You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandpa, Is That You?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa, Is That You?

 

I was sleeping in my room when a sound woke me up. It was almost 3 am at midnight. I went to the hall and it was little dark, the moonlight from the window made me saw a figure seated on my sofa. I was scared and quickly I switched on the light.

It was my grandpa. I was surprised seeing him here because he was in my uncle house for 2 years in Kolkata, West Bengal. If he was about to come and visit us he would have informed us, but he didn't. And how did he come inside? The door was locked and how did he knew this address? Because after my grandpa went to uncle's house 2 years ago, we also shifted from that place to somewhere else. He didn't have any bags too. All this questions made me terrified.

He was sitting on the sofa, quiet, no movement at all; I went near him, confused, asked him "Hey, Dadu (I called him) how are you? And why didn't you inform us you were coming? We would have picked you up." He looked at me and smiled; he got up from the sofa, kissed my forehead and said "take care".

That time I got a call on my mobile, it was my sister Enakshi (uncle's daughter) from Kolkata, and I said to grandpa "Look, maybe they are calling to confirm if you have reached here or not." I took the call and my sister was crying, I asked what happened. She said "Sonai, (my nickname) grandpa is no more."

After hearing that I quickly turned myself and I was alone in that room, grandpa was gone. My sister was asking for me if I was available on there, but my lips were shivering and I was breathing heavily. I dropped my mobile and screamed "Mom!" Dad, mom and my brother (5 years old) came running to me, just asking me what happened, I just gave my mobile to mom, she heard the news and also said to my dad, they started crying.

My dad booked flight tickets for Kolkata and we left the very next day. I was still in shock, I didn't come out of that. My mom knew something was suspicious, but she didn't ask me that time. We reached Kolkata, met my uncle and went to his house, did all rituals and everything. This time we all were warned to be careful because it was 7th March, my grandpa died on the same day, when my grandma died 17 years ago.

We all were asleep in one room, when suddenly my uncle heard a sound "crack". He went looking when he realized that his fish aquarium has broke. He was cleaning that place when a sound made us all wake up. Someone was walking with pockets full of coins, and we all remember my grandpa did, he walked with pockets full of coins. We all gathered in the hall and my brother pointed at the kitchen and said, "Look, white man". That time we were froze to death, it was something light fog, we could see across that, was moving and the coins clashing sound was coming from that, it stopped and "puff" gone.

We all knew it was grandpa, we couldn't sleep that night. Next day was our flight back to Mumbai, we said goodbye to them and we left. While coming back my mom asked me about the night, she asked "What were you doing that night so late? You were completing your assignment or something?" I looked at her and I said about that night what exactly happened. She looked at me with huge eyes that made me scared.

Few months later, we got a call from my uncle; he said he met with an accident; he had fractured right hand and leg. We asked how did this happen? He said he was going out of town in a car for official work; while travelling the road was getting narrow and a truck from behind wanted to crossover him. My uncle gave him space to do that but to his surprise the truck disappeared. He looked back again but there was no vehicle behind him. When he looked at front, that same truck came and they both crashed. Uncle's left side of car was gone totally; he was seated in the right, shivering, hurt his left side hand and leg.

Few months later, it was my 18th birthday that day, and my doorbell rang, there was a parcel, it was kept outside of my door, and it was for...ME? I never got a parcel in my whole life. 'From your beloved' was written on top of that gift. I opened it and inside I found a small pendent, heart shaped, my mom snatched that pendent from my hands. I asked "Mom? What was that?" she was in a shock, she said "This pendent! This was supposed to be given you on your 18th birthday from your grandparents. Your grandpa brought this after you were born. He said me once that he would gift you this when you become 18, on behalf of your grandma and him."... So I asked "So why are you shocked, Mom? Maybe uncle found this and delivered to me."

But what she said made believe that yes, my grandparents are still with us. My mom said, "But this pendent was lost in shifting from your village to Mumbai. We all tried searching it but couldn't found this. We thought maybe it's robbed because it was of real gold." And that made me go blank.

My 18th birthday was good, surprising and also the one which terrified me. I still feel them sometimes, but I'm not sacred because I know they won't hurt me.

Other hauntings by maggirockz13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maggirockz13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Hi Allicatt,
Thanks for reading my story,
Yes, I was special for him because he used to say I look just like my grandma, I don't know how much of truth was it, but I felt happy seeing him smile,
We are at peace, sometimes I feel him, but I know he won't ever harm anyone.
And yes, it was really unbelievable that he died on the same date my grandma died, maybe there love was so strong.
Takecare

Regards,
Meghna
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
-1
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Hi Sds,
Thank for reading my story and also giving your point of view.
I didn't felt offended from your comment because I know everyone has different views.
But about your doubts, I would like to be clear to you,
First, My grandpa did kissed me on my forehead, which I couldn't feel his touch because that very moment I got a call from my sister, when I was about to receive the call my grandpa said takecare. I was confused that time and I got the news from my sister about my grandpa death.

Second, The fog like figure seen by everyone with the sound of coins, the figure was first seen by my brother who was just 5yrs old, and my whole family has seen it, so we didn't lied about that, and the sound of coins, my grandpa did walked with pockets full of coins it happened with us so we know how scared we were that time.

Third, about the truck seen in the rear-view mirror, it happened with my uncle, and he knows the meaning of fear because he was about to die if he didn't had any control on his driving. He never believed on evil, spirits, ghost etc, its in our believe to be safe for a year after the funeral, because the deceased person gives hints to us if we are in any trouble, and my grandpa did gave my uncle hints about the truck in the mirror, until date my uncle believes it was just coincidence and nothing else, but I know it was my grandpa who wanted to safe his son.

Forth, about the pendent, maybe it was send by someone from my relative, but how is it possible that I got the pendent on my 18th birthday when my grandparents wanted to gift me that time? And the pendent was lost after we shifted from our village, maybe for you its unbelievable, but for me its unexpected too, but I believe that pendent was meant for me so I said that in my story.
Sorry if you felt anything bad about my comment. I have no intentions to offend you.
Takecare

Regards
Meghna.
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Hi PureIndian,
Thanks for reading my story.
Honestly, I don't worship god, sorry but I didn't mean to offend you.
My father worships Hanuman G, He read Hanuman chalisha and many more, when I'm scared I do murmur hanuman chalisha 4 or 5 para which only I know, I feel relaxed but its just in our mind that reading those things or wearing those pendent will keep us away from evil. Just believe god from your heart that all I want to say.
Sorry again if you felt bad about my comment.

Regards
Meghna
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Hi PriyankaMenon,
Thanks for reading my Story.
And yes, maybe i'm special that's why I can feel them.
About my Uncle accident, I really don't know if it was a ghost prank or something else but because of our believe that after the funeral we have to be safe for a year, maybe it was connected to that.
Takecare.

Regards
Meghna
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Hi xyooj,
Thank for reading my story.
Takecare

Regards
Meghna
Allicatt (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-09-28)
Hey Maggirockz,

How wonderful that your grandfather came to tell you goodbye. It seems that you were very close to him. I hope that you can have peace concerning his passing. I find it interesting that he died on the same day your grandmother did years ago. I've heard of it happing but not to the exact date. Thank you for sharing this,

Allicatt
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-09-26)
Hello maggirockz13, it is a fact that loved ones come back to say "Good Bye" to those who were not present when they passed on. In that way, I think your grandfather might have presented himself to you to say his farewell.

Secondly, to you and Pureindian, there is nothing called 3 a.m. Stuff that has got any relationship with paranormal, either in Indian or Western cultures.

Thirdly, having said that loved ones come back from the other side to exhibit their love and affection etc., I wanted to comment something about what you have written. I have given more than 3 days thought whether I should express my views about what you have written.

It requires a lot of energy for a spirit to come and manifest itself to you. It might be that your grandfather might have presented himself to you early in the morning when he passed on. But kissing your forehead etc., are far-fetched and not believable.

Then regarding the other narrations you have made about people seeing a fog like apparition on the day of his funeral, the truck seen in the rear-view mirror besides the pendant you have received are quite unbelievable.

The pendant might have been sent by anyone and to think that it could have been your grandparents, who have passed on, might have sent it, are just fictional.

Except that your grandfather might have shown himself to you on the day of his demise, early in the morning, others like his kiss on your forehead, the fog-like figure seen by every one with the sound of coins, the truck seen from the rear view mirror and the pendant being sent by the grandparents, who have passed on, could not be believed and I don't mean to offend you, it just feels like seeing an Indian "horror movie", where they depict these aspects, which are not factual and highly improbable.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Pureindian (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-24)
Maggie

Alwys worship of hanuman g, he will alwys protact you & your family from such accident which you face in your life till. Hanuman g bless you & your family
Pureindian (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-24)
Its truely said that at 3am all paranormal activites become strong all spirits & demons become so powerfull. So alwys wear hanuman g pendent in your neck or eles keep idol of hanuman g at home & in your so you won't face any kind of issues in your entire life it will surely help you trust me.
PriyankaMenon (2 stories) (41 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-09-22)
Maggie dear
Time and again it has proved your grandparents are determined to be with you forever. They want to take care of you especially.

You are special dear.

It makes me sad to lose them in such a way. You read my story and yeah you were true it's similar to mine.

By the way why your uncle had accident in such a way? Was it a ghostly prank or what? Its terrifying dear.
xyooj (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-20)
This is a VERY creepy awesome cool story. It was a good read! Thanks for sharing!
maggirockz13 (13 stories) (163 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Hi SweetSunshine1800,
Thank you so much for reading my story.
Sometimes it still brings me creeps when I remember his last visit to me. When he kissed my forehead, I was cold, his kiss was icy cold. My sis saying me grandpa is no more, then I find myself alone in that hall. I shivers me.
He loved me unconditionally, or else he would have never came to visit me for the last time.
Hope he is ok.

Regards
Meghna
sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-16)
Hello maggirockz,

Another lovely encounter to share, brought tears to my eyes 😭 Grandparents love us unconditionally no matter what. So it's probably both your grandpa and grandma watching over you all 😊

It's going over to my favs 😉

Have a good day!

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: