You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Do We Have A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Do We Have A Ghost?

 

A little behind the scenes... My roommate, who is my best friend for 15 years, and I are moving out of our old place and moving into a new location. Nothing like this has happened for 14. 5 months. We went to our new place earlier on Saturday to check it out, and then came back to our current place. This is when everything started happening. Also, I tested out the remote outside, in other rooms, and the channel won't change. So, its unlikely that its a neighbor or someone messing with us.

This experience happened this weekend through yesterday, and it started on Saturday, 8/20/16. I was sitting on the couch, and the channel starts changing, like up 2, down 1, info pressed. I thought it was my roommate, but it wasn't, as he was in the bathroom and right in the kitchen with this happening. Then we watch, "The Boy", a scary movie about a doll that is actually real. Anyways, we finish the movie, and I am watching the TV now, and about an hour later all of sudden, channel moves to 6-6-6. The remote is on the table, and my roommate is in the restroom. I freak out to him, and he is like WHAT are you talking about dude, I didn't do anything and what even happened. The channel changes super slow as well, which is strange.

This is when I freaked out a bit, and my roommate is starting to think something weird is going on. After this, I say out loud, "Okay, change it to channel 123 if you are real." I play Mario Kart for a bit, and we press input to watch TV again. It's on channel 125, due to channel 123 not being an available channel.

At this point, I name the ghost Trevor. I honestly don't know why, but I did. I tell "Trevor" to tap 2 times if he is real, and at this second, the AC makes a loud noise, and then I hear a bang in my roommate's room. Now, I am a believer, and tell Trevor to make a loud noise. At this instant, my roommate's phone goes off as someone calls him, and not saying anything, but it's definitely weird. In addition, the blinds fell a couple of times, and my roommate's phone was having issues logging into his bank, even though he had logged in previously that day. I am not saying this is tied to anything, but just noting that it's weird.

My roommate and I still want to test this, so he puts his hands up and signals 9-4-3 (for a channel to change). Again, we play some video games, and flip back on the TV... CHANNEL 943. I then call my girlfriend right away, and it was roughly 11:30pm... I look at the TV, and it's on a Spanish Channel with the title, "Harblar Con Ella" (Speak to Her) Again, just freaking weird. I go to bed and turn on my TV in my room, and it's channel 125... Same channel as the front room from earlier when I asked the ghost to change to 123.

The next day comes about, and I am out of the house until 10pm or so. Nothing happens at all with my roommate, and we don't think twice about it. My girlfriend and I are in my room watching TV. All of a sudden the TV moved to Channel 125, and this wasn't the last channel I watched, it was 1602... A few seconds later I see 2-2-2 pop up on the screen and the TV goes to that channel. Remote on my bed and my roommate is asleep. We go to bed freaked out.

Monday comes around, and I tell some people at work, but don't mention the details. On the way home, I text my roommate "621" on the way home from work. We take a nap and wake up at roughly 8:30pm, it's on channel 624. This is getting pretty ridiculous at this point, and NO it's not my roommate, who is my best friend, doing this to freak me out, as he is more scared than me at this point. I am sure that's what everyone is thinking, but this is unreal.

Tuesday (yesterday) comes around I am telling my co-worker about it in detail. I tell him to text me a number, to see if the channel would change to it. It didn't happen, but something strange did. I call him over this morning to tell him, "Damn, it didn't move to your number, but 17 minutes of a show on channel 420 got recorded, a channel we have never watched." We only watch HD, which is 1000 and above. My co-worker freaks out, and said I told everyone yesterday, "Watch, it will change to channel 420 or something", but decided to pick channel 268. I confirmed with my co-workers that he said that, but that's not the number he picked or told me.

All in all, this is extremely weird. I feel I am level headed and not freaking out at every little thing. But, this is all strange and I don't understand. Seeing if anyone else had similar experiences. Thank you very much

I know this story is all over the place, but so much has happened. Let me know if people want more details. Thank you!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rmac123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheSkeptic (21 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-10-17)
Sounds like a series of annoying coincidences. Call your Cable or satellite company and tell them. Could be a problem with your TV as well. Occams razor is the scientific term for the simplest explanation is the most likely and in this instance a series of bad coincidences is the most likely explanation.
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-14)
Wow! I didn't know that ghost could be so active! I did a little research and found the word self-poltergeist, to explain, some people have power but could not control it well, could you be one of the gifted person? Just asking.

I am sorry Rmac123 I have to say something not related to your story; I think this is the only timing. Since some one here is interested in reading all the other people's stories, why can't they do some research themselves and try even to help the author of the stories instead of writing unnecessary complains on lacking on stories? This site is not simply an online story site (as I could tell), it you want, "join" the community here, you are always welcome.

Love from São Paulo

E.Lynx
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-10-13)
Once again I would like to thank the mods for the extra time they put into this site.
Paul, the mods on this site owe you NOTHING, ZIP, ZEROm ETC.
Do you not understand they do this on their own free time and have
NO obligation to entertain you.
May I also suggest that in case you haven't heard, the internet is
A really big place. Enormous in fact. I'm sure if you spent half as much time looking over the web as you do complaining you would find enough stories to hold you over.
Better yet, get a flashlight and a digital recorder and go bug the dead.
See if they entertain you
Kya1994 (10 stories) (174 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-13)
Hi Rmac123

Your story is intriguing, I have no advice or questions but I offer compliments. Thanks for sharing. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
8 years ago (2016-10-13)
Paul1977 - frankly, I am tired of your complaints about no new stories. Obviously you want an explanation other than those previously given to you. Guess what? It truly is none of your business. We (mods) don't owe anyone other than the administrator an explanation for why we aren't pushing our personal lives aside to satisfy your cravings for new stories.

If you are the type of person who is lucky enough that their personal life doesn't intrude on their story reading time, then I congratulate you. Or offer my deepest sympathy. I'm truly not sure which.

This is the last time your complaining will be addressed. Additional comments left on someone's story that are not advice, etc will be deleted.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+6
8 years ago (2016-10-13)
"We currently have 16504 published ghost experiences!"
Read some of them. Problem solved.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+7
8 years ago (2016-10-12)
Paul1977: can you tell me why you can't get the message and be patient and respectful to the time and effort the mods put into running the site? 😠

It is getting annoying that you just comment when feeling itchy about the "lack" of new stories!
Paul1977 (13 posts)
-4
8 years ago (2016-10-12)
Can someone tell me why its been almost 2 months since a new story has been posted?
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-07)
Please don't name it or try talking to it. It probably followed you from the new apartment to your old one. If you name it, it'll stick around and on top of that if you try communicating with it, it will try sticking around. They love when humans know that they're there. One time I was looking at one in my old living room and it asked me if I saw it and responded yes. It stayed around for a while until I told it to leave. It's best to ignore it.
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-03)
Well I'm not sure if this could be a ghost but most ghost do communicate through electronics. I think what you should do is light a white candle as say a light prayer to help what ever is there go to where it's suppose to go and if you feel things getting stronger then you light some sage all over the house including the corners and tell it to leave.
One thing to know is that you should never encourage an entity/ghost. You never know if they are good or band and encouraging them will only make them grow bigger and it will be harder for you guys to get that thing out of your home. Well good luck I hope what ever is there will stop bothering you, I'm sure you'd like to watch TV in peace:)
Allicatt (5 stories) (68 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-28)
Rmac123,

It's interesting and not surprising seeing that you asked the spirit to prove it was real. Though I will suggest not naming the spirit unless you are ok with it being in your house, that's almost like giving it a go ahead to hang around. And while right now it's only changing the channels it dosent mean that it will stay friendly and yet it very well could. I myself have a spirit that simply messes with the electronic clocks in my house so I know where your coming from, just be cautious.

Allicatt
MysteryResearch (23 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-09-27)
Hi Rmac123,

It is a fairly common problem for a TV to switch channels on its own. You could have a bad cable box, your TV could be going out, or some other device in the room could be triggering it - or even sunlight. In my opinion, a neighbor could be doing this from just the right spot. Is the TV visible from a window?

The bigger issue is that the channels seem to be switching in response to you, in an unexplained way. If you do feel this is a ghost, don't engage and don't encourage it. Or maybe it is a random glitch, and you were somehow predicting the numbers. My opinion is that this is the case. Try changing the batteries on your remote. If that doesn't work, check with your cable company, and move the TV so that it is away from wireless devices, and not in line with the window. You may need to replace the TV/remote. If none of that works, you could try the techniques on this site for cleansing your place, or have your place blessed or smudged, whatever fits with your beliefs.

You do seem to suspect your roommate. Some advice: try to clear this up before you sign a lease on your new place, if you haven't already.

Best,
MysteryResearch
Hunter_007 (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-27)
If what you said is true then the only possibility is that its an ghost who just want to watch t.v or just want to give tv rating (trp) to his fav channel. Well anyway did you notice genre of channels that are changed/watched by ghost. It will help you to know whether ghost is kid or an adult.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: