You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Scream

Real Ghost Stories

The Scream

 

First to start, my story may sound like a dream or an illusion of some sorts, but it's not, I have no idea what it was but I know I was fully awake and conscious.

This happened a couple years ago (not exactly sure) but it was the middle of the night, when everyone in the house was asleep (just to make it clear, it was me, alone, awake, at night reading a book, while my parents are fast asleep in their room across the hall, and it's only us 3 in the house)

I was laying in bed, half laying down - half sitting, reading my book, when out of nowhere and very suddenly, I hear what sounds like someone screaming at the top of their lungs 'ahhhhhhhh', it sounded like it came from just outside my bedroom door, which is closed, so of course I couldn't see anything but I know I heard it because I jumped like 2 feet in the air, and I was really shaky.

It took me about 5 minutes maybe even 10 minutes before I got the courage to get up and look around, there was nothing around, not even outside, I looked out through the windows to see if there was someone on the street, that could have screamed like that.

There wasn't anything that followed, like another noise or something, it was just a really loud scream and that's it, nothing's happened before or after, and its the only really freaky thing that's happened to me I can't explain, but if anyone could give me a possible explanation as to what happened, it would be appreciated, thanks

P.S Also in the morning after a few more hours of staying up, before I could finally fall asleep, I told and asked my dad and mom if they heard anything, they said no and just brushed it off to I was dreaming or imagined it... I was literally shaking after hearing that scream because it was so loud and close, and very sudden, there's no way I could have imagined it or dreamed it cause I wasn't even close to sleeping yet

Other hauntings by shadow17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadow17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

friendlyclown (3 stories) (2 posts)
 
4 years ago (2019-12-17)
I would PEE MY PANTS if this happened. I believe maybe it is a spirit in mourning? Did any of your family members die gruesomeley?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-22)
Question for the O/P:

Did anything happen to a Family Member with in the next 2-3 weeks?

There is a type of spirit that 'screams' at certain times, 'with-in' different families. The scream is either a 'foretelling or warning' being given by the spirit.

So if this was not the last dying gasp of some pure animal under, or very near your home and you somehow 'thought' the sound came from with-in the house then MAYBE the spirit type I am thinking of was the cause for this scream.

Respectfully,

Rook
micasa (17 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-21)
shadow,
I have experienced something similar and it was too freaky for words. The fact that you don't recognize the voice is obvious. You would have known right away if it were your mother, right? I believe you heard what you heard but I'm sorry I cannot help you identify why it occurred.
I wish I could be more helpful...
Enlightened1959 (8 stories) (118 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-21)
Very odd! Nothing else has happened since then? This is extremely strange. I have had paranormal things happen to me but never a loud scream. I would look into the history or your house or land.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: