You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hearing Voices Under My Pillow

Real Ghost Stories

Hearing Voices Under My Pillow

 

Moved to a single family house in West Springfield, MA over a year ago, from the first night heard noises all over the house. In the past 6 months while in bed sleeping or awake I am hearing voices under my pillow, first it was an women's voice crying under my pillow and then it changes to a male voice and now it is like some kind of animal roaring and heavy breathing. When this happens I pray read the bible and use Holy water. It goes away, but the voices come back almost every night since. My husband sleeps next to me and does not hear anything, we even went away for the weekend and stayed at a hotel and did not hear anything. The best 2 nights sleep I have had in the past 6 months. When we first looked at the house before we rented it, the owner said that the older lady that lived there was in and out of a nursing home and passed away at the nursing home. We talked to a neighbor and she said that the lady passed away in the bedroom of the house, so the owner did not tell us the truth. If they had told us the truth we probably would have not taken the place or cleansed the place as I am a very religious person. I have mentioned it to my doctors and one of them said it could be a medication that I am taking for restless leg and he said to stop taking the medication, so I stopped taking the medication and it is still happening as I have been taking that medication for about 6 years and never had these experiences before we moved here. I am afraid if this continues it will result to anger and bad moods towards my husband who does not experience this. I would like to get an understanding of what may be causing this experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LuzR1956, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-22)
Hi LuzR1956, the way I deal with these sorts of noises is to wear earplugs when I sleep. They block out all of those random noises, ghostly and not. You're right about it making you cranky and taking it out on your husband. The right earplugs can do wonders. I like the Flents Quiet! Please earplugs. They are fairly small and comfortable and do a great job of blocking noise.
Loganberry (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-20)
I have had this happen to me a few times, but it turned out to just be noise from someone watching tv on low, and the sound carried. You say "I am afraid if this continues it will result to anger and bad moods towards my husband who does not experience this. I would like to get an understanding of what may be causing this experience." Have you felt that the presence was evil? Why would it affect you that way?
micasa (17 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-19)
I don't want to sound unfeeling here because I believe you are truly experiencing exactly what you say you are. Therefore, the only sane advice I have for you is to move out. You said it yourself, the best two nights of sleep you have had in the past six months were when you went away for the weekend.
Good luck dear.
ladydarke (113 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-10-18)
Luz,

Have you and your husband tried switching sides on the bed? See if he hears what you do when he sleeps in your spot, and if you are noise-free on his. Also, if that doesn't work or just results in him being bothered, consider moving the bed itself to a different spot in the room - maybe even try putting it in a different room given the size and layout of your house - and see what happens.

Those seem the most efficient ways of either ruling out or hopefully alleviating an environmental cause such as the transmitted noise Biblio suggested.

Good luck!
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-18)
Hello Luzma:

My heart goes out to you. Since you slept in another location & you weren't bothered I would think it's something in your house. Maybe something explainable like noise coming in from a nearby home, etc. I have to agree with the other commenters to try a cleansing, blessing, etc.

Thanks for your story.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-18)
Greetings, Luz;

When moving into a new home, there are a thousand tiny details about the structure you don't notice until much later; additionally, it always takes a few weeks to get used to the noises of the house and the neighborhood.

The rather frantic pace of your narrative suggests you're stressed because of the unpleasant experiences, but I'm going to ask a few questions along the line Rook suggested,"everything natural or normal (and med related) must be ruled out," then one or two about your faith.

1) Is there a ventilation duct or grate in the wall or the floor on your side of the bed?
2) Is there another house nearby, where someone watching television may be creating the sounds which are traveling a short distance to your home?
3) Can you identify anything which the female or male voices said when you heard them?
4) Have you tried praying, reading the Bible, and using the Holy Water *before* you go to bed, to see if that makes a difference? This may allow you to sleep well without being woken up by unwanted voices/noises.
5) Have you had a Priest perform a blessing on your new residence? Sometimes, all it takes to clear out unpleasantness is a serious and devoted minister engaging in sincere prayer to make your house into a happy home.
6) Have the events become worse or more noticeable since you stopped taking your Restless Leg Syndrome medication? It may be that you need to return to the helpful medication to get a good night's sleep when the voices are no longer bothering you.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

Best,
Biblio.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-18)
Hi there LuzR,

Another thought about medications. Since moving have you introduced something new into your diet? Perhaps a product stocked by your new local shops? If this is the case, perhaps it's not agreeing with you or your meds. Just a thought.

Lady Glow and Rook are right, a cleansing is always a good idea.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-18)
You mentioned a long term use of a medication and that your Doctor recommended you stop taking it...

A) Did he recommend another medication?

B) How long ago did you stop taking it?

While it is possible that you are more sensitive than your Husband everything natural or normal (and med related) must be ruled out.

Meds can be funny things... No side effects for years then suddenly a small change in our metabolism/physiology and things start going 'sideways'. Continue to work with your Doctor (s) and if it helps bring you piece of mind preform a Cleansing for the home.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-18)
Welcome to YGS.
If the spirit of the previous tenant is really there, she doesn't seem to have any evil intention towards you, perhaps she is only trying to get your attention and be noticed.
You could acknowledge her presence and ask her to let you sleep and move on to the light. Perhaps she's not aware of her passing.

Performing a cleansing would be a good idea.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: