You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Visited By Mama Cat Of Our Adopted Kittens

Real Ghost Stories

Visited By Mama Cat Of Our Adopted Kittens

 

Our black and white cat Lovey was hit by a car near our home. We saw her still moving in the street, but by the time we parked in the driveway and rushed to her, she had passed. It was so distressing and from the look on her face, she had died in great pain. One week later, through a good friend, we adopted two orphan kittens that were left in a box on a rooftop. They were about 2 1/2 weeks old.

Last night (7/19/16), my husband got up to use the restroom. He saw an orange and white cat at the foot of the bed. She looked up at him as if to say "Hi!" He could see her head clearly but the rest of her body was like an outline. We have never owned an orange and white cat. The cat we lost (Lovey) was black and white. Twice he got up to use the restroom and both times he saw the cat on the bed. I believe this cat might be the mother cat of the two kittens we adopted. Earlier in the day I had both kittens on the bed, and they were frolicking and playing. That night, the orange and white cat made an appearance. The kittens were sleeping in the master bathroom with the door closed, so they weren't on the bed with us. Both kittens are calico, with orange and white fur, mixed with some black.

This is the first time a strange cat made an appearance in our home. We have had other ghost cat visits, but they were from our own cats that we had owned. Both my husband and I saw our Tabby-Point Siamese Katie walking down the hallway. The hallway was dark but we could see a silvery white cat that looked like her. There have been several cases where I am starting to wake up and I hear the breathing of a cat nearby. This is probably our Seal Point Siamese Patty or our tabby cat Sammy. Both would breath a bit heavily when they slept.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jewel_brite, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-22)
jewel_brite

My condolences on losing your cat Lovey. I know all too well the pain of losing an animal.

Yes animals can come back to visit those they love, they have souls the same as we do. You're cat Lovey is possibly waiting for mama cat to leave before coming around.

Regards
Red
RedBlackRosemama (34 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-18)
Oh god I love this cats story and yes it could be that two kittens mommy and could be that she might want to thank you to take her babies in. I agree with her to thank you for take her babies in.
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-18)
In the last sentence it'll be like " It feels great though that the momma cat visited her kittens "
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-18)
Hello jewel-brite,

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. I'm really sorry for the loss of your Lovey 😭 Yes, cats do visit us after life like when my neighbour's cat died (she was close to me) she visited me in a dream and maybe I think she told me she's OK and we shan't worry about her. It feels though that the momma cat visited her kittens 😁

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
ilovesodawater (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-17)
Aw I love animal stories! She must have been very grateful you were looking after her babies 😁

I once had my old cat visit me in a dream a couple of nights after she got hit by a car. It was so real feeling and I believe she was telling me she was ok. She was walking over my head and smootching me like she always used to do to wake me up.

I bet the kittens are bringing you a lot of happiness:-)

I'm so sorry for your loss of your beautiful wee lovey;- (
roylynx (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2016-08-16)
Thank you for sharing! I am so sorry for your loss of Lovey (watery eyes). Yes, Mama Cats do visit their babies after life. I did have an encounter of my cat's spirit as well she is the mother of my current cat.

About the spiritual cat was it orange with white stripe? Or was it patterned? No, I am just curious on how it looked, not trying to ask if you really did saw it, I am a cat lover too! LOL

Seeing that you have so many encounters from your cats, you must have been taking very good care of them!

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: