You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: Turned Around

Real Ghost Stories

Turned Around

 

To begin with this story, I want to let you guys know this occurrence happened when I was around 10 years old.

I always wanted an electric toothbrush that you pressed a button and it would brush your teeth basically on your own except the fact that you had to move it to where it needed to be clean.

One day my dad surprised me with a really pretty electric Cinderella doll body toothbrush. I fell in love and brushed my teeth so much through out the day. (Please don't judge lol I was just a kid) after while of using it I didn't pay much attention to it. It became a regular toothbrush to me.

Weeks passed and I started noticing that the toothbrush would always be turned with its back to me when I would leave it with the front facing me. I didn't really pay much mind to it because I thought my parents might be the ones moving it to make space on the sink top since the toothbrush was a little chubby.

I decided to ask if they were the ones moving my toothbrush all the time to face its back to me and they said they had never touched my toothbrush. I then took the toothbrush out of the bathroom and placed it on my dresser in my bedroom facing me. I then left my room and went to play with a couple friends outside and forgot about the toothbrush. When I got back home my mom sent me shower because I was all sweaty from all the running around outside.

I went to shower and when I got out I went to eat dinner then decided to watch a little T.V with my parents before heading to bed. I went to brush my teeth, I went into the bathroom and realized my toothbrush was in my room. As soon as I walked in my room the toothbrush was facing its back to me again. That's when it freaked me out a bit and I asked my parents if anyone had gone in my room and my mom replied and said "no".

I told my parents the toothbrush was turning on its own every time I left it alone. Of course since I was just a child they did not believe me.

Since they decided not to believe me I told them the next day I would leave it with them in their room so they could see that I was telling the truth. I place the toothbrush in their room and showed them the position I would be living it which was facing me. I told them not to go in their room until I got back from school and so they did as I said. When I arrived home from school I told my dad to check it out as well as I did to my mom. They both walked to their room and saw the toothbrush with its back facing me now! They told me to throw the toothbrush away because neither of them had gone in the room and I was just arriving home from school. I still had my backpack on while they were visualizing my occurrence with the toothbrush.

I do not know why I have so many occurrences with moving objects.

Other hauntings by Sanchez_92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sanchez_92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
para_nez,

Thank you for reading my story,

I agree with you 100% with what you are saying about children tending to be more involved with the paranormal. I used to see shadows on wall when I was much smaller and it would rain. The weird thing was that it was in my country in a living room that was in the center of the house away from all windows. So there most certainly would not been any shadows that could have been seen at all without windows to make them out. I was planning to write about that but it's much too short to write about and I don't really remember it well.
About this story I do remember getting upset that my parents thought I was crazy and did not believe me until they saw it with their own eyes.

I really appreciate you reading my story and I most definitely will be posting about the motion light soon.

Love,
Sanchez
para_nez (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
Sanchez,
Thanks for sharing your story!
I believe that as we grow over time, people tend to stop believing in this type of experience or are more likely to shrug it off as nothing. But I truly believe that children have a more open mind and are more susceptible to the paranormal because of their innocence. That could be perhaps why the entity focused on your toothbrush? Do you remember any other inanimate objects moving on their own?
Again, Thanks for sharing! I look forward to reading the story about the motion light 😊
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
Loganberry,

Definitely! And the only thing that took over was the fear and the fact that I wanted to show my parents I was telling the truth about my experience.
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
Nanaletta,

Happy Halloween to you as well,

I don't really pay much mind to it anymore, but when I do arrive home from work behind the door my dad has a light that turns on when it detects movement. At time I get out of bed to go use the restroom and I find it on when no one is even near it. That's another story though.

Love,
Sanchez
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
Micasa,

Yes, and you know as a child you get curious and just end up more frighten about the situation. We don't really have an understanding on ghost also because when we do experience things like that we tend to share then and end up not being believed in.

Thank you for reading my experience I really appreciate it.

Love,
Sanchez
Loganberry (10 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-20)
I would have thought of the battery first ad well, but as a child, I'm sure the creep factor was more than enough for you to think about. What an odd event.
nanalette (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-19)
Happy Halloween Sanchez_92, One question. Do you still have things move around you or have you ever noticed anything since the toothbrush incident? I am curious. 😁
micasa (17 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-19)
Sanchez,
Yeah, it's weird to have something like this happen. I believe you experienced it just how you said you had. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it. 😲
Sanchez_92 (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-10-19)
Lady-Glow

The toothbrush button had to be pressed with plenty of force in order for it to functioning. That's why I did not understand why the position of it would change when no one was around. I was young I did not really think of that and my parents at first just thought I was crazy and when they actually saw and believed me the first thing that came to their mind was just to throw it away.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-10-18)
Hi Sanchez. With the toothbrush being a mechanical object I wouldn't discard the possibility that it kept on moving slightly after you had turned it off. After all it is not like you would find it in a different place than where you had left it.

Personally, I would have tried to remove the battery and see if it still would turn around... But it is too late for that, isn't it?

Im looking forward to read more of your experiences.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: