You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Ghost With A Personal Grudge Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost With A Personal Grudge Part 2

 

Jon and I moved from TX to West Allis in January of 2010 into a two bedroom, two-bathroom apartment which was probably the nicest apartment we have lived at so far since we started living together in 2002.

Within the first week of living there I was already getting a feeling that made me very uncomfortable, yet very familiar regarding the possibility of a presence of a paranormal nature. It made me feel like we were not completely alone even when I was the only one in the apartment. It was always making me feel like I was being watched by something, but I knew that if I were to do a walk through that there would be nothing or no one that I would find because no "person" was actually there. I had felt this feeling many times throughout my life ever since I was about 6 years old or so, and I would KNOW that feeling from anywhere! It's a very distinct feeling once you have personally experienced it.

About 4 months into the lease, the emotional tension started to get noticeably worse within our family. I noticed that we were not happy like we were when we first moved into the apartment. Also, I noticed that Jon and I were fighting a lot more often than we ever had throughout the entire 10 years of our relationship. The fights were always about minor things that normally wouldn't have been anything to get upset about. The tension was getting so bad that when we were home from work, instead of spending that time together as a family and a couple, we were spending time doing our own thing in separate rooms, and making it a point to try and NOT get in each other's way because 80% of the time we DID end up crossing one another's path, a fight would eventually be the outcome. The vibe when you walked into the apartment started getting really uncomfortable and very intense. Whenever we would spend time away from the apartment our moods were almost instantly improved and it was as if we were back to our old selves again.

At 6 months into the lease, the paranormal experiences started escalating from minor events such as walking down the hall from the bathroom into my bedroom and all of a sudden hearing a noise coming from the direction I just walked by only to find that the closet door that was shut moments before had now been wide open. Or shutting the TV off in the living room before I was getting ready to go somewhere, and having it turn itself back on as I was walking out the door was another example of some of the harmless yet concerning things it would do.

Before too long things took a very dramatic turn. It went from having little things happening that were unexplainable, but were really quite harmless, to a whole different level of terrifying events that I would have never imagined was even possible. It was at the point where there was at least one incident per day or night. It was moving items right in front of my eyes as if making sure it was drawing enough attention to make itself known rather than doing things that most people would still try to convince themselves had a logical explanation, even though deep down they knew better. It was now interfering with my ability to continue with whatever activity I would be doing to the point where ignoring the unexplainable events was no longer an option. If I tried to ignore it, it would only intensify whatever it was doing to scare me until I would drop what I was doing and leave the area I was at because I was so terrified not knowing what it was capable of or how far it was willing to go to feed off of the fear.

The presence had become extremely hostile and seemed to be trying to make a statement, or give me a message that it expected me to not just understand and comply with whatever it was trying to accomplish. The problem was, I had no idea what it wanted from me. My best guess was to wear me down psychologically, emotionally, and physically while destroying any amount of love and happiness I had left inside of me as well as attacking the other members in my family.

It was as if its final goal was to totally destroy the love my family once had towards one another while at the same time targeting each one of us individually. It would do this by altering our moods and our state of minds to the point where we felt nothing except negative emotions. It was getting to the point where we all felt emotionally depressed, angry, sad, and completely hopeless. The more I tried to deal with the presence by experimenting with different solutions such as praying and displaying symbols of God, or burning sage to try and cleanse the apartment, the angrier and more aggressive its reactions were becoming. It would react by causing more strain and tension within the household environment, as well as my family's emotional roller coaster, and at this time we had seemed to unfortunately only made things worse.

I would be out in the living room sitting on the couch while Nick and Jon were laying in the bedroom watching a movie to try and get Nick to fall asleep and I swear I heard Jon talking to Nick clear as day. I walked in the bedroom to grab something and remind them how late it was getting, only to find them both sound asleep with the TV on that blue screen it goes to after the movie is over and the DVD player automatically shuts itself off, but the TV stays on. I can't tell you how many times that happened. I could have told you the full conversations that I swore they were having with each other only to find out they have been sleeping for the past 2 hours! It was definitely their voices, no doubt in my mind. It was starting to mimic our voices just as easy as it was for it to control or change the mood or emotional state of mind we were in whenever we were home. That was when I realized my situation in the apartment was a lot more harmful then I originally thought it could be, or hoped for that matter.

I started seeing those "shadow figures" out of the corner of my eyes, or run by the doorways but would be gone right as I went to turn my head to see their details. It was getting more and more intense with more and more activity as the weeks went by. Closets located right in the hallway in front of the bathroom door on the main bedroom side of the bathroom would be wide open when I knew I had shut them. After reshutting them I would walk into the living room only to hear them open by themselves and sure enough, when I walked over to see what the noise was, the closet door would be wide open again.

FINALLY, came the last straw. One morning I woke up by myself because Jon had the day off and I was going to start getting ready for work. So I jumped into the shower at about 7:30am. Nick was sleeping in the middle of Jon and I and I had gotten out of the shower at about 7:45. I opened the bathroom door with my towel wrapped around my body because I had all my clothes all laid out on the ironing board in the bedroom by the closet next to the bed where Jon and Nick were still fast asleep.

All of a sudden I felt the hairs on my neck stand straight on end because something was watching me. I felt it was coming from the direction of where Jon was asleep in the bed. So I turned around and looked at him. I noticed that his eyes were open, and staring me down with a face and look that didn't even look like his own. It was as if somehow his actual facial structure and shape had been corrupted and contorted. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the words strong enough to describe the way his face had changed physically, but at the same time stayed the same (sorry if I'm confusing you). That grin on his was so intimidating, as if the emotional feelings of pure evil were literally seeping out at me. Definitely without a doubt, one of the most terrifying things I had ever seen, and one of the most threatening feelings I had ever felt.

At first I was hoping that he was awake and messing with me, even though it was plainly obvious that something wasn't right based on the strange physical change with the way his face looked, combined with the total change in the vibes throughout the room. So I started talking to him and asking him questions. I think about it now and it was almost as if I was trying to trick it into thinking that I was ignoring what was happening by engaging in a routine conversation. When he wasn't responding, that's when I stepped closer to get a better look at whether he was really awake and just screwing with me.

As I got closer, I noticed he definitely wasn't awake and suddenly his eyes rolled back white and then they shut. I was standing right beside the bed and with a blink of my eye his face went back to looking normal again, eyes closed, sleeping perfectly peaceful.

I started to continue getting dressed and going back and forth between doing my makeup and hair in the bathroom and grabbing my things from the bedroom for work when I glanced over at Jon only to find that same face staring me down again with that evil grin again. This time I walked from one side of the room to the other to see if maybe he was sleeping with his eyes open which he has done plenty of times in the past (I used to think he was tricking me when his eyes were open while he was asleep until our son was born and does the same thing sometimes. It's the weirdest thing!). Not the case at all. That evil face that replaced his own was following me from one side of the room to the other grinning so inhumanly and terrifyingly hateful that this time I had to physically wake him up to get him face back to his normal look.

Whatever was looking at me made me worry about leaving for work that morning. I kept questioning myself on the way to work as to whether or not my son was safe at home knowing that whatever was in that apartment was strong enough to physically change Jon's personality, as well as his own physical appearance (to an extent anyway) at this point. Obviously Jon would NEVER hurt our son, but what worried me was not "Jon". Even though he appeared to be himself again with no recollection or explanation for the occurrence before I left for work that morning, I was terrified of the possibilities of what else it had in store for us in the future if we kept trying to cure the problem with the whole "ignore it and eventually it will get bored and go away" solution. Obviously that wasn't even an option I had control over anymore. There was no way I was going to be able to hide the type of fear I was feeling on a constant level EVERYDAY at this point.

Things continued to get worse between Jon and I. Even our 2yr old son Nicolas wasn't his usual "happy go lucky kid with not a worry in the world" anymore because he was obviously witnessing, as well as emotionally feeling, the negative tension throughout the entire apartment. There was absolutely no escaping that constant heavy feeling in the air no matter where you were throughout our home. I would pull into our parking lot of the apartment complex after work and I would just sit in my car, silent, completely dreading going back into my so called "home", sometimes as long as an hour after I had pulled into the parking lot. Jon would call me and ask what I was doing in the car for so long.

Finally, our one-year lease was up and by then we had already put a deposit payment on a different place so the owner would hold the rental property for us so we didn't have to stay one month longer then we had made an agreement to. After we moved out and things between our family slowly but finally got back to where we actually enjoyed being around each other again instead of looking for every excuse in the book to make sure we didn't cross paths in fear of starting another vicious fight that neither one of us could even tell you what we were even fighting about.

It was only after we noticed that there was a night and day difference in the emotional environment at the new home that Jon and I started to talk about our individual unexplainable experiences and theories about what had happened over the last year. We felt like it was as if we had lost an entire year living in that apartment. The entire experience is almost an absolute fog. Thank God we were lucky and ambitious enough to have only allowed whatever evil that dwelled in that place only steal one year of our lives instead of completely ruining our family permanently.

Other hauntings by Aries_fire

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aries_fire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-20)
Aries_fire,

Even though this is your experience the 'Spirit Guide' topic is not 'part' of the experience you have shared here... Please feel free to e-mail me at the addie provided on my profile and I will do my best to answer your questions, or refer you to someone who can.

Respectfully,

Rook
Aries_fire (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-13)
Rook

Thank you very much for referring me to your instructions on the cleansing process. I will definitely keep you posted and updated on the matter once I get started tomorrow.

After reading the information on your profile I noticed that you mentioned that you have information on the subjects of "Spirit Guides". This is something I have been trying to find out more information about what they are assigned to do for us, how they can help, and how to make contact with them so they can answer some of the questions I have read we are able to ask them such as who they are etc... I hope I'm not being a burden or annoying you with my questions, and don't feel as if I expect an answer from you immediately. If you are busy helping others who are going through tough situations then by all means respond to their needs first.

As always your help is much appreciated.

Thanks Again*
Aries
Aries_fire (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
Thank you VERY MUCH! I really appreciate your help. I will definitely check out your profile after work today and I will let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks Again
Aries
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
Aries_fire,

Yup, got advice for a Cleansing, that I do.

Please check my Profile for a detailed, insert your belief system of choice into the 'ritual' recipe that I have developed over the years.

I use it for my own home and other members of YGS have tried it and found it useful. Yours only for the low, low price of... Wait for it...NOTHING, it's absolutely free. Just click on my name and scroll down my profile until you see:

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete) "

Then simply follow the instructions provided.

***Caution USE AT YOUR OWN RISK***

Use of cleansing method may result in an uptick of activity due to Negative Energies/Spirits/Entities Resisting Removal or Positive ones not understanding what is happening. It is recommended that you speak out loud to any Positive Energies/Spirits/Entities during the first application so they may better understand what is happening.

Use only as directed, ask any questions you may have BEFORE attempting to use. Repeat as necessary.
***************

Respectfully,

Rook
Aries_fire (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-12)
Red
To be honest the thought about trying to leave the lease early never was an option due to the fact that Jon wasn't working at the time and our financial situation was not near what we needed it to be. There is one thing that came to mind but I didn't think much of it until you brought up the neighbors. The people that lived above us were SERIOUS RECLUSES! One of Jon and my fights started because EVERY SINGLE NIGHT I would here a phone go off on vibration mode to the point where I thought he had a second phone he was hiding behind my back to cheat on me as I was unusually paranoid about this at that place. So one night I threw it in his face and started looking under the bed, under the mattress, until we finally realized it was coming from upstairs. For the next couple nights after that we listened for it and it was going off at exactly 2:45am. Then every night at 3:15 we would hear him run the bath. Then he was quiet the rest of the night. Maybe he was doing devil worshipping or something. It was a younger man about 25 and an older man about 65 that lived together. We never talked to them the entire year we lived there. At the time it didn't even cross my mind that they could have been causing the problem.

Rook:
Thank you so much for all your advice! I totally understand your directions. The only thing I have to get more information on is how to do a PROPER cleansing. I have always just burned sage and spread it around each room without saying anything. Any advice thete?

Again thank you all for your comments. All advice and point of views are ALWAYS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. Hope to chat soon.

Aries
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Aries_fire

When things started to escalate why didn't you tell your land lord there was something wrong with the apartment? You wouldn't have to say you had a ghost, you could tell him you are getting migraines or some other medical excuse. If he didn't let you out of the lease you should have talked to the neighbors to find out if they had any information such as was there a murder in your apartment. This has to be disclosed in most states. I know that I wouldn't stay in a place that something natural or supernatural that is causing problems for me.

Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Aries_fire,

First we must determine if you are truly being followed OR if you are just 'sensing' HIGH levels of EMF.

It is MY OPINION that spirits/ghosts/non-human entities are comprised of 'Intelligent EMF'.

The good points of this theory are:

1) Can be detected by tools that measure EMF.

2) Can be detected by individuals who are sensitive to EMF.

3) Changing the 'polarity' of their energy source (I.E. From negative to positive, or vice versa) they can be 'removed'.

Downsides can be:

1) Not being able to detect them due to them not having a energy source to draw from.

2) Sensitives who can 'detect' them can often be mistaken and what is really being felt is a 'natural/non-paranormal' source of EMF, something like poorly shielded wiring in a home, or an older home with wiring that is 'less' insulated that todays.

3) Telling the difference between Natural and 'Spirit' EMF.

Many of the things a sensitive experiences when they feel the presence of a spirit 'match' what is experienced when someone sensitive to High LEVEL'S OF natural EMF... Those being: (not listed in any particular order) Feeling of being watched, nervous for no 'obvious reasons'. Nauseous, Headaches, and even Rashes may be caused by a sensitivity to Natural EMF. The presence of a Spirit is often described as having some/all of these 'feelings/symptoms'. This makes it hard to tell between the two.

However your next question, about 'how' to contact a 'spirit' and communicate with it can go a LONG way in helping to determine if what is being felt is 'Natural EMF' or the actual presence of a spirit.

I would first protect myself and my home (ie: cleanse and shield) before beginning. Then I would start a Journal and record my 'feelings' and actions taken or events that happen in/around the home or 'myself'. Document a EMF 'walk thru, take an EMF meter and measure the EMF level's in every room of the home, record these as a base line. Next take a digital recorder and your EMF meter and attempt an EVP session... More than one in fact, record EVERYTHING in the Journal (was a response received, if so what was said, what time of day was it, what was the weather like (include humidity and Barometric Pressure), Was there any change to the EMF level's in each room you attempted to communicate in?

In attempting all of this you should be able to determine if it is just 'Natural EMF' that you are reacting to or, if communication is established, a spirit is actually around.

I hope that wasn't to long and that it makes some sort of sense... Without proper documentation it is so hard to establish what may be happening 'to' or 'around' us.

Please ask any other questions you may have. I will do my best to answer, or at least direct you to where answers may be found.

Respectfully,

Rook
Aries_fire (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-10)
You are absolutely right... I should have totally used a different name. I do have a couple questions about some things that I was hoping maybe you might have any info about. I have felt that "being watched" feeling for most my life and I am pretty sure that I have a follower. It's not a demon or negative or anything but I feel like it's been everywhere with me... Even when I have had disturbing experiences with other supernatural beings, I have been able to feel it's vibe and I can tell the difference... Anyway my question is how do I go about trying to communicate with it to see why it's always around? Thanks for your input as always and I hope to hear from you soon 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-10)
Aries_fire,

I am at a loss to see where this 12 month long experience has anything to do with the experience you had in Texas. They seem very different.

Having said that:

This experience sounds almost like a 'text book' oppression that happens when a Malevolent Spirit or Demon is trying to wear down an individual (s) to the point of possession. However this spirit was having a hard time determining 'the weakest link'. I am very happy that you only signed a 12 month lease and had the wherewithal to actually move out at the end of it.

Have you ever looked into the history of property where this occurred... Not just the fact the Apartments were built in xxxx, but the history of the land and what (if anything) had been built there before?

Thanks for sharing.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: