You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Who Are These People?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Are These People?

 

From the time I can remember I was always afraid of the dark. Never quite sure what was lurking in the darkness... Not bad entities just a presence of sorts. We lived in a bi-level house just outside Philadelphia from the time I was a baby until about 10 years old. I have had a couple experiences there in that short 10 years. The experience I am about to tell you right now is one I will never and have never forgotten.

It was a winter night, there was at least a foot of snow outside. My mom and I were in our living room, her on one couch me on the other, watching a movie. We ended up falling asleep and decided to stay there for the night. I don't know what time I woke up but when I opened my eyes I was surrounded by people. The first person I saw was to my right, a beautiful lady dressed in white with a light around her almost as if she was glowing, then in front of her sitting on the side of the couch was an older man with big round glasses holding a grandfather clock (I KNOW HOW CRAZY IT SOUNDS), then behind them on top of the TV stand we had was an older man with grease stains all over his face and shirt. All three of them were just staring at me smiling. At this point I was panicking. I looked over to my mom and she was still asleep on the couch.

After I looked back to see if the people were still there they were gone. I finally let out a huge scream and woke up my mom. She had no idea that anything was going on. The next morning my mom went outside and checked the whole outside of the house to make sure no one had broken into the house while we were sleeping... Just like I thought there were no foot prints outside no indentations of old foot prints, nothing... Of course my mom believed me right away because she knows I am sensitive to the paranormal. Just like the rest of my family.

Here's where it gets freaky... Freakier...

My MomMom was pregnant with her first daughter, who died as soon as she was born... She died when she was born due to complications. Then my MomMom had my aunt and my mom... But we always talk about my MomMom's first baby, we all call her "Aunt Dianne". We all have talked to her occasionally and tell her we wish we were able to meet her and wish she would have had a great life with us all.

A couple days after this had happened to me I went and talked to my 20 year old cousin (at the time) and I told her what happened and she just smiled and said " well, the lady you saw was Aunt Dianne" my heart stopped... Because when I saw the beautiful lady in white I felt connected to her I felt like I knew her and I felt love. My cousin said that she has also had a visit from "Our Aunt Dianne". We told my MomMom that we saw her beautiful baby who is a grown woman now.

It has been 11 years since I have seen Aunt Dianne and I always think about her and remember the time I got to see her... I often wonder who the other two men were... I wonder if they were also relatives or just someone who wanted to come say hi. But I haven't seen any of them since that day...

Any one have any ideas?

Other hauntings by HSDB816

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HSDB816, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-19)
Hi HSDB816

My thoughts are since they were smiling at you, as you described, perhaps all 3 were relatives who have passed on just checking in on you.

I can't really wrap my head around the concept of a spirit growing up, but that's just me.

Thanks for sharing.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-17)
Maybe the guy with the clock was a guide of sorts, 'Father Time' or someone along those lines.

I don't know, reminds me of a morning I was almost late to work because my alarm wasn't working. Woke up to find three 'people' standing over me poking me trying to wake me up. One was a very old Native American man in full headdress, there was a monk in white next to him, and some other guy dressed in red behind him. Rubbed my eyes and they were gone. No idea who they were but I was up in time for work!

The grease stained guy could have been a friend of your aunt, or a distant relative, OR someone passing through, or imagination, etc. That was very nice of your aunt to stop by and say hello!
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-17)
HSDB816

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing

My first thoughts were a dream. But that is just because the conditions were right to fall asleep and not even realize it.
Those on the other side do contact us while dreaming because our mind is in such a relaxed state.
Please understand, I'm not saying it was definitely a dream, only a possibility. You also stated your were 10 or less and I know that children of that age can still be very perceptive.
As for the people you didn't know
I would venture a guess that, dreaming or not, your mind was open enough that perhaps the other two were just strangers that you were able to pick up on. Maybe more distant relatives possibly or someone else who just happen to have a history with the building or environment. Either way it is very interesting.

Thank you again for sharing and please know that your deceased relatives are never as far as we think. We can speak out to them anytime we wish. I know from research that they can and do hear us on this side of life.

God bless
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: