You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Felt Something

Real Ghost Stories

I Felt Something

 

I have been reading stories on this site for maybe over a year now and I'd finally like to share one of my own personal experiences. I have always believed in the paranormal but never really encountered anything spooky until 19 May 2016. I don't know if what I'm about to tell you is actually a paranormal encounter or just my imagination so I would appreciate it if you leave your opinions and thoughts down below.

I Felt Something 1

I Felt Something 2

I just got changed after getting out the shower and headed downstairs into the kitchen. I had my phone with me and decided to take pictures of myself as I was happy with my haircut I got earlier on that day. Just to give you a brief summary, there is a door in my kitchen that leads you into the garden. I was standing in the doorway, facing the kitchen and the door was open. I thought this was a good spot to take pictures as the lighting was good. Out of nowhere, I suddenly got chills all over my body and the hairs on my neck raised up. It felt like electrical wind gushing through me as crazy as it sounds. It was honestly a feeling I cannot put into words and I felt the presence of something unpleasant. This wasn't because the door was open or anything and I can assure you that it was not cold outside nor in the kitchen. I was perfectly fine until I took a final snap. I remember looking around like an insane person and was wondering what just happened. This feeling just came out of nowhere and it was such an eerie sensation. I felt like I was being watched, honestly. I prayed to God in my head and my guts were telling me to get out of there. I ran out the kitchen and brushed it off until days later when I was going through the pictures I took.

As I was looking at the pictures, I noticed something quite odd. Behind me in the garden was something that looked like a ghostly face. Again, I don't know if this is just a glitch in the photo or was there actually something there with me? I don't want to lie and say that there definitely is a ghost I caught on camera as our minds and eyes can play tricks on us but I really did feel something evil around me that night. I'm going to try to attach the photo but I'm sorry if I'm unable to as I don't really know how to attach a file. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AliKing, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AliKing (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Martin,

Thank you for attaching my photos to my story. I was struggling lol, you're a star! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Aliking - several comments down our site administrator explained what happened.
AliKing (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Hi RANDYM,

I appreciate what you're saying and no offence has been taken. I didn't research the history of the house yet but I think I will soon. Some may think this is just a hoax but I can promise you that what I felt that night was very real!

However, like I said in my story, it really could be my eyes and mind playing tricks on me. The human body and mind is very weird. Thank you! 😁
AliKing (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Hey Tweed,

I shared my story in September and for some odd reason, the photos just got uploaded now. I'm as confused as everybody else, to be honest.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-06)
Greeting Aliking

Please don't misunderstand as I'm not saying your encounter wasn't real.

That said,
I think you should look up " Pareidolia"
In short, it is this.
Your brain always tries to make senses of the information that our senses send it. If it can't "figure it out" so to speak it fills in the blanks for you. A face is one of the things that is most recognizable to our brains. Its the same thing as when a person claims they see the Virgin Mary on a loaf of bread.
Or if you look at clouds or trees long enough you will start to see faces in them. Its just our brain trying to figure things out for us.
This may or may not be what's at place here but I think you should read up on it and give it some consideration.

Regards
Randy
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-04)
Thanks Miracles and Martin, I knew something was odd about the new postings yesterday. 😊

AliKing,

I know next to nothing about Snapchat, other than I think it's the one with all the novelty graphic presets and filters and whatnot. If you've got this picture as a raw file, as in no filter applied to it, perhaps the odd image behind you might be clearer. I don't know, thought it worth a mention in case.

Like Mack, I was confused about the garden behind, it seems pretty dark, was this picture taken at night?
I can kind of make out what looks like a face in the darkness. Given what you described directly after, it's possible this picture captured 'something' unpleasant. But it's so fuzzy it could just be pixels. Either way it sounds like something not so nice was there that day.😕
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-04)
[at] Macknorton it's from snapchat.

Anyways, that's so creepy. The picture looks so clear. I have no idea but I'm glad the feeling stopped.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
Macknorton - the pictures remind me of snapchat or something like that.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
The story was already posted some time ago but was missing the photos, when I added them, I reset the date of the story so that it can get some attention again.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
Hi AliKing

Ummmmm...is it just me or aren't those "photos" actually drawings? I've never seen a photo look like that before. The flowers simply look like an illustration 😕?

I also can't see a "garden" in the background, all I can see is blackness with what looks vaguely like a wallpaper pattern?

Regards

Mack
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
Tweed - I can't answer that. I don't know why the comments say 3 months and the story published 2 months ago but just popped up now. When a story has a picture included, and it is clearly stated in the story, we put those on hold so the administrator can get to them and attach the picture. But that is before the story is edited and published.

The only likely scenario is as roylynx suggested. It was published without the pictures, and then the pictures were sent to admin and the story republished 😕 Since AliKing didn't respond after the first couple comments, maybe that is what happened. Eh who knows? 😉
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
Olá, Tweed! Yes, I thought this is a new story too, I thought I would have done a research but it happens that I haven't even read the story... Did it pop-up once then backed up again for the picture? Ah... Desculpa Aliking, just wondering what is going on.

OK, My thoughts about the story now, the pisture that you showed us looked like what people around me call as "o mofador", you know those white painted performers in circus like a jester or joker?
I know also that some people would consider it as a sign of something bad when a spirit looked like one of those, if you know of tarot cards the Jester represents Death, of course in tarot cards the meaning would be different depending on what you are asking, but in real, if Death is around something bad would happen, sound superstisious right?

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
Aliking, Hi and thanks for sharing. I'm pretty bad at finding ghosts in photos. But I think I know what you mean about what you snapped. Whether it really is a ghost or not, can't say one way or the other. But what happened to you does sound paranormal and pretty horrible too!

I just have a question to the Moddy-wods, Yo Mods, these comments are saying '2 months ago' but this is appearing on the front as a newer/new post, err huh? 😕 Sorry if this has been addressed, just noticed it now.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-19)
Hi AliKing:

Sounds very unnerving. Please do post the picture you referenced in your story.

Thanks for sharing.
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-17)
Hello AliKing,

Welcome to YGS, and thanks for sharing your experience. Spooky encounter indeed, have you looked into the history of the house? Maybe you could get some clue. And to post the picture you have to first upload it on photo sharing websites like imgur.com or photo bucket and then share the link here. Do post the pics!

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: