You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Meeting My Great Grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

Meeting My Great Grandmother

 

So I'm not really sure where to fit my experiences. I'm currently 27 years old and lived in Portugal all my life.

My first ghost encounter (and only real sighting) was my great grandmother. I was at my grandmother's place with her and my mother and we were following my grandmother to her bedroom. For that, we have to walk through a corridor (more on this corridor and her house in other stories), then there's 1 room to the left and another to the right and only then is my grandmother's room in front of an office (it belonged to my grandfather before they divorced).

I was 4 or 5 by then and I saw someone lying in the bed of the room to the left. I went in and I talked to her. I really don't remember what she said but the only thing I remember from that time is that the next day, I didn't stop crying because I knew she was dead.

Eleven years later, I was chatting with my mother and she was telling me my family's history. When she came by the story of my great grandmother, I told her I knew her and I even told her my great grandmother's name. My mother was utterly surprised and asked me how I knew it and I laughed and told her about that encounter. My mother just stared at me and told me she died before I was born. She started asking me questions about her (because she was her favourite family member) and I told her all I knew.

I couldn't have known her name from anywhere else since no one ever told me my family's history and my grandmother always referred to her as "mother" and my mother as "grandmother". By that time, I was also starting my journey on paranormal experiences and my mother helped me out a LOT to get my mind around all that was happening.

I'm not the only family member that has a connection to "the others" (I don't know how to call them) since my brother and mother can see them but I have another ability: apparently I sense people around me. I can't really explain (and would love if someone could) but it's like I can feel the spirits of the people around me. It's like I know how they are positioned even if I'm not seeing/hearing them. It started as a joke for my friends that would mock me for that but it turned out I also sense people who aren't there. I got proof that it's not just my imagination a couple years ago and I'll post those section of stories later on.

Other hauntings by chaoscontroler

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chaoscontroler, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

parascholar (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-01)
Thank you for sharing your story. What I find most interesting is that you experienced this when you was a child. There is so much theory that indicates children are more 'open' to communication with spirits.

Warm Regards,
The Paranormal Scholar
Cutepotatoe (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-29)
You're so lucky! Even tho its tough you're a gifted person! ❤
chaoscontroler (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-28)
Gina Fowler as I said, I don't really remember in detail what happened but her name, her face and the situation around it. And until my grandmother got sick, she used to visit my great-grandmother's grave and she'd sometimes take me there but I don't know if she ever took me with her to the moment the story happened (I was 4 or 5 so I don't have many memories prior to that).
GinaFowler (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
chaoscontroler: I have a question as well, if you can remember. When you spoke to your Great-Grandmother, did she seem to know who you were? Also, had you ever visited her grave?
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
Oh dear sorry chaoscontroller
I wanted to write 'its good that you shared "your" story ', but I typed our story instead of your story, I hope you understand. It was typos mistake.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
Hi you are welcome, it's nice that you have shared our experience here. It's good. After joining YGS I realised one thing seeing other things or spirits is actually a blessing. It's because we can help some or they can help some. They are sometimes good sometimes they just need to crossever. I and my sister no longer get frightened on seeing them. We became strong after reading YGS.
Hence I request YGS to keep publishing. In other way it let's us know about different cultures. There way to deal with them, their country rules.
chaoscontroler (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
Actually that's the only part I remember. My mother and grandmother have the same name and she has a different one. Also I only know her first name but I have no idea of the rest of her name either. Her name, face and our encounter are all I can remember of her.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-24)
Hello chaoscontroler, welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience. May be it is just that you are sensitive to paranormal presence, sightings. It is nice that you had a sighting of your great grandmother and that you also spoke to her. Try to use your ability to help others and that would be quite noble.

You said that you don't remember what you have spoken to your great grandmother but how did you remember her name and all when nobody spoke about her? Just a question.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: