You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lights Off Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Lights Off Demon

 

I live in a duplex house in a hilly region in Hyderabad to which I have moved 4 years ago. Three months after moving I began noticing dark figure running from my kitchen (an open modular kitchen) toward the front room in the night after the lights were turned off. I could not hear any footsteps and I ignored it thinking it was just my imagination.

The next day the same thing happened and I was beginning to get scared and I told my mom about it and she said that all was in my head. This stopped for two nights and I was peacefully sleeping when I was woken up by warm breaths over me. I did not have the courage to open my eyes and it stopped. Slowly opened my eyes and to my horror I could see a dark figure with a tail and horns on my ceiling and I was scared to death and I could not move or shout. I tried but in vain and the figure disappeared. I went to my parents room to sleep and they scolded me that I was a coward.

The next night onwards I slept with lights on and after I went to sleep my mother would come and turn off the lights and I didn't know. But one night I noticed the lights not turned on and went to turn it on. As I left my bed, I could see the figure with tail and horns at the edge of my room staring and I ran outside.

The next morning I cried and told my mom to do a puja in my house and to everyone's surprise the priest refused to enter our house as he said he sensed a presence of something supernatural with negative power and did some rituals and started puja. Ever since there has not been any case of the figure.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rohith1210, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-24)
Amna - People have the right to follow whichever religion they choose. What would your reaction be if I tried to convince you to become Catholic?

Rohith - I am pleased to hear that the priest managed to assist you although I too am curious as to how he performed his rituals without entering the house.

Regards, Melda
TheSkeptic (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-17)
Typical sleep paralysis explains the breathing on your bed and the shadow figure seems to be an over active imagination. Sometimes too many electrical devices in the house can cause these "paranormal" activities.
Scotsguy (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-16)
Hi there. Very interesting your post. I was wondering if you can remember if this thing had a face at all? I only ask as myself have had an experience which years later I've been told was a demon which I thoroughly believe This was a fully visible thing I seen for a good bit of time and reason I ask as this had no face and it was just like a pallid mix of white/grey outline of like a face but no features whatsoever I could see. Be great if you could let me know. Thanks
Justjess (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-07)
Wow, great story! Sorry that your parents didn't believe you. My 5 year old son recently told me he had seen a shadow person in the hall and was scared. My husband didn't believe him and it made me mad because I knew that he was telling the truth because I had seen it too. I just don't want to be one of those parents that makes their kids feel like they are making it up or imagining it. If they get scared, then by all means they can sleep in my room. It annoys my husband but I don't care lol. And I feel you probably did see something but I am glad you don't see it anymore. Sounds very scary.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-26)
Hi Rohith1210, I would like to advise you one thing. When it comes to paranormal, please don't get scared. You should be bold enough. I am happy that whatever you have been seeing has gone away after the Pooja. And I want to echo the question of lady-glow. How did the priest do the pooja? From outside? Welcome to YGS.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ConfusingxRain (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-20)
Hello!
Most parents tell their children that what they see isn't real. Sure, you could have a wild imagination but why would you be that scared? Well, I hope whatever was there with you is gone for good now! Thank you for sharing!
PiNkBeRRy224 (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Thanks for sharing but it seems like most adults NEVER believe their kids when they experience it. Disturbing right? Just because it never happened to the parents or they deny it doesn't mean they should ignore it. Some believe that it only happens in movies or its their imagination. Or they just choose not to believe. We're brought up to not to believe in these entities or demons until it actually slaps us in the face.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-15)
Welcome to YGS.
Do you mean the priest decided to enter the house or did he perform the rituals outside?

Anyway, I'm glad to know the puja put an end to your ordeal and helped on saving some money on the power bill. 😊

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: