You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unknown Presence

Real Ghost Stories

The Unknown Presence

 

Getting home from my cousin's house, I went straight to my room to talk on the phone. I was cleaning out my closet when I felt this weird presence. So I turned around and I found one of my collectibles, my little pony dolls, floating up in the air. Then it floated across the room and smashes itself into my wall. I was so surprised that I ran downstairs screaming to my dad.

A couple of months went by without having any repeats of that incident. But all of a sudden, every night starting from 11:00pm to 3:00am, I start hearing these weird noises. I hear footsteps going up and down the stairs. Then it starts running and it sounds like it crashes into something. Because all you hear is a big thud. I'll be in my room changing the voicemail on my cell phone and when I replay it, I can hear voices in the background trying to talk to me, telling me to get out of their house. Later on, me and my cousin got out of school early and went to my house to eat. So we were up in my room, when we heard someone open the door downstairs and walk up the stairs. Since I have a dog, it started freaking out for no reason. It started barking a lot but its barks sounded like if it was crying of fear. Then it yelped as if someone had hit it. The footsteps reached my door and started trying to get into my room but couldn't because my door was locked. All me and my cousin saw was my door handle moving around. Then we heard this low eary whistle. When my cousin used her cell phone to call her boyfriend to come pick us up, while the call was connecting, a voice showed up telling us to leave now out of their house. So we just hung up. The house got really cold even though the heater was on. We called her boyfriend again and when he answered, we asked him to come pick us up. When he did, we both went running down the stairs. We passed a room and my cat was in there with his tail all puffed up. We tried getting out of my house but the door wouldn't open. Finally it opened and we left.

So far, there are still weird noises. We are in the process of getting our house blessed, hoping that this unwanted presence finally leaves our house.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-27)
Adriana,
That is definately scary! I wish you lots of luck ridding your home of that terrifying presence. I have crazy things happen in my home but thank God I've never been threatened like that! God Bless!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-05)
that was truly terrifying!
i know it has been a while since posting your story, I am only getting to read it now.

has your home been blessed? Has this helped?

God Bless!
bobs lover (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-07)
holy crap!!! That freaked the crap out of me. I hope your house gets blessed and I hope your ok but I dont think blessing your house is gonna get rid of em. Good luck with it! :]
Candice (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-05)
Wow-that really creeped me out. I started crying! hahah
I've never had that happen to me, but I hope the house blessing works! Good luck!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-04)
Hey Adriana, It sounds like someone very mean and cruel died, got stuck on the Earth, and is forcing you to leave their house. I surely hope that the blessing helps, although blessings rarely work, God is the one person you need to pray to and ask him to get rid of the presence, or you can also try to communicate with the spirits and see what they have been wanting to tell you. Maybe the spirit or ghost needs to say something badly and just needs someone to listen to them. I do hope that those spirits do not harm you in any way, I hope so. Well, bye for now and I hope that you can find a way to rid of that horrible presence.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-02-04)
Well that's straight from a horror movie Adriana, I feel for you. What a scary thing to go through! I hope the blessing helps, but I have a feeling it might need something stronger than that to get rid of that entity.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: