You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Family Visiting?

Real Ghost Stories

Family Visiting?

 

This is my first experience and it was when I was about 12 or 13 years old. I was in Colorado visiting my great-grandmother, grandfather, aunt, cousin, and other family. We all had fun then went to my grandmother's house.

As soon as I walked in I knew something was up. I walked past the hallway (it's not really a hallway, it's a door that leads to a very steep set of stairs, and at the top there are two rooms) and I saw a very light, kind of see through figure standing/hovering there. I was frozen. I immediately thought of my grandfather's caretaker, she had fallen down those steps a couple years back (my father told me the story). That's when it moved really fast up the stairs and I heard a door slam. I walked into the kitchen and tried to tell someone, but everyone was busy.

A year later in 2013, it was Thanksgiving and I was at my mother's mom's house and we were taking pictures of our family in their yard, and by the time the day was over, we had to have taken over 100 pictures in total.

When I got back to my house I looked over the pictures and saw some very vibrant colored orbs. Some were golden, some were blue and some were green. And some were even all three colors. But the weirdest thing I saw was that the orbs were only in the pictures I was in. I know I sound vain but I'm not trying to! I zoomed in on one of the more vibrant orbs and saw my grandfather's face. I nearly started crying. That's when my dad walked into the living room, holding his phone and he looked like he had just seen a ghost. He said that my grandfather had just passed away two days before. I looked back at the orb and saw that his face was gone.

A couple days later I noticed a yellow orb in a picture, so I looked up the colors' meanings. Blue is a happy spirit. Green is a relaxed spirit. Gold in bringing good luck. And yellow is a warning. Two years later my aunt died.

Other hauntings by Avery

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Avery, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Monty998 (1 stories) (50 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Red wolf it's only optional to reach out to me. People can choose not to reach out if they want. Thanks.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Monty

"If anyone needing any help then please contact me before it's to late." Then you leave your Skype address. As AndiKate asked too late for what? There are many people on this site that can help someone why should anybody Skype you?

Peace
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Avery it's not vain to say the orbs only showed up with photos of you in it. But are you sure that it was just you and not someone else that was in only the same pictures you were in? Just a thought. I'm glad your grandfather's face was in one of those orbs even for a minute.

Regards
Red
AndiKate81 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Before it's too late for what? 😕

Anyway... This is a great story. It's always comforting to know your loved ones are looking out for you.:)

This comment from Monty998 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Hello Avery,

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. I think that spirit really was of your grandfather's caretaker at those stairs, maybe she became alarmed that you're seeing her, that's why she went back. I'm confused about why a spirit could be using a door to exit though. Could anyone show me some light on this matter. It feels great that your grandfather visited you 😁 I'm sorry you have to deal with your aunt's death 😢

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: