You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ice Cream Truck Makes A Return Visit

Real Ghost Stories

The Ice Cream Truck Makes A Return Visit

 

It's happening again. I knew when I started writing my stories down, going through them in my mind, talking about them, acknowledging things that happened in the past, that somehow it would make them strong again. I know that sounds crazy even somewhat dramatic but I also know that is what seems to have happen through out my life.

Between April 2011 and April 2016, we didn't really have much happen aside from things missing and shadow men. Definitely nothing major. For the most part we did not talk about anything going on. We simply did not acknowledge the minor 'things'.

May 6, 2016

My youngest daughter came to me this morning to tell me about something that happened to her last night.

E got up at 2:36 to go to the bathroom. While she was in the hall bathroom she heard a weird noise. At first it sounded like tink, tink, clack clack then there was music. She said it sounded like an ice cream truck coming down the hallway. Extremely loud. She waited until the sound died down to open the bathroom door. As she stepped out into the hall it began again. Only softly. She said she ran to her room and slammed the door. She could hear it advancing down the hall. She put ear buds in and turned her music up. She stayed up the rest of the night.

While she says the notes were discernible, she didn't recognize the tune. (We're researching ice cream truck tunes.) So far we have not found any that have the music she heard.

E is not the daughter who heard the ice cream truck in our hallway (along with me) in 2009. That was my oldest daughter, S.

(A few days after logging this event in my journal, I sent out a suggestion of the ice cream truck to 3 of the members here. So far one person has let me know (in a roundabout way) they picked up on my mental suggestion. I am beyond tickled.)

Other hauntings by yomomma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, yomomma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-05)
Hi OCGirl, thanks for reading my story. It could be a music box. Guess we should broaden our search. Thanks for the idea.
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-02)
Hello Yomamma:

Two great stories, back to back! I have a thought about the music, E said it sounds like an ice cream truck but perhaps it's a music box that someone used to and still can play with it. Maybe that's why it sounds so similar but you're unable to match up the tune.

Just a thought. Thanks for sharing.
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
Hi Spockie! Interesting theory, thanks for reading my story
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-25)
I am wondering if the ice cream truck memory is actually an implanated cover memory for what really happened... Perhaps a UFO abduction experience? Just a thought.
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
Hey Tweed! Yep you were one. I can't begin to tell you how elated I was when you made that comment on my Doppelgangers story. I wanted to tell you but didn't want to give it away because I was still waiting on the other two. (Still am). Thank you for reading my story and for reading my mind. 😁
yomomma (11 stories) (81 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
Woo Pig! Wish-Not, you might be on to something there. E often questioned why she had not heard the ice cream truck the first time. Much like I'm questioning how I didn't hear it this time. Thanks for reading my story.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
yomomma- It would seem the story continues. What came to my mind is a "rite of passage" type thing. Weird I know but maybe E was due her turn. Just an odd thought.

Waiting for the next. 😁

Woo Pig! (it's an Arkansas thing)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-23)
Ha!Yeah, that was me!😲
Usually I read submissions in order their posted but I just HAD to skip to this one when I read the title.

Here's my comment from months ago, I'm trying to concentrate on a doppelganger topic but couldn't:
"Hi Yomomma,

I don't know why but I can't shake the feeling all these doppelgangers are connected to that ice cream truck that woke ya'll one night. I wish I knew why I think that, but I don't lol, it's just a hunch.
Umm, you don't have to answer this, it's more for you think about than anything. Was there any unpleasantness in any of your lives around the times these happened? Or anything positive? There's something about multiple people experiencing this at given times that makes me wonder about, not so much alternate dimension, but an alternate outcome to something which impacted everyone in the house.

I really wish I knew why this made me think of that damn ice cream truck! Oh well [Laugh]"
(taken from 'ere: http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23483)

--
But regarding this submission.

In both ice cream truck encounters it's happened at around 2:30-ish am. So at least it's punctual. 😉
Apart from humourous quips I got nothing. This is truly bizarre. Fingers crossed it's a paranormal joyride, that I would love.

Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: