum described it.

I couldn't take my eyes off it. And it couldn't take its eyes off me. Well, I say eyes, it didn't have eyes. But it was staring at me. My heart stopped and I felt like I was going insane. I looked down at my paper and then back up, and it was gone. It felt surreal.

I wouldn't sleep in my room that night and a picture of me later got knocked off the table. I spoke to someone in my school for advice, and using the tips she gave me, the activity didn't just calm down, it stopped.

And it stopped for ages. I felt free. However, it;s started again. I'm 16 now, and my exams are over. That's an idea of how long it's been. My dog is acting weird again, I'm paranoid again and my mum;s seeing things. I'm struggling to sleep more than ever even though my anxiety is almost completely controlled now. I'm currently in a cafe and I feel when I talk/research this at home, something feels wrong and like I shouldn't be doing this.

There's been no recent deaths in my family and I don't mess about with the paranormal. I am really curious as to WHAT this is, and how to deal with it. If you have any explanation or advice it will be much appreciated, thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chnl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-09)
Hi chnl:

My heart goes out to you. My oldest daughter is sensitive and suffers from anxiety also, sometimes those 2 clash. It makes for paranoia and that uneasy feeling that something is terribly wrong. Any thing out of place seems to have significance, which sometimes it does.

Maybe this is what is occurring in your circumstance. Perhaps you're a sensitive and are aware of spirits. Just my thoughts. I am glad to hear your anxiety is getting under control.

Thanks for sharing. Be well.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Hi chnl!

I'm glad you and your mom and sister got out of that abusive situation! I'm going to second (or third?) the recommendation that you try Rook's method.

I also just remembered something written by American ghost hunter Suzy Smith. She said that when she's confronted with a negative presence she uses laughter to fight it. I'd imagine it works by countering negative energy with positive energy. She talked about being in a house one night that had a terribly heavy, threatening presence. She got through the night by turning on the television to a comedian or funny movie.

You might try something like that. Watch or read or listen to something that makes you laugh.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-03)
Hi there Chril,

I'm glad you got out of an abusive situation, well done to you all for that!

Here's the link to Rook's cleansing which Mazz mentioned:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

You don't have to answer this, but if your father is a dangerous or vengeful person, it's possible the presence is coming from him. Kind of an emotional representation of his negativity directed at you guys. More than likely he'd be unaware of this or even know that it were possible. These kinds are referred to as thoughtforms and/or poltergeists. When a negative influence/energy takes on an awareness and acts out against it's 'targets'.
The mirror and all the rest leads me to wonder if this is what's going on. Check out the method in that link, it works for any negative presence and helps maintain positive energy in the home.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
Could be something about your mom since it's been around so long.

I'm just wondering about her because seeing the supernatural is her knack, it's been with her since your childhood, mirrors are falling on her, and she's the one (until recently) seeing it walking around. It didn't stay with your dad, and it seems to be intimidating you, rather than her.

She could have picked up an unwelcome energy somewhere or from something. Any antiques or 'new' objects around that appeared with the 'thing'? Or coinciding with the divorce?

How annoying to be constantly chased out of your house like that.
Mazzmarach (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-02)
Ahoy there.

Looks like (to this amateur's eyes) you have a Shadow Person; they're generally harmless and more curious than malicious, so you shouldn't worry too much. Additionally, I think all your anxiety is creating a poltegheist, which can explain the mirror thing.

There's a member on this site by the name of rookdygin who's got a cleansing ritual on his profile that could be useful.

Just out of curiosity, what did you do to make it stop the first time, and why isn't it working now?

Go with God.
Mazz

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: