You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: 3 Knocks And Something New

Real Ghost Stories

3 Knocks And Something New

 

I have been sharing my story for years and never thought about posting it for others to read. Last night I had something unusual happen in addition to what has been happening over the course of about 20 years so I decided to share with a friend at work who has not been apart of my stories in the past. He suggested I look up this website and post, so here I am.

About 20 years ago while home with my 2 year old son, I had what I believe to be my first encounter. My son had walked into the kitchen where I was and while I took 30 seconds to walk into the living room, upon my return he was standing on the counter. There were no chairs around the counter, as well as all of the cabinets were locked with a child safety device. He could not tell me how he arrived to where he was standing and I was so concerned with his safety I did not even think about how he actually climbed up there. After a few minutes of shock I began to think about how this could have happened and came up with nothing. Over the course of the next few years I realized I was not alone even when I was by myself.

My wife and I do not sleep together because we both snore. Over the next 6 years, while living in Kissimmee, Florida I slept on the couch and she took the bedroom. During this time while sleeping on the couch, on numerous occasions I was awoken by the sound of 3 knocks on what appeared to be a window or door. I cannot remember whether I opened a door or not on any occasion but I do know that it was a very real and convincing knock that was always in rhythm and always only 3 knocks. A few times it had happened on consecutive nights but nothing consistent.

We then built a home in Saint Cloud, Florida. The knocks did not stop but I did have one of the most strangest things happen to me that I still cannot figure out.

I woke up one morning (while sleeping by myself in my bedroom) and found a very deep "cat like" scratch on the inner part of my thigh. Problem number one is that my bedroom door was locked and problem number two is that I do not own a cat. I tried to reenact the scratch by using my own fingernails and failed to do so. The way I sleep would make it impossible for me to scratch myself like that and even if I could, I tried to scratch myself to match the scratch I woke up and could not even come close. The scratch that was left on my thigh was there for about 9 months. I showed a few friends but in hindsight I should have taken a few pictures. It was unreal.

After a few years I relocated with my job to Louisville, Kentucky which is where I reside now. Once again the knocks came with me and the latest occurred about two months ago but last night I had something happen that trumps all of the above.

While standing in my bathroom door in my bedroom last night and watching a Little League baseball game on ESPN, I witnessed my work desk I have in the bedroom lift up about 1 inch and then drop back to the floor. This happened two feet in front of me. I did not get scared or jump up and down but instead stood there in disbelief. I then went to understand what could have caused this other than what has been historically following me around for the last 20 years. My chair was not close to the desk, the desk was not up against the wall just in case anything hit the house hard to move the desk (I was reaching for something with that one). I then thought I did not see what I thought until I looked at the water bottle I had on my desk and it was still moving.

These are things I cannot explain. I am a very simple man who has been married for 26 years and have a great family (one son is a police officer, another just graduated college and my youngest is 13 and a very smart young man). I have a great job and have been employed with them for the last 19 years in a prominent leadership position. I am not crazy and I go to church as much as possible and consider myself an educated man but I can not figure this out.

I welcome any comments, questions and/or solutions to what I am dealing with.

Thanks all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bigpapa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

saher (4 stories) (52 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-03)
Hello,

Never open the door when there is 3 knocks. 3 knocks in a rhythm is said to be evil. If you open the door at that very moment it might harm you or enter the house. Please do not open the door at that moment.
Stay Blessed 😊
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-22)
I basically agree with a lot of what's already been put out there as potential theories but when it comes to the question of 'is it good' vs 'is it bad' - I don't think the significance of the three knocks has as much to do with the verdict as the fact that it scratched you rather badly. That seems aggressive to me. And whereas toddlers do the darndest things and manage to get themselves into the most unimaginable spots - if it was, in fact, the entity that put your son up there, that wasn't an action done with a mind towards the safety of the child. I don't think this thing is good but I don't think it's truly evil either and certainly not overly powerful - it seems like a mischievous little thing out to get its own kicks and lash out in petty ways when it gets frustrated. You seem to have kept a level head about things - not given it any negative energy to feed on - my suggestion would be to carry on as you have but if you get tired of it, try Rook's cleansing method:)
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-19)
Hello Bigpapa
Welcome to YGS

Being from Lexington, Ky. I have to ask
Cats or Cards?
(Other members may not understand that but I know you will. LOL

Very interesting
For me personally the fact you got 3 knocks means nothing.
I am alive and well and certainly not demonic and I always knock
3 times on someones door. I also think a lot of people do.
I have said before on this site that sometime ago on what I'll
Refer to as "Hollywood Paranormal" a "lead investigator"
(That means he bought the groups T shirts and came up with the groups name)
Stated that 3 of anything is mocking the Holy Trinity and therefore demonic
And it seems to have stuck. Not sure why other than it sounded plausible.

It could have been a spirit trying to get your attention.
In the spirit world, just as in our physical world, some are better at some things and not so good at others. Some can do better making "knocks", others
By talking, some by sending scents, some by communicating through your dreams.
It is very difficult for them to get our attention and use what works best for them.

If it were me I wouldn't worry too much about it but keep us informed if
Things pick up.

Best to you
Randy
dkoda (1 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2016-09-18)
3 knocks in the spirit world is ungodly and evil
For some reason, it wants to get your attention.
It probably put your son on top of the table to protect
Him from any harm of anything in the child's reach
It is contacting you for some reason.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Bigpapa,
I'm with Biblio's advise as he's already said most of what I would have.
The desk moving, and the scratch are quite different than the knocks, so I would wonder if it's a different energy all together. Along with talking to other family members, I'd suggest keeping a journal to see if you can ferret out some pattern. Researching the history of where you now live would not be a bad idea either.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-11)
Hello Bigpapa, I am with the crowd on this one... Maybe this is someone who has passed on who was very close to you? They maybe trying to warn you of something that is going to happen? I don't know but I would be very aware of my surroundings etc. Spirit knows of things that will happen before we do.
MysteryResearch (23 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-10)
The suggestions are all right on, in my opinion, someone is trying to tell you something. But what? Maybe someone wants more attention... Someone who feels that they were locked out of your bedroom and replaced with a work table, maybe?
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-10)
Hi Bigpapa,

Thanks for sharing these odd events, I really enjoyed this.
Don't have much else to add to what everyone has suggested. But wanted to quickly reiterate what Coolan said about the knocking. We also have this happen sometimes, mostly it's a means of letting us know they're there. I like the idea of alerting you to something too.
About the desk lifting I wondered if someone was trying to move it away from something or perhaps a power cord was crinkled. Something like that.

Thanks again for sharing. 😊
coolan (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-10)
Hi there! I've not left many comments on this site but felt compelled to on your story.

I think this is a loved one letting you know they are around. Grabbing your attention. I remember a medium saying to me that when things like this happen it's either because you need the comfort or because they are trying to warn you of something. Not necessarily anything bad just, hey have you noticed this. Or you need to notice this. Have you noticed a pattern when these disturbances happen? Anyone new came into your life around the same times? Anyone you feel slightly dodgey about? I mention this as a friend of mine constantly had knocking in her loft with no reasonable explanation, she hired a medium and low and behold the medium found drugs that my friends son had been selling from the house. Turns out the spirit was trying to warn her of what was going on.

Anyway I've rambled. Sorry
DandelionQueen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Hi Bigpapa, thanks for your story! I too am a mature, professional grown-up person who doesn't really get why these things keep happening to me, so I relate to your comments.:)

Regarding the story about your son, I am curious - was there anything in the room that could have been perceived as a hazard to your son? I ask, because your story reminds me of something that happened to someone I know. She told me that her young son was in the bath one evening, when she stepped out of the room for a few seconds to retrieve something. A moment after she'd left the room she heard a resounding crash and rushed back to see what it was. What she found was terrifying: the ancient (and apparently not shatter-proof) glass shower door had slipped off its track and completely shattered; the tub was full of jagged shards of glass. But her son was no longer in the tub! She turned around, and was shocked to find him standing a few feet away, unscathed. She didn't think he could climb out on his own, especially in those few short seconds, so she asked him how he did it. Very seriously he replied, "I didn't - Nanny lifted me out". He was speaking about his grandmother, who had passed away a few months before.

So basically, I think that small children have lots of guardians - loving older relatives who have passed on, but are still watching out for the little ones in the family. Even if there was no real danger, could an overly cautious ancestor have whisked him up there to keep him away from, say, a hot stove, a drawer with sharp knives, or maybe a pet that could have bitten or scratched? What do you think?
TriGirl89 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Hey Bigpapa, have your family ever experienced anything and have you ever told them about what's happened to you? I suspect maybe its too long ago for your son to remember being put on the counter but it could be worth asking if he has any recollection.

It sounds a bit like it's trying to get your attention. Was there anyone in your family who died that you were close to? I like the suggestion Biblio makes that maybe they are trying to let you know they are still around.

I also second Biblio that it could be trying to get a bit more attention than it currently gets. Have you noticed any trend when the events happen that something sets it off to do something a bit more noticeable than just knocking?

Best wishes from the UK!
BeagleMom (3 stories) (84 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-09)
Back in the day... Say late 60's early 70's I read everything I could on the paranormal. In my studies I have read that knocks, rapping and noises of that sort were not unusual in hauntings. However, raps in succession of 3 usually seem to be a prediction of a death in the family, or of someone you were acquainted with.
I also remember the ladies of my childhood neighborhood (having coffee with my Mom) talking about 3 knocks on a door or window meaning something bad was going to happen to you or someone you love.
You didn't mention anyones death, or anything unsettling happening as a result of these raps, but I thought I would throw that out here, since we are musing. Biblio is so logical, I would tend to act on his suggestions!

Good luck with this,
❤ Mother of Beagles
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
Greetings, Bigpapa, and welcome to YGS.

Most of the phenomena you've described are physical interactions. Certainly there are potential ghostly explanations for these events, but they've been occurring for twenty years, so I'd like to point out that there are psychokinetic explanations, too.

You have a very clear, matter-of-fact writing style; you've tried to find natural explanations for the events; and you sound like a pretty responsible, dependable guy. From the way you've presented the narrative, I'd hazard a guess that your prominent position has a lot to do with your people skills (sales, customer service, marketing, that sort of thing) and a high rate of success when negotiating with other people. Now, this is not an off-topic guessing game about your employment, it's to show you that you have a mindset attuned to other people's needs and your ability to provide a solution.

Please take a moment to reflect upon this pattern throughout your life because you seem to be the common factor. If these events only take place when you are at home, surrounded by your family, but never anywhere else, then you may have a guardian spirit of some sort, or a deceased family member who is looking out for you, but wants a little more direct recognition. However, if odd events also occurred to you when you were away from home (at work, attending an out-of-town conference, etc.,) then you're more likely to be the detail tying everything together.

If the second of the two options is more accurate, did you have different experiences before your son was born? Good examples would be 'knowing' facts which had not been taught to you, exceptional guessing abilities as a child, predicting who would visit your home later in the day, that sort of thing. If you had this peculiar knack, and suppressed it because you'd started to worry other kids or your parents, then it's still the same sort of ability, but it's now manifesting by moving things about.

If you did not have to deal with any of the odd phenomena I've suggested in the previous paragraph, then a spirit may be following you or one of your belongings, but interacting with the entire family. If it is attached to you, then your wife would not have any experiences of her own unless you were home; if your wife and/or kids have experiences when you're away, then this is less focused and a more generalized family haunting/phenomenon.

I strongly recommend having a very frank conversation with your family as a group; preferably without anyone from outside the immediate relatives in attendance. Start the ball rolling with, "you've all heard me tell about the time" then ask them if they have ever experienced anything happening when you're not there. If they're all baffled because the answer is "no," you can pass it off as "well, I guess I've been losing my marbles for longer than I realized" or you can sincerely ask them to keep your situation in their prayers because it is causing you some concern. On the other hand, if they all start telling you stories beginning with "the weirdest thing happened," you can take comfort in knowing that your family can consult with your minister and that you are not alone in the weird world of self-propelled desks and noisy window knocking.

Please, if my psychokinetic hypothesis is completely wrong, tell me so; I won't be offended. I've typed this out with the honest hope that one of the two lines of thought will prove useful to you. If your family simply has a deceased loved one looking out for you, your minister may be able to help him or her gently move along.

Please let us know how you get on.

Best,
Biblio.
roylynx (guest)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-08)
Wow, 3 knocks... Why 3? Really, most cases that I research and heard of about ghostly knocks. Any how I have commented this many times but mostly 3 knocks means, "Hello, I am there". 2 knocks means, "Hey you!". 1 knock is "Just passing by".
Most occasions of this type of "haunt" is just a spirit wanting some attention, possibly a child's spirit which in many occasions appears around new born babies to toddlers.
Another theory will be... Well, I know it's really really rude to ask you such question, but did you or did someone in your family have an abortion or a dead child?
It could be someone very close to you and very very young. Just a thought, I am sorry if you are offended.

Blessing from São Paulo

E.Lynx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: