You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Mist

Real Ghost Stories

The Mist

 

I was laying on the bed next to my girlfriend. We had just eaten breakfast and we were just laying there as I listened to her talk about the upcoming music fest. The lights in the room were off, the only light in the room was coming from a partially open window curtain letting the sunlight through.

I felt a strange sensation by my feet, which prompted me to look toward the foot of the bed. I then saw a translucent dull colored greyish mist slowly coming toward us. I looked at my girlfriend and told her, "Don't be afraid, but there is something that I want you to see." She turned her head to where I was looking at and I felt her hands tighten their grip on my arm. She asked me, "What is that?" I said, "I don't know." And I told her again, don't be afraid. I felt the grip of her hands relax around my arm.

We watched the mist in silence. As it continued to come toward us, slowly it changed shape, expanding even more in all directions. I could no longer see my legs nor of my girlfriend from the knees down. I turned on my right side and my girlfriend embraced me. We no longer looked at the mist, but stared into each other's eyes. I caressed the side of her face gently and again I said softly to her, "Don't be afraid."

The mist almost totally enveloped us, still moving very slowly all around us. My girlfriend then said, "I can hardly see you." As she said this I could no longer see her as well. In that moment I could no longer feel her arms around me. Everything was very quiet. No sound, just a swirling of dull colors which suddenly grew brighter. A vibrating sensation went throughout my body then everything turned pitch black.

When I was able to see again, I saw that I was laying on my right side and my girlfriend was laying on her back. I was looking at my girlfriend, she seemed asleep, when she quickly just sat up. The movement seemed very unnatural, almost like a puppet being jerked upright. She turned her head downward to look at me. She looked at me in a rather curious way almost like if she didn't recognize me. We looked at each other in silence. Then she slid down to the foot of the bed in a rather peculiar manner, stood up and walked toward the door. As I watched her walk away, I noticed she seemed taller and the sound of her bare feet on the wood floor seemed very heavy and hard.

After a few minutes I was able to get up. I felt weak for some reason. I found my girlfriend asleep downstairs in the living room sofa breathing very deeply. I sat next to her and just watched her sleep. That day we never spoke about what had happened to us, nor told anyone of our experience.

Years later, though we are no longer together and she is now married, we talked of it. Something had happened to us, created a bond we just accepted without question.

This is my experience and if there are others who have had a similar experience like mine I would like to know of them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SinAngel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-02-23)
If, because of this, you formed such a bond, why did you not talk of it for years until after she had left you and married someone else. Not sure I'd want a bond like that. I would have questioned her like a prosecuting attorney would the original zodiac (if they could ever get him) I don't care if she liked it or not. I mean...nuuuuuu...I'd be getting some answers right then and there!
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-07)
Why get up and walk out? Was she possessed? Did she know what she was doing? FIRST you should be afraid as some spirits can be harmful. I would of left the room with her. For the other comments if he did mess with am ouija or tarot cards he would of said so.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-05)
When I was a teenager I went camping with my friends in my hometown here in Ireland. We pitched the tent under the "hanging" tree in the old castle grounds. We were sitting outside the tent around mid-night just chatting, and then we saw something that looked exactly like someone with a sheet over their head a short distance away... And then it turned into this grey mist getting larger in size and changing in it's shape as it slowly moved toward us... It was fascinating to watch but also terrifying to me, as I thought oh my god it's going to envelope us... And we ran for our lives. That was in 1986.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
SinAngel,

I encountered a mist once with my boyfriend. We were hugging in a hospital parking lot at night, right after his mom passed away.

The mist formed out of nowhere, in August in the desert of southern Nevada. It enveloped us and I was filled with peace and I knew it was his mom saying goodbye to us. I watched as the mist left us and went up in the air by the parking lot light and dispersed.

I can still picture it to this day, some 30 years later.
SinAngel (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
Hello properperspective, Questions: -

1. Do you or your girlfriend have a history of using tarot cards, Ouija boards, grimoires, meditations, or any other occultic/esoteric methods and means? My ex girl friend was only into Dancing and music. As far as I ever saw she didn't dabble into anything that you mentioned, pretty down to earth type of girl, as for me I wasn't into any of those thing's you listed, though I have meditated since I was very young I was a bundle of energy growing up. So it helped me focus, the only ouija board I ever saw was at a halloween party we gave, we had all types of prop's for the party. But that was it.

2. Did you and/or your friend tamper with any of the above? At the halloween party we all joked around with the things, but all in fun nothing serious.

3. Are any members of your or her family involved in any of the aforementioned activities, or have a history of doing so? My ex girl friend's family were of roman catholic and christian upbringing, I never saw nor heard of anything strange about them. My parents and family are the same. I have a uncle who is a freemason and has a amazing collection of book's when he would go to europe, I would house watch and stay at his home, and browse through his collection, but that is all. Hope this help's and thank you...
SinAngel (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
Hello OCGirl, to answer your question and I know it may seem strange, but we didn't discuss it at all, we went on with our day as if nothing had ever happened to us. Let me clarify something for you, though we didn't discuss with each other our experience, I had full recollection of what had happened that morning to us. But for some reason, we just never brought it up as a topic of conversation. A year ago she became a christian pastor, and in one of our conversation's dealing with spirituality and faith, she paused and looked into my eye's and asked me "Do you still see it, the Mist?"...i simply said,'yes I Do'
properperspective (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-27)
Hello SinAngel,
To help further my research, would you be able to answer some questions which I will pose to you here, where are: -

However, there are some questions which need to be answered.

Questions: -

1. Do you or your girlfriend have a history of using tarot cards, Ouija boards, grimoires, meditations, or any other occultic/esoteric methods and means?

2. Did you and/or your friend tamper with any of the above?

3. Are any members of your or her family involved in any of the aforementioned activities, or have a history of doing so?

I thank you if you can further the results of my ongoing research.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
Hello SinAngel:

Thank you for sharing your story. Personally I've never experienced or heard of anything like that. Sounds scary. I'm curious though, why did you not talk about it right after it happened, but did so many years later?
SinAngel (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
Hello Sanchez_92,I don't Know why the mist enveloped us within it. It would be a disservice I think on my part, to other's who may have had a similar experience and are trying to come to term's with their own personal experience's, if I begin to speculate on what I think may have been the cause of the event. The truth is I Dont know. I was very calm and relaxed, I was not afraid at all. There was something familiar about what was happening to us. And for some reason I was compelled, to reassure my girlfriend and to tell her to not be afraid. One of the thing's that I left out from my posting, is that a few hour's had passed before I regained consciousness. We never spoke about it at all, we went on as if nothing had happened that morning. Thank you for your comment sanchez_92
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
Whoa, I'm literally speechless. If I saw my boyfriend acting that way I would of panicked especially if he looked taller and looking at me as if he did not know me.
What did you think might of caused the mist to cover you both up? What was going through your mind when it was occurring?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: